Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 1 (OBS-1)

Agenzia Giornalistica Italia, Ottobre 1, 1902

Archduke Aishur Shot Dead!

by Luigi the Chef

Archdukeassassination.jpg

Mayham and destruction besieged the remnants of the Ottomon forces, and an empire toppled. In a last gasp attempt to flee the humiliation at Greece, the now deceased Archduke tried his earnest to escape the inevitable slaughter - but to no avail. Italian forces persued Archduke Aishur tirelesslously until one Italian covert operative was able to penetrate the Archduke's inner circle. The Italian commando - codenamed "Snake" - then proceeded to gun him down shamlessly along with his pregnant wife. Italian infantly later encicled the area killing or capturing the remaining Ottoman insurgents.

"At last Archduke Aishur's moustache toting reign of terror is at at end," stated Lord Jaguar. "The former tyrannical regime of Austria-Hungary shall hence forth be known as Russko-Italia; where vodka-linguine will hold dominion over all."

The captured prisoners are scheduled to be transported to Kaiser Kaftan's infamous concentration camps.

manthing2.jpg

Its already friday?!! Oh, dear it is! Ive been so caught up in the Vampire game that I forgot all about this :thumbsup:

Oh, well.. its "three strikes and then your out" right?

I did send them just a few min ago. I guess its up to Reveilled, but a time limit is a time limit.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Damn it. I knew I forgot something. I suggest we go back to the old schedule, considering other games in which we might be involved.

Edit: Actually, it doesnt really concern me anymore. With the knowledge that I am utterly and irrevocably f***ed (My only option is to move into France with a 1/3 chance of success [less considering standoffs] and build a new unit this winter. However, Baley could easily block any move into France and even if I was successful, I wouldnt be able to regain London until next year, if at all.), I see no choice but to withdraw from the game. Good luck to you all.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

But the old schedule had adjudication on Friday 1200 UTC too :blink:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Actually, since Winter ended on Monday, Spring would have adjudication next Monday at 1200 UTC.

Also, I have a rather good excuse for my lapse this turn. It is my birthday tomorrow and I have been preparing. Moreover, I was engrossed in the VtM game.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

bill1.jpg

I feel your pain.

:blink:"

Damn it. I knew I forgot something. I suggest we go back to the old schedule, considering other games in which we might be involved.

Edit: Actually, it doesnt really concern me anymore. With the knowledge that I am utterly and irrevocably f***ed (My only option is to move into France with a 1/3 chance of success [less considering standoffs] and build a new unit this winter. However, Baley could easily block any move into France and even if I was successful, I wouldnt be able to regain London until next year, if at all.), I see no choice but to withdraw from the game. Good luck to you all.

Oh, come on. You shouldn't just withdraw cause things aren't going so well. You have a 50/50 chance of taking an Iberian centre. Worst comes to the worst, you get eliminated, but at least see things through. Please?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Atleast capitulation adds a flavour of realism? The game is constructed so that you know you'll hit the dust several turns before it actually happens, so I can understand Archie.

Atleast capitulation adds a flavour of realism?  The game is constructed so that you know you'll hit the dust several turns before it actually happens, so I can understand Archie.

Well, in actual postal games, a deposit is usually required such that if you stop submitting moves before you are actually eliminated, then you lose your deposit. We don't do that, obviously, so I can only ask that people see their country through to its end. A player fighting a determined opponent will have a far harder time of it than a player fighting someone who just gives up, and it's not really fair on the other players if the person who makes the attack gets a free lunch when by rights they shouldn't.

Come on, Archie! Fight them on the beaches! Fight them on the landing grounds! Fight them in the fields and streets! Never Surrender!

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!