GEORGE LUCAS PLANS KOTOR ERA MOVIE!

Nur Ab Sal

Just look at his career history. The quality of his movies and hence his skill as a directord/producer/screenswriter/whathaveyou is, overall, awesome. of coruse, there are likely stinkers. Remmeber, not all of his movies are hits; but that doesn't mean they suck.

LONG LIVE KING GEORGE LUCAS!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KOTOR was hyped  alot more than NWN was. KOTOR even had a tv ad soemthing NWN never did to my knowledge. Heck, even JE had a tv ad. KOTOR was million times hyped than NWN. Afterall, it not only had the BIO name hyping it but the LA/SW name as well. You cna't beat that can kind of hype.

Like I said before, NWN had five years worth of hype. It was even hyped in Baldur's Gate 2. Remember the loading area sentence that read something like "the adventure doesn't have to end here, you can import you BG2 characcter into Neverwinter Nights". I suspect Lord Foreshadow in BG1 was also, as his name implies, foreshadowing NWN as well when you conversed with him... If he had that particular function, that's like

Just look at his career history. The quality of his movies and hence his skill as a directord/producer/screenswriter/whathaveyou is, overall, awesome. of coruse, there are likely stinkers. Remmeber, not all of his movies are hits; but that doesn't mean they suck.

Of course not. I love his creative talent, his vision, and his creations. But his directing skills are probably his weak spot. That doesn't mean I could do better, or most people could for that matter. It takes a lot of work and skill to create something as outstanding as SW. But if anything, he could probably benefit from a few pointers from others in the trade. :devil:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"I suspect Lord Foreshadow in BG1 was also, as his name implies, foreshadowing NWN as well when you conversed with him.."

I cna't believe youa re gonna count that as hype. Most peopel likely forgot all about Mr. Foreshadow well before NWN's release.

"ToEE's hype was nowhere near as that of Baldur's Gate or KoTOR. At best it had a fair amount, but it still paled in comparison. Nowhere near the KoTOR level that you suggested."

It had lots of hype. Nowehre did I say it had as much hype as KOTOR though so why are suggetsing that I suggested that? All I said was that both KOTOR and TOEE were hyped way more than you suggested... not that their hype was equal to each other.

"I mentioned hype affecting initial sales."

That's true for any game. NWN is not unique or special in this aspect like you implied.

"Of course not. I love his creative talent, his vision, and his creations.'

:devil:

But his directing skills are probably his weak spot. That doesn't mean I could do better, or most people could for that matter."

Weak spot can be so relative. Even with diretcing being his 'weak spot' he is still one of the best directors in the business.

"It takes a lot of work and skill to create something as outstanding as SW. But if anything, he could probably benefit from a few pointers from others in the trade."

Of course he could. Everyone cna always beneift from that sort of thing. Other directors can learn a lot from him too...

Even with diretcing being his 'weak spot' he is still one of the best directors in the business.

I got you now, Volo. Not even you can actually believe such a completely ludicrous statement. You're just baiting, admit it. :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No. I won't admit it; because it's factual that he is one of the best directors in the history of Hollywood. I can name maybe 5 - maybe if I push it - that I would consider better. Maybe. The funny thing is I'm not the greatest SW fans as proven by the fact I have not evens een E3 yet, don't own any of the movies or merchandise, and only have own 2 SW products - the two KOTORs - and the reason I bought them had nothing to do with SW. In fact, i bought them inspite of the SW name..

I cna't believe youa re gonna count that as hype. Most peopel likely forgot all about Mr. Foreshadow well before NWN's release.

:devil:

It had lots of hype. Nowehre did I say it had as much hype as KOTOR though so why are suggetsing that I suggested that? All I said was that both KOTOR and TOEE were hyped way more than you suggested... not that their hype was equal to each other.

My mistake, my apologies.

That's true for any game. NWN is not unique or special in this aspect like you implied.

Well, by comparison, how many games benefited from hype that lasted for five years?

"My mistake, my apologies."

Don't apologize! The net is made for misunderstandings and misquotings; not apologizes and forgivenance. Besdies, I've posted quite a bit in this thread so it cna be easy to lose track on a certain thing. No worries.

Well, by comparison, how many games benefited from hype that lasted for five years?"

That came out? Probably not too many. I'd wager some games in the FPS genre do. And, oh, NWN wasn't hyped for 5 years. More like 3 years or so. It was in development for 5 years. In development does not = hype.

I can't, off hand however, name any game that was hyped for 5 actual years though I'm sure if I bothered to do a net search there are lots of games outside of NWN that also took 5 years to develope...

Lucas has only directed 6 films that have gotten a commercial release (i'm not sure THX 1138 got a release so it may be 5) and 4 of those were star wars. Thats hardly a sufficient body of work upon which to base a claim of greatness. (at least in direction)

Phrases like "he is still one of the best directors in the business" are vague and meaningless

At the end of the day its all subjective and people's perceptions of GL's directing skill are all opinions. But the general tone of Volourn's posts is that he is stating a fundamental law. But hey at least Nur ab sal agrees with you ...and thast got to count for something, right? :wub:

"But the general tone of Volourn's posts is that he is stating a fundamental law."

I am... just like SP, and others are... if they can do it; so can I. :wub:"

"But the general tone of Volourn's posts is that he is stating a fundamental law."

I am... just like SP, and others are... if they can do it; so can I. :p"

no there is a difference between a fact and a fundamental law :wub:

If you want to claim factually that George is a great screenwriter and director then you need evidence and best of luck finding any.

Just because he is succesful does not make him great ,or even good in those two fields.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"If you want to claim factually that George is a great screenwriter and director then you need evidence and best of luck finding any"

the proof is in his work. It's not my fault that you have given no proof on why he supposedly 'sucks' or is barely adequate.

LONG LIVE KING GEORGE! HE IS GEORGE LUCAS, AND HE IS STAR WARS!

the proof is in his work.

Indeed and his screenwriting and direction are indeed barely adequete. Still continue to dellude yourself if it makes you happy.

Unless your saying the dialogue in EP II makes him a great screenwriter :wub: And he always gets steller performances from his actors because hes a fantastic director. :p

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"are you just young?"

Are you just trolling?...

"Indeed and his screenwriting and direction are indeed barely adequete."

Your opinion.

As for his writing and directing; even with all its fualt it sure beats 99% of the crap that is passed along. That's for damn sure.

I consider it trolling as your question was intended as a flame,a nd insult against those who may be young as being immature. That just proves your immaturity to insult all young people.

Besides, my actual age has been shared so asking for me to repeat it is asking me to spam useless information.

I asked you kids to play nice, and you refused.

Now this is out of my hands...Donald Rumsfeld : Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy.

I asked you kids to play nice, and you refused.

Now this is out of my hands...Donald Rumsfeld : Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy.

Twin Cobra Fist!

rum2.jpg

White Axe Hand!

rum3.jpg

Grimace Palm!

rum4.jpg

Sleeping Dragon Technique!

rum5.gif

Evil Eye Style!

rum6.jpg

Mirror Swan Palm!

rum7.jpg

Fist of the West Side!

rum8.jpg

Viper Fang!

rum9.jpg

Drunken Temple Boxing!

rum10.jpg

Lion Claw Technique!

rum11.jpg

manthing2.jpg

it's factual that he is one of the best directors in the history of Hollywood. I can name maybe 5 - maybe if I push it - that I would consider better.

Hit me. :lol:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If you want to claim factually that George is a great screenwriter and director then you need evidence and best of luck finding any.

Just because he is succesful does not make him great ,or even good in those two fields.

Actually this is entirely matter of personal opinion. You won't find evidence for such thing, cause all evidence you can gather is "george is mediocre, his dialogue

sucks, his screenplays are stupid etc" and this is not evidence - this is just your personal point of view.

Oh, I forgot you are a moron who cannot understand this simple difference :lol:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.