Two first shops that give color crystals?

I usually get a crystal from the Duros brothers in Telos, Cyan or Veridian for LS and orange, bronze or red for DS. This time I was thinking about getting two rare crystals since I'll use two sabers.

So what is the first vendor after Telos that can drop a rare color crystal? At first I was thinking of the old merc hag on Dantooine but I'm not sure anymore.

Hm?

Dantooine is probably the best bet. If not the female scavenger, then buying the parts from Joran can yield two colour crystals; one of them should be good.

The Rodian vendor on Nar Shaddaa doesn't seem to have crystals until you've sorted out Dantooine.

The Onderonian vendor (the one with the soldier watching him) has crystals, too. And there is a cannock on dxun who will probably have a crystal if you have already completed a saber.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Wait a second, there's a bronze crystal? I mean, I had heard mention of it, but that was usually people saying what color they would like so I figured it was made up, like a black saber. If this is true, can someone tell me a sure way of getting it, or is it simply left to fate and the random item generator? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I don't have the pc version or a modded xbox, so cheating is out of the question.

sig2.gif

Yep it's down to the capricious god of random loot.

I received about three or four last time.

And if you can't cheat, then you just have to keep playing. (I got one from the Rodian on Telos, too, but of course that's random as well.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yep it's down to the capricious god of random loot.

I received about three or four last time.

And if you can't cheat, then you just have to keep playing. (I got one from the Rodian on Telos, too, but of course that's random as well.)

where is there a rodian on telos,i didnt see any. :rolleyes:

Might not be a Rodian (I don't know SW lore that well): the store guy: one of the twins ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My reply very clearly states that the loot is random. You can try every different source you want, but the loot will be generated on the initial entry of the PC to each new area, so whether the storekeeper was a Duros, Rodian or Selkath is totally irrelevant. :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Colour crystals as random item drops follow the random loot system. This means that the rare colours - Silver, Orange, Viridian, Cyan and Bronze - are less likely to appear that the basic colours - Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet; particularly during the earlier level ups.

Cyan and Bronze crystals are particularly difficult to get hold of. Playing it straight you could go through from beginning to end and never see one; but you can save the game before you first talk to a vendor (which is when his inventory is first fixed; * EDIT * it is footlocker/canister loot that is fixed when you first enter an area, by the way, not shopkeepers; too many people rely on this behaviour *) and keep reloading that game until his wares are to your liking.

There is another way - without messing around with vendor's inventories - but it isn't as certain. Always check the lightsaber drops at a workbench (or with T3-M4) for the colour crystal they contain. It appears that the crystal is totally random, or, at least, much less likely to be affected by the rarety of the colour.

I do reasonably well for rare colours this way.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

o:) I thought it was just my monitor settings! :D

Still, that's not a bronze crystal.

I've never seen a gold crystal -- is there such a beast?

Edited by metadigital

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

First, the Qixoni crystal not a colour crystal. Second, although the crystal is limited to a dark-side alignment, an LS player can use it if they put it in a saber that has the yourname crystal from the caves on Dantooine. That's why there is a mod on pcgamemods to allow you to use Force Persuade to provoke a fight and get the crystal without DS points...

The loot dropped by monsters is determined when you enter an area, as w666tvr said earlier:

... it is footlocker/canister loot that is fixed when you first enter an area, by the way, not shopkeepers ...

so the higher your PC level is the better the loot (generally speaking).

Don't forget that at certain times in the game you play a character that doesn't add to your Exile's XP total, like T3 on Peragus II, for example.

:-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmm, the E-mail notification system seems screwed up on this board, no matter how many times I click the notification-box I never get any.

I've run into some trouble, I think. I got my first Cyan-crystal from the Duros guy on Telos, only took about 30 loads this time, phew.

Trouble is, he seems to be the only vendor that has random color crystals.

On Nar Shadaa I went to both Geeda and her Duros-competitor, both of them have saber crystals but only the power crystals change randomly, the color crystals stay locked at yellow for Geeda and violet for the Duros-guy when I checked, no matter how many times I reload or even revisit the planet for the first time they stay at yellow and purple.

So then I went to Dantooine and visited the Salvager Hag, she had an enormous selection of crystals, but it was the same there, only the power crystals change. She has Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet and they stay that way, even in that order, all the time.

Most irritating. Onderon is all that is left now, but with my luck that young guy in the marketplace probably has a set color as well.

I don't get it, why does only the Telos-guy get random colors?

Wait a second, there's a bronze crystal?  I mean, I had heard mention of it, but that was usually people saying what color they would like so I figured it was made up, like a black saber.  If this is true, can someone tell me a sure way of getting it, or is it simply left to fate and the random item generator?  Thanks in advance.

P.S.  I don't have the pc version or a modded xbox, so cheating is out of the question.

I think yellow=bronze

So then I went to Dantooine and visited the Salvager Hag, she had an enormous selection of crystals, but it was the same there, only the power crystals change. She has Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet and they stay that way, even in that order, all the time.

There are two other vendors on Dantooine. Also don't forget to check out the looted lightsabres for their colour gems.

I think yellow=bronze

Nope. They are two distinct colours (by name, at least). And the bronze is a perceptible shade darker, to me.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Bronze on a saber in-game (not in the menu) pretty much looks like orange. There is a slight difference but to most people it's largely undetectable.

In the menu it does look a lot like a yellow crystal, particularly depending on your graphic settings/card, so it's possible to overlook you have/had one if you weren't really looking at the names in-menu..

I think there is a place where a bronze crystal always appears, but as usual I don't remember where....some chest late-game somewhere maybe. I do know that I always seem to end up with at least one.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts