Will you buy LucasArts products after KOTOR II?

ncr

Will you buy LucasArts products after KOTOR II?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy LucasArts products after KOTOR II?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

As long as this modern "adventure games and tech support are things of the past"-policy continues, I doubt I'm going to give'em more money or trust.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My problem with the combat, was it seemed like they were trying to make it similar to the JK combat, what with the lightsabers, and the force powers, but it just sucked.  It wasn't even good combat for a side-scroller. 

In fact I found the E3 game's combat more complex than JK's "swing and jump" system. Once you master it, the game is a pushover, but it really shines in the duel mode. The only real problems seem to be with the balance (Grievous and that Agent Smith dude do cheat), and relatively low number of duelists and arenas. But after all, the duel mode wasn't supposed to be the game's focus, but a goodie. So it's ok for me.

I think I'd pay for a SW fight game a la Tekken. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I haven't played Jade Empire yet, but for me, in that sort of game, 'dumbed-down' isn't a deal breaker.  I play a game like Jade Empire for the story, I play a game like Episode III for the combat/cool looking stuff.  Episode III didn't satisfy in that respect for me.  Personal preference and all that stuff though.  :)"

JE have a kind of paper-rock-scissor system, I dont think its dumb down but its not developed much and some things sould never been put in it (transformation) and eventually ends up in a no challange.

drakron.png

JE have a kind of paper-rock-scissor system, I dont think its dumb down but its not developed much and some things sould never been put in it (transformation) and eventually ends up in a no challange.

All those styles that do basically the same thing... normal attack ,strong attack, area attack. No growth no change, only modifiers to damage and the like <yawn> Terrible for a hands on system.

Yep JE's end boss beats both KOTOR and KOTOR II by a landslide when it comes to ease of dispatch. Still at least Bioware didnt overtly cheat like with Malek.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Not yet  <_<

unforseen circumstances have stripped me of my new video card funds  <_< *grumble*need-a-crown-on-a-molar*grumble*

That's blasphemy!

Sorry about the molar thing.

Personally, I feel an afternoon gaming session would suit Darque's schedule perfectly - at approximately Tooth-Hurty. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

Personally, I feel an afternoon gaming session would suit Darque's schedule perfectly - at approximately Tooth-Hurty.  ^_^

Jags, you know I adore you like a long lost puppy dog, but that was bad.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If it's a KotOR game, then yes... (or any kind of Star Wars RPG)

Otherwise... no.

Incidently Darque, did you ever get around to play K2? :p

Not yet <_<

unforseen circumstances have stripped me of my new video card funds <_< *grumble*need-a-crown-on-a-molar*grumble*

There is only one thing to say then, poor Darque :thumbsup:

Be careful with the teeth :p

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

It depends on whether they (LA) release anything worth my time or money.

What he said.

If I refused to buy from any company that has ever been in any way associated with a game that wasn't top notch, I'd have a different hobby. And probably a cheaper one at that. :(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm curious about Empire at War, if only to see if someone can finally put together a good Star Wars RTS.

Otherwise though, my interest in LA has waned significantly, especially after the cancellation of Sam and Max 2.

I was really pissed about KOTOR:2, and that they canceled good games like Sam and Max 2, and Full Throttle 2.

However, Empire at War looks great. Battlefront 2 looks great. Lego Star Wars was plenty of fun.

LucasArts has always released a few great titles, and plenty of bad ones.

Super Bom-Bad Racing anyone?