Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

well one would certainly hope so considering everything that we have bitched about on this forums since ive joined

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Bioware has made the decision that even if they were able to make the game, they don't want to. I'm sure working on Jade Empire was more rewarding than working on KOTOR, and had less restrictions.

OE has openly said they would like to make KOTOR:3, but that decision lies with LucasArts.

i wonder if lucas will be more amiable about time constraints this time...

... Or, they might be fulfilling the last part of their development contract for K2 by collecting and collating all the feedback from the game and sending it (in a summarised form) to LA.

It's a lovely thought: LucasArts executives wading through pages and pages of our helpful/not so helpful comments about Kotor 2 and suggestions for Kotor 3. The ultimate revenge - plus while they're busy doing that, they can't interfere with the developers working on LucasArts games. Everybody wins! :(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I never said that LA execs would actually read our suggestions, just that, as part of their contract, OE were collecting our views on LA's behalf. On current form, I'd expect them to be "stored" in that little box-like thing conveniently placed under the desk ... :("

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Seems unlikely especially in light of the forums nearly being closed down.

I doubt publishers ever really want to wade through feedback.

These forums seemed to be a place for feedback for the developers, and even now the developers seem to be chatting with us, but now they are on the Bioware boards.

I wasn't too happy about that move, and before New Jersey started, there didn't seem to be a need for these boards anymore.

Seems unlikely especially in light of the forums nearly being closed down.

I'm sure LA and OE are taking copious notes of the terrifically useful fan ideas. :rolleyes:

The best one can hope for is that some of the dribble being posted is actually read before the mods archive it to oblivion. Then at least, anything worthwhile and novel, will be kept alive in meme form for any future developments.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think that there should be a new enemy it appears to me that the exile died but the game said nothing about Revan dying. I think that it should be the second Mandalorian war because they make a good enemy. You can also add sith because they would be taking their chance and attacking the Republic at its weakest. With several missing Republic Generals (including Revan?) missing your character has to find them. The republic could not do this because this time the Mandalorians have attacked the Major planets and are hacking into all transmissions. Being attacked by both the sith and the Mandalorians the Republic has no other choice but to send you with a small party to rally the generals from the outer rim and beyond to gather their armies and fight the new threat. Or something along those lines the plot is probably a bit sketchy but just a rough thought.

New features should include the ability to kill random people just to get the darkside points up.

An open end is needed for example in KotOR2 instead of having to kill Kreia you should be able to join her this will mean you will need to have an alternative boss but that will do. Also bosses are tedious in KotOR 2 killing them once is enough dont make it last too long and possibly more party members would be good and more mini games

"I doubt publishers ever really want to wade through feedback." I think you will find they do because they need market research as does any company no difference

With several missing Republic Generals (including Revan?) missing your character has to find them. ...

New features should include the ability to kill random people just to get the darkside points up.

"I doubt publishers ever really want to wade through feedback." I think you will find they do because they need market research as does any company no difference

1. No, I would rather not have "collect four missing Jedi/generals/water melons" missions. Why can't there be, say, four goals, but not all the same thing? A general from that planet, a Jedi Master from the next planet, a water melon from the other, etc.

2. Yep, I like that. But I would also like the feature that if you do not engage in non-lethal combat and kill someone, you get DS points.

3. Companies need feedback; it behooves them to read it; I doubt whether LA is going to ever see this stuff, though. >_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

To OE:

"The Exile is Revan" would be the best newbie. One final memory lapse/recovery at the beginning of kotor3 for rebuilding levels from knight/master ranking. There is no information or point of view revealed in kotor2 that can't be overturned with some creative propaganda(example: tampering w/his mind in kotor caused a split personality where E perceived R as someone else in kotor2 like in "fight club"). I think we need closure for them both, and it would be easier for the devs to make this as a revelation after malachor(which goes great w/the abrupt ending) instead of having to create situations, storylines, dialogue trees, etc... where you have to be able to choose R and E as good, as evil, 1 good 1 evil, etc...

Please keep HK, T3, Bastila, Mira, Mandalore, and Dustil. I would rather see a few characters with lots of interaction and sidequests rather than a bunch with little or no substance behind them. Just 2 droids, 2 women, and 2 men, 3 in each party including "Rexile or Exvan," lol.

"The Exile is Revan" would be the best newbie. One final memory lapse/recovery at the beginning of kotor3 for rebuilding levels from knight/master ranking.

I don't mind starting as Revan or the Exile from level one weakling-ness, but not another memory loss, please?

One or two cameos from Kotor 1, one or two from Kotor 2, but not more. Make a fresh start. Unless you're going to start Kotor 3 as the Exile from the moment the Ebon Hawk leaves Malachor, which would also be fine.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Here is a suggestion. Let the series die.
I was just about to suggest that. At least, I knew your post before you finished it. :-

Companies need feedback; it behooves them to read it; I doubt whether LA is going to ever see this stuff, though. ;)
Doubt? I'm pretty certain that they won't. :D

Instead of having four distinct goals, wouldn't it be cool if they had four goals but intertwined them with all of the avaible planets o it wouldn't be like, well knock 1 planet off, forget about it, on to the next.

... Or a superset of 24 large goals, and each game randomly choose 12 possible and a minimum (of whatever the critical path is between those goals, which could be as little as a couple); these goals would be randomly assigned to difficult areas to reach: Korriban (for example purposes only) defeat hordes, get there, maybe there is a crystal/Jedi Master/widget/map shard/green doohickey/written clue/etc and maybe THERE AIN'T. Have a two dozen worlds, so there is lots to discover, but if you choose to go straight to the "end boss" you can ... and die more often ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

NOW THIS IS SUGGESTIONS FOR KOTOR3 THAT I HAVE THOUGHT OUT. NOW IT LOOKS LONG BUT IF YOU ARE YOU WANT KOTOR3 TO BE AWESOME THEN YOU SHOULD READ AND ADD YOUR OUN. THIS IS MAINLY FOR THE CREATERS OF KOTOR3 BUT ANYONE MAY READ.

1. MMORPG ( some ppl might not like it, but HONESTLY the replay value would never stop ). You could pick between Sith-Jedi-Freelance WHATEVER! The highest level sith would be Sith Lords, and Highestlevel Jedi could be on a Jedi Council. I am sure that a MMORPG for Kotor would be the biggest thing in gaming HISTORY. I mean look at world of warcraft. One game that is just amazing! The gaming bus. already shows that MMORPGs( when made right ) are untopable. Now the downside to this is tiem in making the game. To make a GREAT storyline and a GREAT MMORPG would take more than a year or 2. But the reward would be more than enough. Your talking about Lucasarts, and Obsidian being known for making the best MMORPG in the world! To be a successful gaming bus. you need 2 be patient. That means NO rushing a game, and no overlooking little things. I know Lucasarts will tell when they want the game 2 be released, but barter as much as you can. I mean who is honestly making the game here?

2. GRAPHICS IS A MUST. ok now its a no doubt that the game will be made 2 be amazing because of XBOX360. But Honestly push it to the max. Make sure that people will say "Hey have you seen kotor3" "YEA, ITS AMAZING LOOKING". I dont have doubts that Obsidian will do their job on this

3. EXTRAS IN GAMEPLAY ( read all ). Now here is something that is a major need. Now look at Fable-Story lacked, but the Extras kept the game going. I mean you get scars, you can get tat's, and people act differently to your alignment. This is where Kotor3 can over pass the next Fable game. By making your character be able to get different hair, and being able to eat, and time and day changes, and AGE PROGRESSION. People actually do things. Or just lil things like that can be a OVERALL greater game. Ok now other extras i had in mind had 2 do with apprentices. Now im preety sure that Obsidian will do a better job on this, but honestly it needs 2 be pushed 2 MAX. What was a upset 2 me in Kotor2 was that from the begining of playing a StarWars game i wanted 2 be a Master and have an Apprentice. Now Obsidian did try to do this, but all you have to do is take a look at the movies and take examples from them. I mean when you get an Dark Jedi apprentice in Kotor3 they didnt change the way they acted AT ALL. I mean when i had handmaiden as an Dark Jedi apprentice she still got mad if i killed an innocent. That stuff jsut cant happen. I mean they didnt even change their dialog. No "yes master" or anything. A apprentice should be so defensive of their Master its freaky. They should bow, and show their respect. They should start 2 learn. You didnt rlly train ur apprentices in kotor3, all you got was extra dialog. And for some reason just from a simple convo they become your apprentice straight off. Their needs 2 be research on this, and i know if Obsidian packed down on this one thing it will make a HUGE difference. Now you need 2 have something where anybody can become your apprentice ( i know that might be tough, but just think it through ). That means that if say someone at a Sith Temple rejects someone for training than you take him for your own. This needs 2 be thought out 2 the max. I cant waste this much time on just this one thing, but apprentices NEED to be apprentices.

Lightsaber Hilts- basicly enough said. But this needs 2 be unlimited amounts. I know they prob wont do the unlimited, but there needs 2 be customized hilts 2 the max. Where you will rarely see someone with the same hilt.

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED- ok now there needs 2 be more training grounds for Sith and Jedi. Like Academy's, BUT the story needs 2 be so long that people can graduate and new ones are added DURING your time of play. Or not just graduate, but be sent to a different Academy. Say that you are a working to be Sith, and you enter an Academy and you are exp. enough and the Masters of the Academy wlould like you to take on a couple apprentices and train them as your own. Now that would be amazing. BUT you get to choose who to take! Not just they throw you anyone. You could pick the goodie goodie jedi apprentice, but you start to work on him and eventually he is an EVIL SITH! That would make any kid just smile that a game went this far to do this. Now like i was saying before this needs 2 progress. Like say you come back to the Academy to either drop off you apprentices and pick up new ones, or keep the one you had or STILL get a new one. In the end you could be training Elite Sith, or Jedi. BUT remember that students should graduate. So you come back one time and some kids arent there and new ones are.

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED#2- Looks should also progress. Now it shouldnt just be if your evil then you get Pale Wrinkly skin. I mean common i wanna be a sith, but i dont want 2 be ugly. Look at anakin. He looked angry all they time. In Fable if your guy was bad, then darnit he was bad. He would frown and look angery all the time. It shouldnt be that if your in a heated argument with someone all you guys do is shake your fist and then when its his time to talk all you do is nod your head and look away. Comon that is seld explainitory

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED#3- Robes....duh. Now we arent just talking about making the hoods come up ( WHICH IS A MUST ). It means that we should be able to take them off like in the movies. Look at Darth Mauls robe. Now when i saw the door open and i saw him look up slowly and i saw those evil eyes THATS how i want my guy 2 look. Like when anakin was leaving a room in Episode 3 and he turned his head and you saw those evil eyes under the hood SIMPLY AMAZING! Or when he is standing near the railing and looking out to the volcanos he looked like that he was in constant pain ( THIS ALSO WILL BE BROUGHT UP IN THESE SUGGESTIONS ). And his body stance was just awesome. Everything from his sleeves to his shoes needs 2 be rendered to look like the movies.

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED#3- Now this kinda has to do with the story, but look how anakin turned to the Darkside. It was a major event in his life. There should be something like this in Kotor3. Where its SO big that you can see tears and stuff like Anakin. I mean after watching the starwars movies it kinda felt like Kotor2 wasnt a true star wars story plot. Not to diss on the game tho. I loved it, but it could have been better, but now there is a new fresh start, and a whole new graphics engine.

STORY CHOICES- OK now honestly not everyone is gonna wanna be Revan or Exile. Some people who play this game ( lets say cause there friend says its awesome ) may have never played kotor 1 and 2. And for people to appreciate Revan or Exile is gonna have to know their past. And even down to lil things which they would have 2 play. So i dont rlly think you should be able to be Revan or Exile. There are good sides and down sides to it tho. I mean all the work you did in the last game doesnt rlly effect it. BUT the story would prob be better if you were someone new.

--------

here is something i have come up with

Kotor1- better story

Kotor2- better extras( WHICH IS ALOT )

The key to this game is gonna be story!

now i have alot more suggestions but i went blank when i took a break for 30 minutes, but ill post sometime soon about the others.

The game should involve more than just human to pick from as a race. you should be able to be bothan, zabrak, rodian, mon calamari ect. and even pick your your class. so you can be scoundral, jedi gardian, dark lord, and any other class in the d20 starwars game. and even go extream.. example: jedi the hut.

and a special npc maker to create your npcs in your party at a certain time somehow. like compuyter searches of some kind at certain times that change the story line for a more indept play. and mabye even having a house in the game thats on a special planet.

EXACTLY

i think a mmo would ruin the stigma of Kotor. After Kotor 2 there are very few jedi and if you were to make it a MMO EVERYBODY is a jedi. The entire population of planet's would be all jedi and things would just fall apart because instead of jedi keeping the pease it would become a massive brawl that wouldn't end unless both sides were depopulated to the point they were before the sith war. also there would be no real authority to answer to. Non-jedi would go down like a hot knife through butter while Jedi Masters who tried to break up fights would end up getting demolished by the mob. That's the one great thing about most mmo's THERE ARE AUTHORITY FIGURES WHO CAN STOP RIOTS, or in the case of CoH THERE ARE NO REAL BAD GUYS. otherwise you would have to segregate the planets before things go boom

I think the game needs graphics. I don't want to play Zork. Games that make me read suck.

The game must be a RPG because I like my character to get progressively more badass. But again, reading is the suxx.

The game must feature ultra-cool, ultra-powerful characters who fall prostate to my even more ultra-cool, ultra-powerful character.

The game must last 200 hours but never bore me.

The game must declare me lord and master.

The game must not include any mini-games or optional content that I don't enjoy. I don't understand that these are optional, and might appear to other players. If I don't enjoy them, then no one should get said content.

The game should be totally centered on the path my character wants to take.

The game must have a romance where some really hot chick totally wants to do it with me.

If the romance involves reading and professing love, then it's gay and I want nothing to do with it and will get quite irate that some chick is forcing lame romance on me.

I totally want to play Revan and I think the Exile should just disappear faster than you can say plot hole. Who cares. Give me the roxxor character!

I don't wany any bugs, and I don't care if no one is currenlty working on this. I also want a new engine, and I want it to launch with the 360 before Christmas.

If my demands are not met, then I will never support Obsidian or LucasArts ever again, but I will come to your forums everyday to remind you how upset I am, and that I am boycotting your stupid company.

Please, or else!!!!!

it's quite obvious how the game will continue. i think. somewhere a new jedi/sith-academy will be build. maybe where atris began her work. the restoration of nuked worlds get many ideas to plots and sidequests. revan's escape to the outer regions could surely be there somewhere in the backround.

the main concept with kotor is the consequences of your choices, where kotor1 introduced the possibilities. kotor2 really widened the range and depht, where your choices also affected others in your party. the next game should continue that path.

the kotor games aren't about the graphics. i think obsidian made good work with what they got from bioware and the engine should be able to push. yes. it would be fun to move objects and such. but i think we'll have to wait for that until kotor 5 or something. i think very little touches of blur here and there can make things more intresting. (refer to hitman 2 -> 3.)

anyway. that's my thoughts.