The Best of E3

I challenge you to play the demo and the first couple of levels: give it half an hour. If you don't end up playing it until you collapse ...

.... then you're obviously do not have as addictive a personality disrder as me ..

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just read over the FAQ of Aftershock looks like they have made some improvements. Actually being able to enter buildings and climb is a big plus.

My machine can still run it at top specs too

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I challenge you to play the demo and the first couple of levels: give it half an hour. If you don't end up playing it until you collapse ...

.... then you're obviously do not have as addictive a personality disrder as me ..

I'm not disbelieving it's addcitiveness or value. But comparing it and Rebelsta(Raiders) is...mindnumbing. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Grrrr.......whats with the lack of Black and White 2 in the list??? huh?

IMO that was the best game at E3 apart from the game crash at the interview :"> , but then again have been waiting for 4 years for this game <_< :o

Alan Wake

Elder Scrolls IV

Fahrenheit

F.E.A.R.

Gothic 3

Hellgate: London

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Neverwinter Nights 2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

The Movies

These titles are kind of interesting. Some more than others.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No if it's awesome. :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Adding custom content would be interesting then.

kirottu said:

Concept art speaks volumes of how a game might turn out. It's hardly irrelevent in development phase.

kirottu said:

Bad example, but I'll do it anyway...

These are some of the pieces I found:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwinter...ex.html?page=29

Considering how NWN turned out and what those pieces try to convey; I see your point. But look at the concept art of BG for example: areas, models, gear, storyboard; you can see what the general feel of and sights of the game might be. As not a whole lot of NWN concept art where given to public and therefore you can't really make a call for it's relevancy. But that doesn't really matter; when I see concept art, and I mean real art; not sketches of models; I either get a fix of of the feel of the game, an estimation how the atmoshphere might play out to be; or if the art is really bad it leaves me with foreboding "This is the stuff they're gonna base a game on? oh, shucks...-feel. To me; art is relevant, but only before the game is out, after that it becomes useless eye candy.

kirottu said:

There are plenty of examples where concept art shows what kind of style the final game is going to have. I agree that it's definitely not as fulfilling as seeing real in-game screenshots, but you can still get a pretty good glimpse at what the designers are going for.

Gothic 2 concept art examples:

A dragonhunter (not as detailed in-game, but still very close):

dragonhunter_hard.jpg

A holy paladin (very much like the one found in-game):

paladinheroart.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Concept art is irrelevant.

Yeah, I originally thought there was some substance to the hype, but when I opened the DVD that was all there was ... I think this was noted by a few others elsewhere ...

Anyway, here is the latest Gamespy Call of Cthullhu review. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

They are. Nothing you purists can say will change that.

Not really. It's more like a bunch of smart devs trying to take advantage of the X-Com franchise with their UFO wannabe products.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What's the problem? The game concept is the same; gameplay is roughly the same. What gives?

kirottu said:

Well, the game concept is not exactly the same, it's only similar. Artwork is quite different, too. And the mission/combat part of the game sucks horribly due to pacing, controls, camera/perspective layout and unbalanced difficulty. Not to mention the absurdly retarded AI.

Other than that, it's OK.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You better believe it. In fact it's one of the few games I have ever uninstalled without beating it. I had to do so based on the realization that I could become effectively addicted to such a level of suckage.