Ds or LS

Whenever I talk to someone who is playing the game for the first time, I tell them to play LS, then DS...because DS is so rewarding after playing through as an unpaid errand girl :- You never know, might actually be fun - put it on max difficulty though.

I think someone made a balancing mod for the DS powers, I need to try that.

Only problem with that is you'll get no influence whatsoever with Disciple since he's probably the biggest goody-goody in the game.

Doesn't matter one whit, since influence/bad-influence achieves the same result...except maybe w/Handmaiden or something, I think?

I played DS my 1st time through and once I got over the "I'm a goody two shoes" mental issues I had a blast. Definitely try it once.

That said, once I finished that game and went for LS, I've gone LS every time. I prefer the way the NPC's look LS.

I'm so shallow.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I prefer playing as a lightside female Exile. I've tried playing DS, but I couldn't get with it very far before getting sick of DS

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The other problem with DS people is they tend to look old. I'm all for intimidating appearances, but did you see a DS master Disciple? He doesn't look intimidating, he just looks like he belongs in a home. I'm all for tweaking the DS facial appearances. :(

However, I am and always will be a LS fan. I'm a sucker for helping people out. :lol: And the games make it so easy. (although, at least in K1 I didn't get scolded for being LS) :-" I have now only just began a DS playthrough for both KOTOR's. Although I must admit it's quite fun :) and it is worth trying out. :p One of the things that makes it easier for me to be DS is just to imagine that they are all actors playing a part in a play. That, and they are just pixelated people.

I'm still trying to figure out why people have such a difficult time playing as DS. It's a ROLE playing game, so I don't get how people can't put themselves into the role, especially when the game is that much more fleshed out when you play it both ways and see the events unfold from both perspectives.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm still trying to figure out why people have such a difficult time playing as DS.  It's a ROLE playing game, so I don't get how people can't put themselves into the role, especially when the game is that much more fleshed out when you play it both ways and see the events unfold from both perspectives.

If the dialogue doesn't mach the role you want to play (i.e. a smart "Darth Sidious" manipulator-type character, rather than a kick-the-puppy-type character) then it's hard to get into the character.

I mean, really, what's my motivation? :)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If the dialogue doesn't mach the role you want to play (i.e. a smart "Darth Sidious" manipulator-type character, rather than a kick-the-puppy-type character) then it's hard to get into the character.

I mean, really, what's my motivation? :)"

That just means you're not a very good roleplayer if you can't adept to different roles presented to you. :alien:"

GoA 1

Meta 0

:D

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No, it means that roleplaying a sack-of-kittens-drowner is boring and not fun, so doing it is more a chore than a recreation.

You go ahead, though, obviously you need to be cruel in order to balance out how you feel after those nasty bullies picked on you at school ... :)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 4 weeks later...

'O.K., I looked into it. I use the same example- Sentinel/Watchman. I changed the character's alignment with cheat codes. And here is the result- with the maximum amount of darkside points the Exile gained +6Dex( +3Dex for being a Sentinel and +3Dex for Sith Assassin). So, a LS Assassin should gain +6Con- +3 for Sentinel and +3 for Watchman). The same should happen with all the other prestige classes. For mixed classes the result should be the same. A LIGHT Guardian/Sith Lord should get the +3 Str and +3 Wis as a Jedi Master'

-Bulgarian Jedi

Above are the stats as posted by Bulgarian Jedi for both light/dark alignment. Both the light/dark side will yield similar increment attribute points. One is not better or easier than the other in terms of alignment mastery. Thus, you might have a dark-sided Consular/Jedi Master or perhaps a light-sided Consular/Sith Lord and still get points for alignment mastery.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧