GEORGE LUCAS PLANS KOTOR ERA MOVIE!

Nur Ab Sal

TheForce posted news about possible movies set in KOTOR Era Setting and that Lucas would probably hand such project to other director! HERE

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

It looks like he plans on listening to people who might or might not present him a project that would perhaps be set in the time of kotor. A lot of maybe's in this.

What a waste of time that was.

Is George Lucas even aware that Knights of the Old Republic exists? I think I read somewhere that he'd never read any of the EU books.

I'm sure there are enough movie directors who love Star Wars that Lucas could get a really good director for a new movie, if he were prepared not to intefere.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think a KOTOR trilogy would be enjoyable to watch.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I dont think he reads anything about the EU, the comic book characters he put into AotC and RotS he got from covers he passed by and thought looked cool.

Nurbs> you're fishing for straws.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'd really enjoy a Lego movie the clips in the game were hillarious and the whole being lego thing no one minds if everyone falls to pieces.

I'd rather see an EP IV to VI lego game first though.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Is George Lucas even aware that Knights of the Old Republic exists?  I think I read somewhere that he'd never read any of the EU books.

I'm sure there are enough movie directors who love Star Wars that Lucas could get a really good director for a new movie, if he were prepared not to intefere.

LOL, I doubt anyone expects to ever do a Star wars film WITH OUT Lucas interfering in some way.

At least until hes dead. Its his franchise and his baby regardless of who writes what out there. His word is god on the topic.

And really, thats the way it should be to be honest. Im not saying Lucas a great writer (Far from it as Episode 3 showed) but he created the franchise, he built it from the ground up, he deserves the accolades and profits that come from it IMO.

And really, thats the way it should be to be honest. Im not saying Lucas a great writer (Far from it as Episode 3 showed) but he created the franchise, he built it from the ground up, he deserves the accolades and profits that come from it IMO.

George gets very peeved when others do a better job than him(and people say so). I think one of the reasons that EPV is head and shoulders above the other SW movies when it comes to the bits that link the action scenes together is because other people were responsible for the details even though the story was his.

Perhaps as he gets older this will become less of an issue but even EPIII although it had some great action sequences still had the trademark ropey writing and direction and if we are honest if it wasnt a Star Wars film and didnt tap into that nostlagia vien we would likely laugh at it deriseively.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Please, god or buddha or whatever, make it so that this *never* comes to pass!

Lucas sux- I honestly don't want anything messing up the orderly old republic setting, as it now is. The film would probably star Arnold as Mandalore, anyway...

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Lucas proved that he not sucks with ROTS you madman.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Lucas proved that he not sucks with ROTS you madman.

Your joking. If you ignore the flashy CGI the direction and writing borders on abysmal. The only reason it gets an easy ride is because it's a Star Wars film and we look favourably on it no matter what.

478327[/snapback]

No I'm not. ROTS is best star wars movie ever, with better acting than two first prequels and greater depth than crappy old trilogy.

Ian McDiarmid alone makes this movie a masterpiece.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

It is better than the previous two, I think, I'll even say that I think it better than RoTJ! :ph34r:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

It is better than the previous two, I think, I'll even say that I think it better than RoTJ!  :ph34r:

Better than the previous two wouldnt be a great accomplishment to be honest. I think EP II set a new low when it came to dialogue.

478327[/snapback]

It is better than the previous two, I think, I'll even say that I think it better than RoTJ!  :ph34r:

Better than the previous two wouldnt be a great accomplishment to be honest. I think EP II set a new low when it came to dialogue.

I agree, but it is an improvement nonetheless.

Also I'm surprised I didn't get fanfried for the last part of my previous statement. :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

No I'm not. ROTS is best star wars movie ever, with better acting than two first prequels and greater depth than crappy old trilogy.

Ian McDiarmid alone makes this movie a masterpiece.

Dosnt even come close to EPV. But then EP V wasnt written (screenplay) or directed by George which really says it all.

His performace was good but only in the context of the movie. Not like he had a lot of competition on that score. George dosnt seem that good at drawing the best from his actors.

Reminds me of what Harrison Ford said. "You can write this **** but you can't say it".

478327[/snapback]

Goosh another worshipper of overrated old trilogy.

To me TESB doesn't even come close to ROTS... generation's difference

One half of TESB is loaded with boring and painful love scenes between han and leia and even more boring asteroid chase and snow battle that is really, really bad.

Any actor of OT doesn't stand slightest comparison with Ian McDiarmid from ROTS... except MCDiarmid of course :thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I agree, but it is an improvement nonetheless.

Also I'm surprised I didn't get fanfried for the last part of my previous statement.  :D

Not by me , unless you said EPV :thumbsup:

In that respect, I always did lik EPV the most. Although I do find a lot of the Luke/Dagobah scenes terrible boring (on part with every Anakin/Padme scene in existence).

I never did like Luke, Obi-Wan had so much more character and died too soon imo, too bad Sir Guinness hated working on the movie.

DENMARK!

Goosh another worshipper of overrated old trilogy.

To me TESB doesn't even come close to ROTS... generation's difference

One half of TESB is loaded with boring and painful love scenes between han and leia and even more boring chase and snow battle that is really, really bad.

Any actor of OT doesn't stand slightest comparison with Ian McDiarmid from ROTS... except MCDiarmid of course :thumbsup:

Another person who cant see beyond the CGI and flashy effects. Take those away and you get something that wouldnt look out of place in daytime soap. Especially anything between Anakin and Padme.

Sorry cant take anyone seriously who says the love scenes between Han and Leia were painful. Not when you compare them to those in EPII and III.

I can get you his autograph if you like, but your still talking nonsense.

478327[/snapback]

From my point of view you are talking nonsense. :thumbsup:

And for CGI: it's nice but what really moves me is excellent play of such actors as

Samuel Jackson, Christopher Lee, Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Ian McDiarmid. They simply own Ford, Fisher and Hamill pathetic performance. It's just a fact.

Also problems presented in Prequel Trilogy are more complex, more serious and more interesting than "fixing falcon's hyperdrive" and shooting to stormtroopers

which seems to be main problems of TESB primitive story.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: