An example of good armour...

Lucius

I had a feeling it was a Dragunov Sniper rifle, I guess that can explain why they didn't go onto automatic fire or had time to relocate the rifle.

A Dragunov at that range and they still didnt hit?! :blink: your average yearold could do the wilhelm tell trick at twice that range with that rifle..

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I had a feeling it was a Dragunov Sniper rifle, I guess that can explain why they didn't go onto automatic fire or had time to relocate the rifle.

A Dragunov at that range and they still didnt hit?! :blink: your average yearold could do the wilhelm tell trick at twice that range with that rifle..

Well they hit, but as you can see the guy just got back up. But Dragunov being a sniper rifle, perhaps aiming for the head would have proved more efficient. Thankfully, extremists aren't that bright... or just really crappy shots. :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

A Dragunov at that range and they still didnt hit?! :lol: your average yearold could do the wilhelm tell trick at twice that range with that rifle..

Well they hit, but as you can see the guy just got back up. But Dragunov being a sniper rifle, perhaps aiming for the head would have proved more efficient. Thankfully, extremists aren't that bright... or just really crappy shots. :D

Wouldn't a sniper rifle likely have a better chance at scoring a hit at that range through armor than most other small arms?

I bet you already seen this video, but anyways, this is for you my pro-US friends:

Falluja

And pay attention to the breathing of the US F-16 pilot, sounds familiar :p"

Nice :p

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I bet you already seen this video, but anyways, this is for you my pro-US friends:

Falluja

And pay attention to the breathing of the US F-16 pilot, sounds familiar :shifty:"

Was that a copy of the Death Star Trench Run? ;)

Not yet, give GL an iteration to update the effects one more time ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Check out this video, it's a Bush war on terror parody.... :):):)

The video

NOTE: I'm not trying to promote any anti - US sentiment with this video so don't flame, I'm only having a laugh on the expense of Bush and his policy. The only thing I agree on this video is the pacifist message for a better tomorrow..... :-

I read somewhere that any rifle of heavier calibre than 7.62x51 should be fitted with a muzzle/recoil-break. Apprently, those guys decided to try it straight-up :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That poor sod was obviously one of the few lucky US soldiers equipped with Level IV protection. I guess it was a gift from his grandma or something. :ermm:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That's just the problem - remember when D.Rumsfeld was trashed with questions by US soldiers in Iraq, most of the US troops in Iraq are not properly equiped. The guys from the pentagon were telling that to mr.Bush but he didn't want to hear about it. Because of that, many of the soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan are forced to buy themselves more adequate gear like that lucky soldier on the video apperantly.

Well we don't actually see anything other than an explosion and a lot of dust, or any signs of penetration. If they really had blown it up, I'm sure they would've been crawling all over it pulling out dead crewmembers and stuff, executing those still alive. You know, the usual stuff they do to give praise to Allah.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

They had to run as hell because there was an another US patrol near by.

And in the report of the US army it says that in the attack one soldier was criticly injured and later died, three other wounded and the tank wasn't excatly blown away but it was damaged beyond repair.

ACTION UPON ENCOUNTERING A SNAKE - The Differential Theory:-

1. Infantry: Snake smells them, leaves area.

2. Airborne: Lands on and kills the snake.

3. Armour: Runs over snake, laughs, and looks for more snakes.

4. Aviation: Has Global Positioning Satellite co-ordinates to snake. Can't find snake. returns to base for refuel, crew rest and manicure.

5. Commando: Plays with snake, then eats it.

6. Field Artillery: Kills snake with massive Time-On-Target barrage with three regiments in support. Kills several hundred civilians as unavoidable collateral damage. Mission is considered a success and all participants (i.e., cooks, mechanics and clerks) are awarded service medals.

7. Special Forces: Makes contact with snake, ignores all Department of Foreign Affairs directives and Theatre Commander Rules of Engagement by building rapport with snake and winning its heart and mind. Trains it to kill other snakes. Files enormous travel settlement upon return.

8. Combat Engineer: Studies snake. Prepares in-depth doctrinal thesis in obscure 5 series Field Manual about how to defeat snake using counter mobility assets. Complains that manoeuvre forces don't understand how to properly conduct doctrinal counter-snake ops.

9. Navy Landing Party: Expends all ammunition and calls for naval gunfire support in failed attempt to kill snake. Snake bites sailors and retreats to safety. Hollywood makes fantasy film in which US Navy SEALS kill religious extremist snakes.

10. Navy: Fires missiles from various types of ships, kills snake and makes presentation to Senate Appropriations Committee on how Naval forces are the most cost-effective means of anti-snake force projection.

11. SASR: Kills snake by accident while looking for souvenirs. Local civilians demand removal of all defence forces from Area of Operations.

12. Cavalry: Follows snake, gets lost, buys sunglasses.

13. Air Battle Controllers: Guides snake elsewhere.

14. Combat Medics: Wounds snake in initial encounter, then works feverishly to save snake's life.

15. Ordnance: (NOTICE: Your anti-snake equipment is on backorder.)

16. Transport pilot: Receives call for anti-snake equipment, delivers two weeks after due date.

17. Macchi pilot: Misidentifies snake as enemy Mil-24 Hind helicopter and engages with missiles. Crew chief paints snake kill on aircraft.

18. F/A-18 pilot: Finds snake, drops two CBU-87 cluster bombs, and misses snake target, but get direct hit on Chinese Embassy 100 Km East of snake due to weather (Too Hot also Too Cold, Was Clear but too overcast, Too dry with Rain, Unlimited ceiling with low cloud cover etc.) Claims that purchasing multimillion dollar, high-tech snake-killing device will enable it in the future to kill all snakes and achieve a revolution in military affairs.

19. AH-64 Apache pilot: Unable to locate snake, snakes don't show well on infra-red. Infra-red only operable in desert Areas of Operations without power lines or SAMs.

20. UH-60 Blackhawk pilot: Finds snake on fourth pass after snake builds bonfire, pops smoke, lays out VS 17 to mark Landing Zone. Rotor wash blows snake into fire.

21. F-111 pilot: Pulls ARCLIGHT mission on snake, kills snake and every other living thing within two miles of target.

22. Medium gun crew: Lays in target co-ordinates to snake in 20 seconds, but can't receive authorization from Air Traffic

Control to use high-trajectory weapons.

23. Intelligence officer: Snake? What snake? Only four of 35 indicators of snake activity are currently active. We assess the potential for snake activity as LOW.

24. Legal Corps: Snake declines to bite, citing grounds of professional courtesy.

25. Construction Engineers: Build pub, gut and stuff snake, mount over bar, name pub "The Snakepit".

26. Petroleum Handlers: Catch snake, introduce free snake with every full tank promotion.

27. Military Police: Wait for somebody else to capture snake, beat up snake, deny responsibility.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Much as I'd like to, let's not turn this into another USA debate.

These videos are cranked out all over the place. We didn't have to seize the video. It probably just turned up on one of the Islamist websites and was picked up by surveillance.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

WARNING - pretty graphic pictures - not reccomended for everybody.......

Thanks, I'll give it a miss, then.

I'm curious - where do you find these things? Do the terrorist websites tend to show more videos of American soldiers being killed, or Iraqi civilians being killed? Which do they see as more effective in recruitment, injustice or pure hatred? There's a debate going on in the UK at the moment about whether the deaths of Muslim civilians in Iraq is actually a cause of terrorist actions, or merely a justification offered by terrorists who in fact would carry out terrorist actions anyway.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Thanks, I'll give it a miss, then.

I'm curious - where do you find these things? 

I don't go to terrorist websites Steve unless you think that Al Jazeera is a terrorist organization, you can find those videos everywhere, on websites of Arab TV channels like the one above, on independent websites featuring violent and sick videos like the www.ogrish.com and you can even see various war videos on some US sponsored websites.......

Do the terrorist websites tend to show more videos of American soldiers being killed, or Iraqi civilians being killed?

About your question, when going to anti-war sites that feature those videos the most common are the ones showing Iraqi civilians being killed, then anti-Bush videos and finally the insurgents propaganda video.

Which do they see as more effective in recruitment, injustice or pure hatred?

I don't know Steve you'll have to ask them for yourself, when you do please let me know, if you make it out alive :sorcerer:"

---------------------------------------

I don't go to terrorist websites Steve unless you think that Al Jazeera is a terrorist organization...

I don't, and I guess I never thought about it before. I've been to the Al Jazeera site several times, but never really looked for videos. I'll investigate.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I don't go to terrorist websites Steve unless you think that Al Jazeera is a terrorist organization...

I don't, and I guess I never thought about it before. I've been to the Al Jazeera site several times, but never really looked for videos. I'll investigate.

You won't find them on the offical Al Jazeera website, but on various ones believed to be sponosored by many Arab news channels that have a purpous of showing the entire picture of the Iraq conflict - not to encourage the terrorists or sponsor them. I can give you the link if you want....