KOTOR III after KOTOR II!

Guest MacleodCorp

Too slow for me and a bit repetitive. I wouldn't mind it being like the movies but still keep it's turnbased elements.

Dont see what difference it makes really, if you only going to be watching it. The biggest difference between KOTOR and the movies is the movies have a fraction of the lightsaber fights and they are all heavily coreographed. Copying the movies isnt really an option.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Dont see what difference it makes really, if you only going to be watching it. The biggest difference between KOTOR and the movies is the movies have a fraction of the lightsaber fights and they are all heavily coreographed. Copying the movies isnt really an option.

I didn't actually mean copy the movie fights I meant to add more moves like flipping and moving around rather than standing in one spot.

I didn't actually mean copy the movie fights I meant to add more moves like flipping and moving around rather than standing in one spot.

Probably need a more direct control method for that. You dont really want the game sending you places you didnt want to be during some animated flipping.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Want me to pin this topic so you guys don't have to search the top 7 threads to find it?

Also, I've gotten no word whether OE developing KotOR III is official or not.

Pharaun could probaly take the Exile. I'd guess it would depend on if the "force immunity" would work for magic. Or maybe a spell that kills midiclorians

Anyways, I'd hate to see Obsidian make Kotor III, it might be too much to be responible for the death of such a beloved Title so early in a company's life. It should fall to someone else

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Want me to pin this topic so you guys don't have to search the top 7 threads to find it?

Also, I've gotten no word whether OE developing KotOR III is official or not.

that would be great, thanks. Can you also pin the restoration project topic?

OE said that their next game won't be a sequel. That is an awfully diplomatic response that tells me that if K2 didn't suck, they would have already started developing K3.... Personally, after having seen K2, i don't want OE to handle K3.

Topic Pinned, but keep in mind to post every so often that KOTORIII by Obsidian is NOT Official, and that there next game is NOT a sequel. KotOR III was last heard to be in Lucas Arts hands and it may not even be developed by Obsidian. No spamming. ;-)

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I want to play as Revan, Revan has to remain LS PLEASE!

Is this the end for KotOR? the best RPG on the PC+Xbox or will the Revan Saga end?

I hate Trilogies, why can't you have triple trilogies instead...

Guest MacleodCorp
I want to play as Revan, Revan has to remain LS PLEASE!

Is this the end for KotOR? the best RPG on the PC+Xbox or will the Revan Saga end?

I hate Trilogies, why can't you have triple trilogies instead...

I don't think this is the end of the KotOR series. What would make a KotOR III intresting is if you could choose two pcs at the beginning of the game. One pc for Revan and the other for the Exile. Then you have you set of NPC/PC for your team, which you bump into and recruit.

Now, if Obsidian can convince the fans that they have a solid story, then I think fans would drive to KotOR III in herds.

However, like my question states, do you think Obsidianent has a story to tell for KotOR III? Do you think that Obsidian could sell the story to fans? Do you think that Obsidian can maintain the software support for the game issues?

We all know or have hopes that a third KotOR is made, but do you people believe that Obsidian has the talent, support, and ability to make a good KotORIII?

Guest MacleodCorp

I read that same article. I think it is very encouraging. From what I keep finding online, I think a KotOR III will be made. If Obsidian is working on it, I hope they take their time to write a good story and a good game engine. In some ways, I think that KotOR II was their testing ground. Since they never encountered a Star Wars mob, fans that is, they were not prepared. If they learn their lesson, listen to fans, and then impliment the right staff, then I think they will be able to make a blockbuster of a game for KotOR III. However, it all has to come together!!

From what I hear MCA skipped sleep and overdosed on Star Wars. He read all the books and comics and immersed himself in the fandom as much as he could.

And he had already dealt with Fallout fans. They knew what they were in for, and made the best game they could given the time frame.

Despite it's flaws, I think they made a unique addition the Star Wars universe. The concept of the Wound in the Force raises some questions I'd like to see answered. Darth Nihlius was interesting and under-used. Scion got far more time on screen.

We all know or have hopes that a third KotOR is made, but do you people believe that Obsidian has the talent, support, and ability to make a good KotORIII?

Easily. A KOTOR III that everyone would like. Not a chance, but then thats nothing new because it's simply not possible.

Avoid Revan because it's a case of dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

478327[/snapback]

Bioware didn't get pushed around. They delayed KOTOR about 7 times, with the simple notion of, "It will be finished when it's finished."

Obsidian clearly didn't have the strenght to bitch slap LFL like Bioware did.

and as a result we got KOTOR 2.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I definately hope that Lucasarts don't fall for the pressure of making Revan and the Exile as the main PC's in KotOR III.

"Coming in fall 2006, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: The adventures of Revan and his favourite sidekick: The Exile. In the third installment you'll play as Revan, and occasionally the Exile, as they battle outside the Outer Rim against the evil Sith empire. Featuring better graphics, more fluid animations and even more incredible lightsaber duels, this adventure-game with rpg-influences will be released on Playstation 3 exclusively for highest performance possible."

Yuck.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

IMO, this is what LA will do if they are smart:

*  KOTOR III will finish "the Revan saga"

*  KOTOR IV will be a prequel (Exar Kun and the Sith War, for instance)

let Revan head off to the EU where he belongs...

That's a pretty crappy opinion

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well I certainly don't want to play as a new PC with some wierd connection to the force, and somehow gets the Hawk.

good point...the trick is not just Revan--

True Sith

but with things like how do you get T3 and the Hawk in the PC's hands?

a possible solution is that the PC is someone who served under the Exile in the Mandalorian Wars. The (set identity) Exile takes up residence at Coruscant (or Dantooine) to try to rebuild the order and gives the ship to a Force Sensitive he trusts from the Mandalorian Wars...just a logical tie-in....no more super-dooper Force prodigies please.

Just a bit of curiousity here, I know when Kreia dies she mentions that your "friends" are the lost jedi in the LS ending, what does she say about them in the DS ending?

Well I certainly don't want to play as a new PC with some wierd connection to the force, and somehow gets the Hawk.

good point...the trick is not just Revan--

True Sith

but with things like how do you get T3 and the Hawk in the PC's hands?

a possible solution is that the PC is someone who served under the Exile in the Mandalorian Wars. The (set identity) Exile takes up residence at Coruscant (or Dantooine) to try to rebuild the order and gives the ship to a Force Sensitive he trusts from the Mandalorian Wars...just a logical tie-in....no more super-dooper Force prodigies please.

He would have to be a super-doopre force prodigy, because if this New PC is the hero then he destroys the True Sith.

Some say KOTOR 1 was Revans game, KOTOR 2 is Exiles game, and 3 is New PC's game. I don't see it that way, seems to be that the entire story is all Revan. KOTOR and 2 connect to Revan, because it just does. I've already explain the reasno why it's all Revans story.

He has the biggest connection to the enemy. How can some new PC come out of nowhere and take it from him?

None of this would have been a problem is Obsidian hadn't decided to make the story a trilogy. If it had been 3 different games with 3 different stories, and no connection then fine.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

None of this would have been a problem is Obsidian hadn't decided to make the story a trilogy. If it had been 3 different games with 3 different stories, and no connection then fine.

true, but LA got inundated with Revan talk after K1. to not make ANY mention of Revan would have been problematic, too.

so, we have a dilemma: a trilogy that was not paced to be a trilogy or a pseudo-trilogy with different PCs for all three games...they both have advantages and disadvantages.

I would LOVE for KOTOR 3 be a non-epic, standalone SW RPG....but they just can't do that.