KOTOR III after KOTOR II!

Guest MacleodCorp

Kinda funny how this thread goes in cycles. Posters always start out with good intentions but soon become hopelesly lost and mangled in their own personal fantasies about KOTOR 3 until they start launching debates and breaking down plotlines for what is at best a poorly planted rumour describing a phantom title spawned of wishful thinking and misguided substance-driven speculation. Then some floater wanders in and hits them hard with the reality check that absolutely nothing has been confirmed by either company and probably wont be for quite some time. Their fantasies are crushed and there is a breif period of silenece and reflection. Then the cycle begins again, and timidly the posters regress to a place in their mind where KOTOR 3 is real, and fairies dance and sing on their shoulder and tinkle chocolate syrup into a silver bucket next to their keyboard every fifteen minutes. It's a beautiful image, but it's based on nothing but faith. Personally I see no end in sight. Don't worry, I'll check back a couple times before the rapture and see if any true progress has been made in this conversation. If so, I will personaly pee chocolate syrup into a cup for each of you and tatoo Jar Jar Binks on my ass with a taser. :lol:

If you think I'm lying, try me. :cool:

If you think I've had way too much Mountain Dew tonight, have a cookie, you're right. o:)

:lol:" Wouldn't it be funny if no one ever makes KOTOR 3 :p"

That would be hilarious indeed :D

All those K3 thoughts will end up in somebody's recycle bin :D :D

That would be worse than the Shenmue scenario, I dont think they'll ever make a third :x Theres no reason why they shouldn't make a Kotor 3 though, I mean its been relatively successful and has made lucasarts a good margin of profit I would have thought, and you only have to look around the net to see the amount of support the game has amassed.

Been thinking more about plots and stuff recently, and I thought wouldn't it be great if K3's story centred around a character, who had been deeply affected by the events that had unfolded in the previous 2 games and beyond. i.e. A mysterious character unwilling to confide in anyone. But as events progress we learn through flashbacks that the character holds a great burden and is the epitome of pain and suffering, he/she as a child watched as everyone they loved and cared for were mercilessly slaughtered during the Mandalorian wars. The player has to see to it that these emotions are used in the relevant way. Will the history of the character be used to eliminate such atrocities happening or will the call of revenge be too much to bare?

Been thinking more about plots and stuff recently, and I thought wouldn't it be great if K3's story centred around a character, who had been deeply affected by the events that had unfolded in the previous 2 games and beyond. i.e. A mysterious character unwilling to confide in anyone.  But as events progress we learn through flashbacks that the character holds a great burden and is the epitome of pain and suffering, he/she as a child watched as everyone they loved and cared for were mercilessly slaughtered during the Mandalorian wars.  The player has to see to it that these emotions are used in the relevant way. Will the history of the character be used to eliminate such atrocities happening or will the call of revenge be too much to bare?

You pretty much just described Squall :shifty:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

In a sense, I don't care whether they make KOTOR 3 or not as long as LA keeps publishing cRPGs from the likes of BioWare and Obsidian. I wouldn't mind seeing Knights of the New Republic or a Galactic Empire RPG before KOTOR 3.

However, I think it is pretty foolish to think that LA is finished publishing cRPGs set in the SW universe...these games have been too profitable for that.

And, since KOTOR 2 was such an unmistakable cliffhanger, it almost assures that their next SW RPG will, most likely, be KOTOR 3.

Been thinking more about plots and stuff recently, and I thought wouldn't it be great if K3's story centred around a character, who had been deeply affected by the events that had unfolded in the previous 2 games and beyond. i.e. A mysterious character unwilling to confide in anyone.  But as events progress we learn through flashbacks that the character holds a great burden and is the epitome of pain and suffering, he/she as a child watched as everyone they loved and cared for were mercilessly slaughtered during the Mandalorian wars.  The player has to see to it that these emotions are used in the relevant way. Will the history of the character be used to eliminate such atrocities happening or will the call of revenge be too much to bare?

You pretty much just described Squall :thumbsup:

Squall, he was a moody one.

Kinda funny how this thread goes in cycles. Posters always start out with good intentions but soon become hopelesly lost and mangled in their own personal fantasies about KOTOR 3 until they start launching debates and breaking down plotlines for what is at best a poorly planted rumour describing a phantom title spawned of wishful thinking and misguided substance-driven speculation. Then some floater wanders in and hits them hard with the reality check that absolutely nothing has been confirmed by either company and probably wont be for quite some time. Their fantasies are crushed and there is a breif period of silenece and reflection. Then the cycle begins again, and timidly the posters regress to a place in their mind where KOTOR 3 is real, and fairies dance and sing on their shoulder and tinkle chocolate syrup into a silver bucket next to their keyboard every fifteen minutes. It's a beautiful image, but it's based on nothing but faith. Personally I see no end in sight. Don't worry, I'll check back a couple times before the rapture and see if any true progress has been made in this conversation. If so, I will personaly pee chocolate syrup into a cup for each of you and tatoo Jar Jar Binks on my ass with a taser.  :geek:

If you think I'm lying, try me.    :cool: 

If you think I've had way too much Mountain Dew tonight, have a cookie, you're right.  :p

:-

Yes, I agree. This is what KotOR 3 will be about.

Squall, he was a moody one.

Definition of "angry young man" that one.

Don't really see how you could capture those character qualities and still give the illusion that you have some choice on what is going on.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Ultimately New Jersey almost certainly isn't KOTOR3 so I won't try to discuss it too in-depth.

However I'll give my ideas which hopefully haven't already been gone over.

1. It's pretty much going to be Revan and Exile.

2. Revan said that (s)he's headed out to the Rim for a huge reason, and the game's underlying plot might revolve around that.

3. The Exile can go planet hopping after Revan in an overcrowded Ebon Hawk.

4. Flashbacks can be interactive (controlling Revan in a story about him/her). Maybe even real-time Revan events while the Exile's after him/her. The player makes interactive decisions on what Revan did/does.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Ultimately New Jersey almost certainly isn't KOTOR3 so I won't try to discuss it too in-depth.

However I'll give my ideas which hopefully haven't already been gone over.

1. It's pretty much going to be Revan and Exile.

2. Revan said that (s)he's headed out to the Rim for a huge reason, and the game's underlying plot might revolve around that.

3. The Exile can go planet hopping after Revan in an overcrowded Ebon Hawk.

4. Flashbacks can be interactive (controlling Revan in a story about him/her).  Maybe even real-time Revan events while the Exile's after him/her.  The player makes interactive decisions on what Revan did/does.

]

YES

YES

YES

I LOVE IT!!!!

You, Sir, are on the ball.

#4. is DEFINITELY a winner. I'm guessing you got the idea from the recording of the Exile's trial in KotOR 2. I really liked that part, too. I think therem is DEFINITELY room for a few more scenes like that in KotOR 3, with Revan being there and all...

^Thanks :x I wasn't really thinking of that scene, but that would be a good example of it.

I'd really like to have the player be able to pick at the beginning whether they're playing as Revan (playing from his/her perspective) or the Exile and having the story be told from different viewpoints. They'd play through the same places, meet same people but from different points of view/motivations.

That's probably too much work for the time they've got, so something like switching play between Revan and the Exile (like a story in a book) real time might be done (but not overdone). It might be a way of having the player determine what attitudes/actions Revan/Exile have. It would depend on the storytelling ability to make the story flow though without being to disjointed.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

look, you guys they've already used Revan and The Exile , they won't permit you to play them again, they're probably going to have a new guy/gal in town, it may be based as the storyline above, but you aren't going to be the Exile that I promisely garuntee. :)

well ladies and gentleman. a bioware offical said that bioware will NOT make KOTOR III as stated here

http://swforums.bioware.com/viewdevposts.h...413368&forum=26

Well looks like we have to beg Obsidian to do Kotor III as I probably think everyone as been doing.I know people have been talking about bioware and obisidian joining up but I am afraid that looks like its not possible.Looks like we have to hang out here until maybe Obisidian feels like doing Kotor III

well ladies and gentleman. a bioware offical said that bioware will NOT make KOTOR III as stated here

http://swforums.bioware.com/viewdevposts.h...413368&forum=26

Well looks like we have to beg Obsidian to do Kotor III as I probably think everyone as been doing.I know people have been talking about bioware and obisidian joining up but I am afraid that looks like its not possible.Looks like we have to hang out here until maybe Obisidian feels like doing Kotor III

Could you please quote what the link says? I went there but it says I have to be signed in to view this page.

N

Aaaalright, just to set the record straight...BioWare did not develop KotOR 2. Obsidian Entertainment did. Additionally, BioWare is highly unlikely to develop KotOR 3, what with the new intellectual properties we are busy developing (ie. Jade Empire, Dragon Age).

James Hanley said it.

And this

You might want to brush up on your forum etiquette, or this thread will follow the other into lockdown in short order.

As Charamei stated, the place to talk about this is on Obsidian's boards, if you actually want it seen. If you truly feel the need to continue to talk about it here, that's fine and dandy. Do so civilly, but please do not expect KotOR 3 to be done by BioWare. :shade:

Hope its useful because I had to memory search for my username and password :thumbsup:

The latter post does seem to imply that Obsidian are indeed the developers of KOTORIII but maybe I'm just reading into it.

478327[/snapback]

FOR OBSIDIAN DEVS TO READ AND NOT MAKE A MISTAKE BIOWARE DID...

Well Obsidian? what do you have to say for your self? Bioware just stated they are not making Kotor 3 so can you tell us whether you are making Kotor 3 or not? I know you are Obsidian because you wouldn't throw away another chance to make big money to make you devs go out for dinner every night.and I know your company won't make the same mistake Bioware did by throwing a wopping cash flow story in the bin lol.I know you obsidian, I know you won't make the same mistake Bioware has made.

This looks familiar. Didn't I just read this on another forum?

Obsidian already have two big projects underway - NWN2 and New Jersey. If LucasArts came along and offered them Kotor 3, what should they do? It would mean a sudden expansion - lots of new staff, three games at once, the loss of feeling of a small developer - but it would be guaranteed income for a new and small company. A very hard call, but on balance, it would make more sense to turn it down and focus on building your reputation with the two projects already underway.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I dont know I'd be quite tempted to put my internal project on hold if offered that sort of cash cow. Depending on the deal of course. I dont see Feargus being enthusiastic about another 1 year crunch project. But having a 360 (or PS3) flag title in KOTOR III would be quite a feather in the cap for Obsidian.

478327[/snapback]