patch

Hi everybody.

Isn't going to be another patch that would give High Definition Movies and High Quality Music? So what happen. I know Obsidian announced that patch when released the firt one (1.0b), saying that was going to take a couple of days to release the Movie/Music patch. So did they lost the patch or something, because I would like to know.

Look, no one really knows why the patch has taken this long. It's been speculated around the forums that LucasArts would want it to die just like the content patch. (if you haven't heard of it, Obsidian approached them about a patch that would add cut stuff back in, but LucasArts said no.) That's why people, including me, have decided to take a wait-and-see approach. So all we can do is wait.

Iv'e heard that 2 month's ago.

That's got to be an resonable explanation for this delay.

Anyone know what happen?

Ask on the Lucasarts forum. They're the one holding up the patch, not Obsidian.

Although I doubt you'll get a response on there. I don't think they bother to even moderate their forums. :-

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They already lost reputation, pissed off some of the clients and even lost clients because of cutting some important content of the game, the bugs, the delay of the first patch, I don't think they should make any kind of mistakes like this.

They already lost reputation, pissed off some of the clients and even lost clients because of cutting some important content of the game, the bugs, the delay of the first patch, I don't think they should make any kind of mistakes like this.

You obviously haven't been following how Lucasarts does business then.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They sell products with "Star Wars" on the front. The name itself will guarantee sales regardless of how crappy the product. *cough*SuperBombadRacing*cough*

Yes. But the existing management do not seem to care about the long-term survivability of the franchise. Or, they expect that the name will sell the product, above the quality of it and the support. And there is little to dissuade them of this belief when listening to the attitudes of posters on the fora ... :ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't see that happening. Because as much as some people are upset by various aspects of their games (ie. cut content, bugs, etc.), there are more than that who don't even have a problem with it, or don't know there is a problem and thus to them feel that Lucasarts' games are fine and therefore wouldn't object to continue buying them.

For now I'm concerning about TSL (about the damn Movie/Music patch and the restoration project wich is great). About other games in future, well, I just really, really, really hope that Kotor 3 (if it's going to exist) not be so buggy. This includes the other games, of course.

TSL is pretty much a lost cause (if you're one of those who ran into big problems with it, and/or disliked the overall game) since Lucasarts pretty much washed their hands of it once they got their Christmas rushed release.

You might (emphasis on might) see another patch, but I doubt it.

I don't dislike the game, on the contrary, it's a very good game.

But it's just seems poor a game like this have Low-Definition Movies and bad quality Music.

Maybe it's just me but I don't think it's hard for Obsidian and Lucasarts to make the patch and then release it.

You're right, it shouldn't be. The patch has been finished for about the last 2 months. But I'm assuming Lucasarts' restructuring and moving into their new digs has been the cause for the delay (throw me a bone here LA, I'm trying to give you an excuse for why the delay). :ermm:

"lolol" That's what I thought. I don't believe it either.

But as I was saying this delay just make no sense to me.

They don't have to fix anything, is just improve quality in movies and music. It shouldn't be hard for them to make it and to release it.