Do you ever feel guilty

I hate to be OT here, but why would anyone want to kill Carth? :)

DL

P.S. The only time I couldnt be DS was when playing KOTOR1 and my evil actions were disapproved by Carth... apart from that it was cool :D

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Somethings will occasionally make me feel bad like when taking the bones from that lady on Tatooine in KOTOR 1 and then telling her that it was a fake always made me feel bad, or having Zaalbar kill Mission. However there are times when it is alot of fun like the two thugs on Nar Shaada that can be force persuaded to jump over the edge. :-"

I hate to be OT here, but why would anyone want to kill Carth?  :-

DL

P.S. The only time I couldnt be DS was when playing KOTOR1 and my evil actions were disapproved by Carth... apart from that it was cool  :D

Some people find the obsessive whining that Carth seems to spew every time your character turns a corner annoying... :p

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I admit, having Mission get tramped to death by the furrball was the highlight of my day. I seriously didn't like that gal. :-

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I feel guilty about making darkside choices, and I never play darkside as well. IN fact, I even feel guilty sometimes when I make neutral choices, knowing I could have done more to help somone.

THough it is a video game, the paths we take are in a small way, a reflection of our inner being. THose who enjoy too much the darkside should be careful....

Usually no problems, (what with my victims being animated 3D models and all) but occaisionally superior voice acting/dialogue will get me to waver. I'm not really all that prone to the "greedy thug" dark side approach, though, I'd like to see a lot more [persuade/lie] options so I can manipulate people :)

Er, I dunno if I posted here or not, because there's been a lot of these . . . so if I have, sorry. And if you've read my opinion a billion times before, HAHA SUCKS TO BE YOU! j/k actually, most of you know what I'm all about by now, I bet O_o Gods, I need a life . . .

DSer forever man! I feel like a total fool and idiot doing LS. I just . . . can't bring myself to do it . . . eewwwww, makes me feel like puking, it does o_o;

Usually no problems, (what with my victims being animated 3D models and all) but occaisionally superior voice acting/dialogue will get me to waver.  I'm not really all that prone to the "greedy thug" dark side approach, though, I'd like to see a lot more [persuade/lie] options so I can manipulate people >_<

If there was an option to manipulate, DS would be even better. Although I have only played DS on each 2 times, I only ever felt comfortable with manipulation. If its not... I feel bad. It seems so much more evil to me than taking some guys lunch money. I mean, why kill some guy for his credits, when you can cause him pain in a subliminal way. Pain is always more "fun" when its in your head rather than physical o:)

Yea, its not "all time evil" but its just something to start you off to the path of evil. Its not like your going to have LS mastery then all the sudden slaughter hundreds of innocents without any sort of evil act between. But I guess that could happen if you suddenly when insane >_<

Usually no problems, (what with my victims being animated 3D models and all) but occaisionally superior voice acting/dialogue will get me to waver.  I'm not really all that prone to the "greedy thug" dark side approach, though, I'd like to see a lot more [persuade/lie] options so I can manipulate people >_<

There was a certain part of VTMB (the movie script quest for VV, the poor stammering sod) that nearly caused me a bit guilt due to the voice acting. But I overcame it........eventually.

I admit, having Mission get tramped to death by the furrball was the highlight of my day. I seriously didn't like that gal.  :shifty:

o.O why??? Mission was so funny and so...well, cool!

Somethings will occasionally make me feel bad like when taking the bones from that lady on Tatooine in KOTOR 1 and then telling her that it was a fake always made me feel bad, or having Zaalbar kill Mission. However there are times when it is alot of fun like the two thugs on Nar Shaada that can be force persuaded to jump over the edge. :-"

haha! What thugs? Where exactly? I want to try that hahaha :ph34r: :ermm:

I feel guilty about making darkside choices, and I never play darkside as well.  IN fact, I even feel guilty sometimes when I make neutral choices, knowing I could have done more to help somone.

THough it is a video game, the paths we take are in a small way, a reflection of our inner being.  THose who enjoy too much the darkside should be careful....

Don't tell me, you were raised in one of the guilt-centric religions (like Judaism and Roman Catholicism)!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

THough it is a video game, the paths we take are in a small way, a reflection of our inner being.

Err... no.

I get only limited to dialog options, if I fight anyone - they must die, I can't even shoot them in the legs and most certainly -> I don't wait until I get more experience in combat to start hitting on a girl again :shifty: I just do it when I decide it is right.

If it were a reflection of me when speaking of the 0DS-LS100 meter then that would mean I'm a total-monk-with-'no attachments'-who-sometimes-gets-super-angry-and-wants-to-kill-babies-for-1-month

but-later-calms-down-and-starts-to-be-yet-someone-else.

So that'd mean I'm different every month :ermm:

And so I must repeat this again: ever heard of roleplay??

While I have heard of the term roleplay, and don't particularly believe a digital analogue of me has much at all to do with the real me, I've never played dark side in the KotOR games. Think it's probably that I saw the original trilogy at such an impressionable age and was pretty much scared sh1tless of all the Sith in them, so playing one feels wrong to me and does, indeed, make me feel bad.

And to answer metadigital's question: I was raised Protestant--Lutheran, to be precise--so my guilt tends to be about things like not being clean enough, or not being polite enough, or not having enough food when the relatives come over.

Err... no.

I get only limited to dialog options, if I fight anyone - they must die, I can't even shoot them in the legs and most certainly -> I don't wait until I get more experience in combat to start hitting on a girl again >_< I just do it when I decide it is right.

If it were a reflection of me when speaking of the 0DS-LS100 meter then that would mean I'm a total-monk-with-'no attachments'-who-sometimes-gets-super-angry-and-wants-to-kill-babies-for-1-month

but-later-calms-down-and-starts-to-be-yet-someone-else.

So that'd mean I'm different every month :)

And so I must repeat this again: ever heard of roleplay??

Afraid so. Let me explain.

If you were an actor you could play someone evil and it would have no reflection on you since you were not entertaining yourself. However in a CRPG you are the only audience and your playing a part for your own entermainment. Thats why people who cant play evil are not really bad roleplayers, but rather they are not enjoying the results of their activities on screen. Much like some people avoid horror films, then you would not expect them to play an RPG which would then reflect a horror film experience.

So regardless of how you roleplay the result of the roleplay is still going to be reflected into something that either fascinates or compells you. While for example it's funny to make the thugs jump off the platform, thats only funny if at the back of your mind it would be a funny thing to do.

So the whole ever heard of roleplay, well thats a bit of an excuse, a protection mechanism if you like to stop you thinking too much about why you find evil "interesting".Of course that dosnt mean your going to go out and murder people, it's a big gulf between virtual and real :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

While I have heard of the term roleplay, and don't particularly believe a digital analogue of me has much at all to do with the real me, I've never played dark side in the KotOR games.  Think it's probably that I saw the original trilogy at such an impressionable  age and was pretty much scared sh1tless of all the Sith in them, so playing one feels wrong to me and does, indeed, make me feel bad.

And to answer metadigital's question: I was raised Protestant--Lutheran, to be precise--so my guilt tends to be about things like not being clean enough, or not being polite enough, or not having enough food when the relatives come over.

Then roleplaying a bad character might do you some good.

I don't expect you to start adopting anti-social behaviour in RL, nor become a sociopath and use machievelli's precepts to engineer your friends and enemies into making your life better!

I find it can help clarify why bad is bad and explain goodness without all the (normally present) religious baggage associated with such ethical discourse. Seeing how a Sith operates allows you to feel the impact on your alter ego (PC) and helps re-inforce ideas of fairness and morality, I think.

Certainly nobody will be hurt in the experiment. >_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Then roleplaying a bad character might do you some good.

I don't expect you to start adopting anti-social behaviour in RL, nor become a sociopath and use machievelli's precepts to engineer your friends and enemies into making your life better!

I find it can help clarify why bad is bad and explain goodness without all the (normally present) religious baggage associated with such ethical discourse. Seeing how a Sith operates allows you to feel the impact on your alter ego (PC) and helps re-inforce ideas of fairness and morality, I think.

Certainly nobody will be hurt in the experiment.  >_<

Yes it can be very carthatic and letting your little evil demons out in a virtual enviroment is perfectly safe and acceptable. As long as you know where to draw the line between fantasy and reality.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If you were an actor you could play someone evil and it would have no reflection on you since you were not entertaining yourself. However in a CRPG you are the only audience and your playing a part for your own entermainment. Thats why people who cant play evil are not really bad roleplayers, but rather they are not enjoying the results of their activities on screen. Much like some people avoid horror films, then you would not expect them to play an RPG which would then reflect a horror film experience.

So regardless of how you roleplay the result of the roleplay is still going to be reflected into something that either fascinates or compells you. ...

... So the whole ever heard of roleplay, well thats a bit of an excuse, a protection mechanism if you like to stop you thinking too much about why you find evil "interesting".Of course that dosnt mean your going to go out and murder people, it's a big gulf between virtual and real >_<

I disagree. You are arguing for a reduction in empathy; that sociopathic and psychopathic traits are somehow "addictive", or triggerd by roleplay.

Why can't the audience of one be fascinated in a horrified way by the actions of their avatar? I don't believe most people who watch a horror film are imagining themselves as the monster! I think it is a case of poor roleplay. By experiencing the feelings of killing another, I would expect a normal individual to feel uncomfortable and not want to imitate the action in RL. (There are estimated to be about 2% of the population who are maladjusted and find homocide uneventful.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT