how many people despire malachor V

Guest The_lone_exile

Yeah, but the Mira/Hanharr scene could have been settled back on Nar Shadaa. It was pointless to have it there. All it did was detract from your goal of finding Kreia. The only reason the droid scene was important because it would explain why Malachor V blows up in the end. And I while you seem to prefer to be able to breeze right through the final level, there are many of us who appreciate the final level to be somewhat challenging. But I stand by what I said: the Star Forge was far superior to Malachor V in every way. Even music. :thumbsup:

Yeah, but the Mira/Hanharr scene could have been settled back on Nar Shadaa.  It was pointless to have it there.  All it did was detract from your goal of finding Kreia.

I think it was made pointless as everyone else's endings got cut, like that Atton/Sion scene and events like that.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

i liked Malachor V it had a haunting feel, returning to what should have been the Exile's grave. And the academy slaughter is all the more effective for me since seeing ROTS where Anakin rampages in the Jedi Temple. Here we have Exile rampaging in the Trayus Academy, reversing everything. And as stated above it shows the power and strength Exile has and has learnt from Kreia.

i liked Malachor V it had a haunting feel, returning to what should have been the Exile's grave. And the academy slaughter is all the more effective for me since seeing ROTS where Anakin rampages in the Jedi Temple. Here we have Exile rampaging in the Trayus Academy, reversing everything. And as stated above it shows the power and strength Exile has and has learnt from Kreia.

Yes! My fellow newb supports me! I did like the paralell it drew from ROTS and the optional Sith Academy slaughter in KOTOR 1. I thought it was about time the Jedi got to do some damage for a change.

I'm going to say that Malachor was fine, until I learned about the cut content.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I liked K1's Star Forge ending because:

- you could bring other party members !!!

- fighting the mass of Malak's followers was difficult

- there was some drama (resolution of Bastila's being turned by Malak)

- the "droid dispenser" fight could make use of more than just combat ability

- the DS/LS endings really were distinct (you were either hero of the Republic or conqueror of the Sith, and acknowledged as such in a cool cinematic)

I disliked it because:

- linear map - but there were choices to make (save Bastila, or kill her, particularly) that had an impact on character development and the end of the game

- they kept on coming

- party management was frustrating

- Malak respawning ten times was just uncalled for

Strangely, the reasons I disliked it were aspects that actually added to the difficulty - and the difficulty was something that I liked.

I liked K2' malachor V ending because:

- workbench allowed me to make final tweaks to equipment

- Sion's fall was fairly well resolved

- visually, it was interesting (not beautiful, but interesting)

I disliked it because:

- everywhere we go, we crash (ok, not everywhere, but no less than four times in the game - Atton must be a really crappy pilot)

- solo adventure

- the storm beasts (including the big one) were pushovers

- very few of the Dark Jedi/Sith encountered provided much more than a minor threat

- linear map, with no choices whatsoever, and unnecessarily difficult to navigate on the surface

- the Bao-Dur/Remote/G0-T0 sequence was wasted time

- the Mira/Hanharr resolution was unnecessary (but could have been a good sequence if there had been some sort of follow through with the others)

- no real resolution regarding the other party members (sure Kreia/Traya tells you their future - which was cool - but I want visuals !!! I didn't spend hours playing the game to read dialog)

- no real resolution between Kreia and the Exile (cryptic b!tch)

- no real resolution regarding the final choice, and what it means to the Exile

- the Exile, Kreia, and Atris were the only ones who knew there was any threat to the galaxy

The reason (IMO) KOTOR ending is better is because it emphasises on Malak. The many cutscenes involving the dark lord really psych you up for the final battle. Because you get to see how darkside he is from the Taris Destruction, Sith Lightening Bastilla etc.

KOTOR2 however doesnt do this that much, i mean Darth Sion is given some credit and i thought his introduction was great and so was his final fight and ending, it was well thought out. But throughout the game the spotlight seems to be on Darth Nihilus who was, crap. Nihilus looks the part he has the whole Sith Lord image, aswell as planet killing powers etc.

But we dont get to see this at all, all we get is Kreia and Visas telling us how powerful he is. Sure he comes to Telos with a Sith fleet, but that doesnt prove his power by this point in the game for me. Ive been told you can kill planets with the force and you come to Telos with a FLEET of warships?.

Had we had some scene where Visas shows you images of her planets destruction through the force, or seen cutscenes of him. Then id have believed the whole, "You arent strong enough to face him yet exile" thing. They needed to have made Nihilus live up to his hype which he failed miserably in doing.

Had the spotlight been on Darth Sion more considering his ending and introduction then yes i would have thought the KOTOR2 ending was better. Also if we had seen the Atton vs Sion fight then that too would have just bolstered Sion's Sith Lordness and total evilness. Because even as a male Atton is always there for you which makes him a good friend or in the case of a female a possible love intrest who has died. Giving that whole "your going to pay for that" feel in your fight with Sion.

Now when we got to Kreia/Traya i was pretty happy, i thought she filled her role better than most of the events in KOTOR2. She was powerful in the force how i had expected her to be and less so with a lightsaber. I thought after you killed her it could have been better, infact after Traya's death the game ending sucks totaly. The bit about you going to follow Revan i did like but they could have shown an ending sequence with everyone around the holoprojector in the Ebon Hawk with Exile explaining what Kreia said.

For he/she is the Exile neither Light or Dark but grey and alone....

thats my take on events in the game and how things should have been, most of it probably wont go down well or be understood by the majority. But oh well what can you do?

- Malak respawning ten times was just uncalled for

You never got force drain did you? It's ironic but the way to make that battle much much shorter is to FD the dead bodies. That way Malak can't do it.

I liked The star forge mainly because I felt like I had a reason to be there. And because my opponents showed some sembalance of order (they followed Malaks orders to the letter) The droids on the Star Forge are easy because Destroy droid was a one hit kill at that point. The humans were another probem.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

For he/she is the Exile neither Light or Dark but grey and alone....

Try telling that to my Jedi Master exile with LS Mastery. ;)"

That's another thing I disliked about K2. No matter what you did or how extreme your alignment was, it tried to make you into a gray Jedi. Even in the end Kreia says "you are not a Jedi, and for that I love you...blah blah blah" I thought that was just wrong.

That's even more absurd considering they introduced prestige classes based on alignment. In K1, if you were either LS or DS, you knew it. In K2, they made it seam as if there was no difference between the two. I don't have a problem with the game being gray, I thought it was a tad too gray.

In the end of K1, the endings were radically different. In K2, the only difference you see is if a planet blows up or not. You'd think they'd be a little more creative than that.

That's another thing I disliked about K2.  No matter what you did or how extreme your alignment was, it tried to make you into a gray Jedi.  Even in the end Kreia says "you are not a Jedi, and for that I love you...blah blah blah"  I thought that was just wrong. 

I don't think Kreia was talking about your alignment and where you stood morally (LS or DS), but rather whether you followed the strict code of the Jedi or the teachings of the Sith. In a sense she's right, since the Jedi masters never accepted you and even wanted to cut you off from the Force, and the Sith just wanted to hunt you down and kill you.

I see the Exile more as Jolee, who was "gray" and abandonned the Jedi order not because he wasn't ethical or moral enough, but because he rejected their rigid order and questioned their teachings and misplaced sympathy. I'd say Jolee is very ethical, and if he seems gray, it's only because he carries a burden of guilt for what happened with his wife.

• 1 month later...

The Star Forge is challenging as you have to keep your party alive. Malachor V is challenging as you are by yourself.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Not reall, there are a LOT more enemies on the SF

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

And how about those storm beasts? I mean other than looking like they'd been beaten with ugly stick they were rather... pathetic when it comes to damage

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

The star forge is superior to Malachor V. No matter what you say.

1st- W-A-R. Malachor didn't have the awesome, totally breathtaking cinematics while the star forge had it all. (Telos should have had a battle like that. like in another post: bring the wars back to star wars)

2nd-Not chalenging enough compared to the star forge.

3rd- the star forge did NOT have ridiculous scenes where the bad guys bow down before you while they are supposed to KILL YOU! And Kreia killing the sith assasins in one shot is not impressing, it's CHEAP.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The Greater Storm beast was always a problem for those who did not have either enough force powers to back up their character or simply not enough feats to boot against this boss.

If you were planning to use a sentinel with a watchman class, a character would be almost headed for suicide unless you backed up your PC with high strength. I personally would not try blasters. Best thing against these types of monsters, in my opinion, is power strike at master level, keened single lightsabers, a pair of dominator gauntlets, a GNS strength enhancer, Ossus Keeper's robes, and an implant that protected against critical hits at the very least.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I had a sentinel/watchman. I tore through that beast though I did have dominator gauntlets and gns strength enhancer. no master power attack or implant against criticals since my base constitution was at ten I just relied on my ls mastery. no ossus keepers' robe either, just matukai adept robe. I used a double-bladed lightsaber with the best crystals and upgrades cause of my uber high skills.