Jack Thompson

I don't get it. That's the third time I've seen that "Quite you[sic?]!" here on the fora. Is it a typo, or some obscure interweb flick of humour?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I don't get it. That's the third time I've seen that "Quite you[sic?]!" here on the fora. Is it a typo, or some obscure interweb flick of humour?

It's from some comic. I don't remember which. I've used it twice. I think someone's been brain washing me. :lol:

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well...try and cope with it then. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The more I read about this man, and the more I hear, the more I find myself laughing, or grinning like a kid who just found some long lost toy.

People like him have a habit of ignoring reason, and plowing ahead even if they're wrong. Bull-headed, I think, is the proper term...though his form of it seems to be augmented by a less than healthy level of idiocy.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

But think of the childern!-Revern Love Joy's wife from The Simpsons.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I represent the children, and the children agree. He should fear our wrath because hours of Half-Life 2 has made me an expert with a gravity gun. Now all I have to do is find one. :(

Oh crap, now he's going to sue me. :ph34r:

sig2.gif

I represent the children, and the children agree.  He should fear our wrath because hours of Half-Life 2 has made me an expert with a gravity gun.  Now all I have to do is find one. :(

No, he's not. You're the victim in all of this. He's going to sue the gaming industry on your behalf and get you millions of dollars. :- You should write and tell him how scarred you are.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

He's going after ze wrong guy. It isn't ze internet he should go after, it's ze children. Ze internet is our future, it is all zat is good and pure in ze world. Ban ze children I say.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

He should fear our wrath because hours of Half-Life 2 has made me an expert with a gravity gun.  Now all I have to do is find one. :shifty:

Yeah, but when you do, then who is going to protect us? :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I represent the children, and the children agree.  He should fear our wrath because hours of Half-Life 2 has made me an expert with a gravity gun.  Now all I have to do is find one. :rolleyes:

No, he's not. You're the victim in all of this. He's going to sue the gaming industry on your behalf and get you millions of dollars. :) You should write and tell him how scarred you are.

Unlike some people *coughjackocough*, I'm more interested in actual morals than money.

Although... :shifty:

Dearest Mr. Thompson,

I agree whole-heartedly. There is a monster among us, lurking in every neighborhood. It has taken hold in our country and will continue to spread it's evil across the planet until it has tainted the minds of innocent children everywhere. Worse than anger, more damaging than greed, it could very well be the downfall of our civilization as we know it.

However, this evil is not video games. It's ignorance. The greatest tradgedies in history were spawned from something so simple. You sir, represent not only ignorance, but downright stupidity. Yes, there are some dirty games (they're rated M for a reason), just like there are gory movies and graphic novels, but instead of trying to truly prevent deaths, you're chasing an industry. Why? Perhaps it's money, perhaps it's fame, or perhaps, as many of your interviews show, you really are a complete moron. Have a nice day. :)

Think he'd like it?

sig2.gif

Unlike some people *coughjackocough*, I'm more interested in actual morals than money.

Although... :rolleyes:

Dearest Mr. Thompson,

I agree whole-heartedly.  There is a monster among us, lurking in every neighborhood.  It has taken hold in our country and will continue to spread it's evil across the planet until it has tainted the minds of innocent children everywhere.  Worse than anger, more damaging than greed, it could very well be the downfall of our civilization as we know it.

However, this evil is not video games.  It's ignorance.  The greatest tradgedies in history were spawned from something so simple.  You sir, represent not only ignorance, but downright stupidity.  Yes, there are some dirty games (they're rated M for a reason), just like there are gory movies and graphic novels, but instead of trying to truly prevent deaths, you're chasing an industry.  Why?  Perhaps it's money, perhaps it's fame, or perhaps, as many of your interviews show, you really are a complete moron.  Have a nice day. :)

Think he'd like it?

I predict a "**** You you damn dirty gamer!" response. :shifty:"

This is going to get me in trouble, but he isn't entirely wrong.

Judging from his e-mails with Scott I have to admit this guy definitely seems like an airhead with an agena...

But let's not let that stop us from listening to everything he got to say. I heard the interview he posted earlier, and he said essentially that his goal is to see ESRB ratings (or some equivilant) enforced in the game industry.

Personally, that's a setiment I agree with. I don't think a 10-year-old should be able to go buy GTA without a parent. If the parent later decides it's not worth finding out about then that's their own problem, but I do think stores should enforce the ratings. Prior to all this stuff they didn't, now they do (I have a friend at a Gamestop retailer who told me they had to be a lot more careful about who they sell games to now.)

Let's not let the whole of his message be drowned out in some of the crap he's spewing - in some ways, he's got a point.

Not that I'm denying he's an opportunistic jackass, mind. He is.

Feel free to steal this sig.

I think it's the fact he seemed more interested in bringing attention to particular games like GTA:SA rather than bringing total focus to the game ratings, the lack of control over kids easily getting their hands on these games, etc.

I know he's using GTA as an example, but when his message comes across that GTA=bad, rather than apparently his intended message of ratings not being strict enough, then he'll lose some people already who are tired of hearing about goody goodies trying to look out for whats best for us.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well yes, I agree that M rated games shouldn't be handed out to kids like candy. But it's like you said, the guy isn't trying to save lives, he's trying to get his face on tv. But I still stand by my original theory: If some kid can't tell the difference between killing a group of pixels and a real person, they were messed up looong before the games got to them.

sig2.gif