KOTOR III after KOTOR II!

Guest MacleodCorp

I really don't care which project it is. As long as Obsidian is going to make it, I can wait until 2010. If they haven't finished it by then, I'll give them until 2015. If they still haven't finished, I hope to be seeking a job there around that time and maybe I'll get to help make it. But I'm hoping it's done before then. :thumbsup:

sig2.gif

To kill the hero is to kill the series. Trust me I've seen this go wrong in Star Wars a few times, for instance with Anakin Solo. It only leaves fans confused, and annoyed. Not to mention that many fans see Revan as captain bad ass, and one of their favorite Jedi. To kill him off will have a terrible consequence.

well, this is a new genre for LA. I think the closest thing they have to it is

the Jedi Knight FPS series (Outcast seems to be the favorite among fans here) featuring the hard-wired character Kyle Katarn.

Do you think if they killed off Kyle Katarn that that would end the Jedi Knight games?

well when they do kotor 3 i absolutely want them to fully develop romances.

I think that's a pretty common wish. :thumbsup:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Since this is a topic about KotOR 3, I'm going to input some suggestions:

(1)I'd like it if KotOR 3 went back to its roots and was more like KotOR than The Sith Lords.

KotOR 3 needs to have:

(2)A large-scale war, Sith vs Republic, like in KotOR. Not the quiet battle that no one knew about which was fought during The Sith Lords, something more along the lines of... Well, KotOR 1.

(3)It needs to be more star warsy! Like KotOR 1. KotOR 2 wasn't very star warsy.

(4)Characters need to be more developed, i.e have more subplots (a la KotOR 1).

(5)There needs to be a sense of rip-roaring adventure like in the first KotOR.

(6)A familiar planet to the movies would be nice... Tatooine springs to mind, and so does Kashyyk. Both great planets, right? Both have endless possibilities, especially considering you only explored a tiny part of them in KotOR.

(7)I want (and a lot of other people do too) a Yoda-type character, preferably in the Jedi Council in KotOR 3. Could be Vandar, doesn't have to be.

(8)A plot twist would be nice.

Anywho what's that link in the first post of this thread? It doesn't work.

If it suggests that KotOR 3 is indeed in the works, then I need to see it!

N

^To summarize, basically what you want is KOTOR 1

repackaged with a new label. :cool:

Obsidian are you hearing this? Your next project was already

completed two years ago! Whip up some artwork and you

could go gold next week! :)

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Of course I agree with some of your points (#2, #4 esp.)

but KOTOR 3 needs to take its own path. Rehashing the same

formula can only work consecutively so many times, and

hollywood has already proven this quite conclusively with

several of their less memorable extended sagas.

(i.e. Jurassic Park 3, Jaws 4, AVP.)

Need I say more? :thumbsup:

^To summarize, basically what you want is KOTOR 1

repackaged with a new label.  :cool:

Obsidian are you hearing this? Your next project was already

completed two years ago! Whip up some artwork and you

could go gold next week!  :)

(w00t)  (w00t)  (w00t)

Of course I agree with some of your points (#2, #4 esp.)

but KOTOR 3 needs to take its own path. Rehashing the same

formula can only work consecutively so many times, and

hollywood has already proven this quite conclusively with

several of their less memorable extended sagas.

(i.e. Jurassic Park 3, Jaws 4, AVP.)

Need I say more?  :thumbsup:

lol ok. I see what you mean.

Of course, I don't want a KotOR rehash... I want an original game.

Thing is, I want it to be star warsy, a lot more than TSL (this is Star Wars after all), and have more rip-roaring adventure in.

Basically more elements of that Star Wars magic!

While retaining the intelligence and depth of The Sith Lords.

N

To kill the hero is to kill the series. Trust me I've seen this go wrong in Star Wars a few times, for instance with Anakin Solo. It only leaves fans confused, and annoyed. Not to mention that many fans see Revan as captain bad ass, and one of their favorite Jedi. To kill him off will have a terrible consequence.

well, this is a new genre for LA. I think the closest thing they have to it is

the Jedi Knight FPS series (Outcast seems to be the favorite among fans here) featuring the hard-wired character Kyle Katarn.

Do you think if they killed off Kyle Katarn that that would end the Jedi Knight games?

I forsee a great sales drop yes. LFL was even afraid to kill him off, when he was supposed to die in one of the NJO novels. His character was switched with a no name Jedi instead.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I forsee a great sales drop yes. LFL was even afraid to kill him off, when he was supposed to die in one of the NJO novels. His character was switched with a no name Jedi instead.

well, from what I understand, Jedi Knight III (released as Jedi Academy) does not use Kyle as the protagonist...it allows for a new pc (including non-human pcs).

the games don't have to kill a character to not use the character. what complicates our situation is that no one really sees K2 as its own story but, rather, a lead-in to something else (I'm sure some do but I think consensus is that it was, in fact, a cliffhanger).

if you want to be technical about it, the most satisfying way (from a storyteller's perspective) to wrap up this trilogy is to have the Exile as PC with Revan either being a plot device or a controllable character later in the game. problem is, the Exile seems to be the least favorite option as the protagonist of K3.

I don't know, maybe it would be alright if they just leave Revan out of K3 and just use his name as a plot device....Heck, maybe Revan's Angels would not be that bad after all.

All I know is that Revan WILL NOT be the PC of K3.

well, from what I understand, Jedi Knight III (released as Jedi Academy) does not use Kyle as the protagonist...it allows for a new pc (including non-human pcs).

the games don't have to kill a character to not use the character. what complicates our situation is that no one really sees K2 as its own story but, rather, a lead-in to something else (I'm sure some do but I think consensus is that it was, in fact, a cliffhanger).

if you want to be technical about it, the most satisfying way (from a storyteller's perspective) to wrap up this trilogy is to have the Exile as PC with Revan either being a plot device or a controllable character later in the game. problem is, the Exile seems to be the least favorite option as the protagonist of K3.

I don't know, maybe it would be alright if they just leave Revan out of K3 and just use his name as a plot device....Heck, maybe Revan's Angels would not be that bad after all.

All I know is that Revan WILL NOT be the PC of K3.

Kyle was still apart of the game though. A good part actually. Revan as a plot device leaves his story worthless in the end. For he still has story to tell.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Guest MacleodCorp
I do, however, wish to vent my thoughts on how to proceed with a third installment to the series. The game should definitely pick up from where number two stopped. The reason I feel this way is that KotOR1 really had its own closure, but with KotOR2, Obsidian decided to build on KotOR1 without really adding anything. They just came up with this very non-Star Wars Revan-didn't-really-fall-to-the-dark-side-he-just-went-Sith-to-improve-the-Republic bollocks, and it didn't really make much difference whether you said that he was LS or DS in the beginning of the game. Then the whole game was about another character (namely the Exile) who, in the LS ending, essentially just went after Revan wherever he was.

The whole issue with KoTOR2 kind of screwing the series up was obviously Obsidian trying to do something different and time consuming despite being given a very short amount of time to do it in. The idea was promising, but the result a confusing mess. Don't get me wrong here, I like this game and have played it through three times, but there are some unforgivable mistakes they made, that sort of has the whole 'saga' left dangling. It's not just the ending (which was very abrupt and crippled), but the whole idea of making the game keep focus on Revan when in fact Revan is nowhere to be seen in the game. They essentially decided to continue Revan's story without actually telling us anything. The only thing they told us was about his past, where they basically just changed the whole KotOR1 storyline. My DS Revan fell to the dark side on Korriban, corrupted by the dark side. He wasn't some sort of

Guest MacleodCorp
(7)I want (and a lot of other people do too) a Yoda-type character, preferably in the Jedi Council in KotOR 3. Could be Vandar, doesn't have to be.

(8)A plot twist would be nice.

Anywho what's that link in the first post of this thread? It doesn't work.

If it suggests that KotOR 3 is indeed in the works, then I need to see it!

Some responses:

Vandar dies after KotOR I. It is mentioned in KotOR III!

, but I know what you mean.

2. Plot twist would rock!

3. Bioware link may have been disconnected at it's source... I will check on it..

Guest MacleodCorp

This thread is going wild... After I posted the thread about a week ago, I started to notice the infinite subject matter. Are we still on target!?!?! Every time I leave a post it gets lost into the tree.... Lol... :shifty:

I personally would not mind seeing an unexpected return of either Master Vandar, Master Zhar, or Master Dorak.

I don't know about Vandar or Dorak, but Zhar is definately dead, he was one of those that perished on Katar.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I do, however, wish to vent my thoughts on how to proceed with a third installment to the series. The game should definitely pick up from where number two stopped. The reason I feel this way is that KotOR1 really had its own closure, but with KotOR2, Obsidian decided to build on KotOR1 without really adding anything. They just came up with this very non-Star Wars Revan-didn't-really-fall-to-the-dark-side-he-just-went-Sith-to-improve-the-Republic bollocks, and it didn't really make much difference whether you said that he was LS or DS in the beginning of the game. Then the whole game was about another character (namely the Exile) who, in the LS ending, essentially just went after Revan wherever he was.

The whole issue with KoTOR2 kind of screwing the series up was obviously Obsidian trying to do something different and time consuming despite being given a very short amount of time to do it in. The idea was promising, but the result a confusing mess. Don't get me wrong here, I like this game and have played it through three times, but there are some unforgivable mistakes they made, that sort of has the whole 'saga' left dangling. It's not just the ending (which was very abrupt and crippled), but the whole idea of making the game keep focus on Revan when in fact Revan is nowhere to be seen in the game. They essentially decided to continue Revan's story without actually telling us anything. The only thing they told us was about his past, where they basically just changed the whole KotOR1 storyline. My DS Revan fell to the dark side on Korriban, corrupted by the dark side. He wasn't some sort of

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Hi, I hope they make KotoR 3 for the xbox. Hope they add more planets to explore like 6 to 9 planets in the game. New Robes and armour, dress your character in droid armour like in some of the star wars comic. I hope Revan & the Exile become allies and on side of Dark Side the Two Dark Lords come back to the republic to with the allies to rule and to crush the rest of the jedi in hiding. If Revan and Exile come back to the republic with their allies and as two Jedi Masters to crush the sith for good. Then maybe in Kotor 4 the new jedi strike down the sith or the new dark lords crush the last of any hope.

Just a bit of curiousity here, I know when Kreia dies she mentions that your "friends" are the lost jedi in the LS ending, what does she say about them in the DS ending?

She says the same crap about them being the Lost Jedi but their fates are changed.

Oh, and is this confirmed?  I thought it might be official since its a sticky...but I see no proof....

I hope its not a sick rumor.....PS3?????? Say it aint  SOO!!!!!!!

I thought they'd make it for the new xbox...

I think Meshugger was being sarcastic.

There is little to no chance that this will be a PS3 exclusive.

Most likely, it will start off on Xbox 360.

Doesn't really have to be on the Xbox 360. I can still see them releasing on the Xbox.

Intresting isn't it... Obsidian created Darth Nihilus as a poster child, and then he was the weakest Sith Lord ever... So, would you say that KotOR II was a test run for a third? Or, do you think Obsidian should create a third by reinventing the game engine, storyline, and characters???

Darth Nihilus was powerful. He could sever connections to the force and what not and it is a technique as old as the Sith themselves. But he was weak maybe in fighting according to the Masters because he would try and hide himself from them.

I hope the 3rd game has some real backround on the lords, i would really like to see deadboy's face (Ie nihilus) and i would like to see how somone like him could be made

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

all right as i have seen many people saying that K3 is a rumor or its fact or what ever.... but i have also heard alot of people complaining about being exile agine or being stuck with revan.... let me put it this way for you guys you are most likely going to be nither.... also people are mad about the exile being a hole in the forces a leech if you will making bonds and destruing worlds blha blah blah.... exile and revan do the same thing they are bond makes and crap like that.... um let me think bastila she is bond to revan... NOW HOW DID THAT HAPPEN..... Kriea tells you how revan works just liek you he influences people, he can make jedi turn and officers fire on there own planets... now how would be do that ooooh thats right he was at malicore just like the exile...... revan and exile are both able to make people do what they want and influence people and make bonds and all that junk..... I think all this junk about kotor III not being a kotor at all is redicualos and stupid, why would they change the name. btw its not up to obsidion how the game plays out, its lucas art that writes it obsidian just makes it...

all right as i have seen many people saying that K3 is a rumor or its fact or what ever.... but i have also heard alot of people complaining about being exile agine or being stuck with revan.... let me put it this way for you guys you are most likely going to be nither.... also people are mad about the exile being a hole in the forces a leech if you will making bonds and destruing worlds blha blah blah.... exile and revan do the same thing they are bond makes and crap like that.... um let me think bastila she is bond to revan... NOW HOW DID THAT HAPPEN..... Kriea tells you how revan works just liek you he influences people, he can make jedi turn and officers fire on there own planets... now how would be do that ooooh thats right he was at malicore just like the exile...... revan and exile are both able to make people do what they want and influence people and make bonds and all that junk..... I think all this junk about kotor III not being a kotor at all is redicualos and stupid, why would they change the name. btw its not up to obsidion how the game plays out, its lucas art that writes it obsidian just makes it...

Supposedly it happened when she healed his mind. They sort of linked minds. Of course on the larger scale the exile and Revan seem remarkably similiar.

Be kind of Ironic if they turned out to be the same person :lol:

Actually Obsidian would write it under LA's directive. They would have to have anything given the greenlight before it made it into the game.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]