Declaration of Revocation

Lucius

Hey, my first post wa son topic but others who didn't like my comments drgaged it off course...

Anyways, like I said, the article itself is humours in parts; but some people who are bigots will use it as 'fact' when arguing against the 'evils' of Amerikans.

:blink:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sorry, Mr. Mod, sir.

Personally, I believe we Americans are the greatest single culture/race of super beings, in the entire known world.

...at failing ourselves and those around us.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Can someone tell me what any of this has to do with Cleese?  At least the American baiting is related to the treatise, although it seems he meant the work to be humorous rather than biting.  This whole business now is related to nothing.  Let's try to keep it on track.

Eldar, old chap. Some might call it derailing, but I prefer to think of it as the natural evolution of an Off-Topic thread. I mean, isnt it a bit prepostrous of us to expect threads to stay On-Topic in Off-Topic?

As long as it doesnt get out of hand.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

That's what you think! ...But what about Cleese and his warm beer? huh? If he can't convince Americans to drink warm beer, then what use is this thread? Ah, see what I mean?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Honestly, how anyone can take offense at Cleese's comments is beyond me. The whole thing is so wonderfully absurd to me that it's a pure joy to read. But then again, I'm a Python-fan, and absurdity is what Pythonesque humor is all about.

I love that he says there will be a questionnaire to see whether anyone noticed the change :p

Gee, now I'm thinking back to all the American/English bashing in "A Fish Called Wanda"...

Otto: "You know what the problem is with you English? You don't like winners..."

Leach: "Winners?"

Otto: "Yes. Winners!"

Leach: "Winners like... North Vietnam?"

Otto: "SHUT UP!! We did NOT lose Vietnam - it was a tie!!"

Hilarious... I recommend the film. And don't think it's all America bashing - there's plenty that goes the other way too ;)

EDIT: But I'd agree with Mr. Cleese about point 15 - it's driving me crazy too =]

This thread sucks donkey balls. Though you get some slack because of the Wanda-quote.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh, typo. You get cut of some slack. Sorry.

I love that movie. Especially the Otto scenes. And the concrete parts. ;)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

you know, it is gonna be kinda fun to watch how things change over the next 25-50 years. one wonders how euro envy of america's world power status will change as china slowly begins to dominate the globe economically and culturally.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Give China credit for its gross incompetence. They've managed to burden themselves with stupid decisions in the past. They might have it in them to do it again.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Give China credit for its gross incompetence.  They've managed to burden themselves with stupid decisions in the past.  They might have it in them to do it again.

am counting on the stupidity and incompetence in our guesstimate... otherwise, we woulda' said 10-15 years.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

you know, it is gonna be kinda fun to watch how things change over the next 25-50 years.  one wonders how euro envy of america's world power status will change as china slowly begins to dominate the globe economically and culturally. 

HA! Good Fun!

What happened when Russia became a superpower?

besides that scenario, while possible, isn't NEARLY as probable as the scared masses seem to believe.

'Cos of dem damn dirty commies.

kirottu said:

Give China credit for its gross incompetence.  They've managed to burden themselves with stupid decisions in the past.  They might have it in them to do it again.

Yeah. The great thing about the future is that nobody can predict it accurately - not even Volurn.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.