Jack Thompson

I for one am glad that Jack Thompson is the one Championing the anti-everything electronic movement. Imagine how bad it could be if someone who wasn't a complete dumbf#ck was incharge

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't know where you got the impression that Mr Jack Thomson is a complete dumbfork? He happens to be a very intelligent and respectable individual. Without Mr Jack Thomson, my faith in humanity would have dissipated long ago.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Well everyone gets an opinion

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't know where you got the impression that Mr Jack Thomson is a complete dumbfork? He happens to be a very intelligent and respectable individual. Without Mr Jack Thomson, my faith in humanity would have dissipated long ago.

Either that was sarcasm, like I'm hoping, or I just died a little on the inside. :'(

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"Either that was sarcasm"

You didn't miss entirely.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Either that was sarcasm, like I'm hoping, or I just died a little on the inside. :'(

You just died in his arms tonight

It must have been something he said

You just died in his arms tonight

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

especially for an ambulance-chaser like Thomson. Now, every crackpot with half a lame idea will go to him, and he will give them an ear and proportional effort to the size of the punitive damages multiplied by the probablility of success, divided by the opportunity to make himself more famous.

The fault lies with the justice system that allows people like this to prosper despite lack of supporting evidence. The idea that people who've been attacked by some random stranger who's played a video game are in the same catagory as people who started smoking forty years ago when the tabacco companies knew the dangers and lied about them is ridiculous. Yet he will probably gather a raft of 'experts' to support his view (well-paid, of course). Look at all the recent trouble over Professor Roy Meadows, an 'expert witness' who put women in jail because he said three cot deaths in the same family was impossible.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight

It must have been something you said

I just died in your arms tonight

I keep looking for something I can't get

Broken hearts, they're all around me

And I don't see an easier way, to get out of this

Her diary sits by the bedside table

The curtains are closed, the cat's in the cradle

Who would have thought that a boy like me could come to this

It must have been some kind of kiss

I should have walked away

Is there any just cause for feeling like this?

On the surface I'm a name on a list

I try to be discreet, but then blow it again

I've lost and found it's my final mistake

She's loving by proxy, no give and all take

'Cause I've been thrilled to fantasy, one too many times

It was a long hot night, she made it easy

She made it feel right

But now it's over, the moment has gone

I followed my hands to my head, I know I was wrong

Oh, and Jack Thompson...he's.....bad....guy.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Thanks. Now I have to listen to Nile for an hour to get that song out of my head. Thanks indeed.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Welcome :thumbsup:

- Everlast

At least he hasn't seen the onion article "Video game violence banned for giant robot shooting spree"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

well it caused a 17 year old giant robot to slay 13 other robots then itself onf Feb 22 2001. The giant robot, a heavily armored highend Zio Matrix AC, became addicated to Armored Core 2 over the previous year. Neighbors described him as Quiet and Sullen. He would play for nine Martian Hours avoiding contact with others his age. Appearently the game had warning signs too...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I bet the robot was taking the resistors out of the recharger-intake, too. Suping-up the 240V (oh, was it US voltage? 110 volt, then) supply ... maybe even hooking directly into the three-phase grid system ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

All this talk of robots is messing with my mind.  I'm getting sudden urges to go on a mass robot killing spree.

Thats cool, just don't go and kill any baby robots. The last thing we need is someone doing things to generate sympathy for them