Romances in RPGs

alanschu

I have to point out that in LOTR the third age they have several instances of chars kissing. only problem is that everytime you change the model (ie you put on a new set of armor, or in this case helmets) the game goes by the "nude" or origional model so you have clipping problems with helms

But they have a nice elf chick

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Artists.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I assume we are talking about 'heroic romance' in the same way that the fighting is heroic fighting. Real romance would be too weird.

Hero: "Aha, a good thing I just saved you from being hit by that sniper."

Love-interest: "Why do you never take me out to the theatre?"

Hero: "I must pack swiftly and take ship for South America, where the Nazis await me in their secret lair."

Love-interest: "No. We are NOT missing my parents dinner next Thursday. You do this kind of thing just to annoy me."

Hero: "I bought you some flowers. I thought we could go to dinner and the theatre with your parents this evening."

Love-interest: *bursts into tears*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Further example:

Hero: "At last! The fabled +10 armour of Zingabund. Worn by Zingabund the Mighty, and giving me the ability to strike any creature dead with a single blow."

Love-interest: "*sigh* I think you should wear these purple stockings and velvet jerkin of Clein."

Hero: "But that has a negative armour value, and incites a berzerker rage in orc-kind and dwarves."

Love-interest: "I think you look handsome and _manly_ in it."

Hero: "Righto. Jerkin it is."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"I am Konam, King of the World, Emperor of all I survey!"

"Konam! Have you had the sacred sanctum cleared out for my parents to stay?"

"Yes dear."

"Does my bum look big in this?"

"?!*"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

*bows*

-Elwood Blues

Men would rather smash their head into a brick wall than answer that question.

Say no, and they're all just like "oo, you're just being nice...I dunno, it looks a little big...hmmmmm" and if you say yes, well, enjoy the dog house.

Don't answer with the phrase, "Oh honey, I like some junk in the trunk!"

This is the honest current state of romance in RPGs (games that win 9.9/10 reviews mind you).

Furious Ming: I love you.

Dawn Star: Perhaps we should talk about this later when you hit arbitrary experience level or plot point.

Ming: But we've known each other our whole lives and we obviously have a thing for each other.

Dawn: I dunno. Can I get back to you?

Ming: The Princess is way hotter and flirty. Why should I wait around for this?

Dawn: At some point in the game I promise we'll eventually talk about this.

Ming: Well we're 95% through the game.

Dawn: In that case, with no real reason to warrant my change of attitude I now love you back.

Ming: Can I steal a kiss.

Dawn: Since we'll likely die tomorrow, yes, but you're still sleeping alone.

Furious Ming: I love you.

Dawn Star: Perhaps we should talk about this later when you hit arbitrary experience level or plot point.

Ming: But we've known each other our whole lives and we obviously have a thing for each other.

Dawn: I dunno.  Can I get back to you?

Ming: The Princess is way hotter and flirty.  Why should I wait around for this?

Dawn: At some point in the game I promise we'll eventually talk about this.

Ming: Well we're 95% through the game.

Dawn: In that case, with no real reason to warrant my change of attitude I now love you back.

Ming: Can I steal a kiss.

Dawn: Since we'll likely die tomorrow, yes, but you're still sleeping alone.

That's so romantic!!1! *sniff*

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"I am Konam, King of the World, Emperor of all I survey!"

"Konam! Have you had the sacred sanctum cleared out for my parents to stay?"

"Yes dear."

"Does my bum look big in this?"

"?!*"

Hire's band to play Baby got Back

Bend over baby and take some back door lovin'.

Oh that's sooooooo romantic handsome.

Well I didn't mention but not only will it be me doing you, so will my boys who are lining up.

Is that you with a strap-on talking to male, or your impression of a male talking to his love interest ...

(*Remembers a recent legal case in Greece, where a marriage was anulled before it took place, when the Bridegroom was caught in bed with the Best Man on the night before the wedding, by the Bride.*)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That's one way to ensure the best man has some embarassing stories for the reception, I suppose!

-Elwood Blues

Maybe Narcissus legend alludes to the idea that homosexuality might drift into self-loving? I dunno.

Here's an idea. What if you allowed for several good romances, and your character didn't get to choose which way they swung?

Muahahahaha :lol:

-Elwood Blues

the greeks wern't the only ones to accept homosexuality. Japan did too, Ranmaru Mori and Nobunaga Oda were lovers. Mori was a retainer for the Oda clan and was attached to Nobunaga. To have a male lover was to be twice as manly in japan in the 1500's. I suppose you could link this to the romance thing because they were both in Onumuhsa 3 and Samurai Warrior.