How many titles are in development then?

DemonKing

Ok, we have project Delaware - does that mean that there is more than one title in development at Obsidian?

Otherwise you might as well just call Delaware "Obsidian's project".

On a side note, not sure if I like this "semi-announcement" of title code names after the Jefferson/VB debacles at BIS. Too many false hopes.

At least one.

Mystary.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Actually, they could have thirty projects going on at once if they wanted to. Back in the days, it only took ONE programmer to write an entire game from scratch. They even used to compose the music and make the sound effects themselves.. Nowadays they have 30 people on the same game, coding "modules".. Geez.

And I still think the Ultima's beat the crap out of 95% of todays RPG's!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Actually, they could have thirty projects going on at once if they wanted to. Back in the days, it only took ONE programmer to write an entire game from scratch. They even used to compose the music and make the sound effects themselves.. Nowadays they have 30 people on the same game, coding "modules".. Geez.

And I still think the Ultima's beat the crap out of 95% of todays RPG's!

Nowadays makes a lot more sense. Someone may be a good programmer but he may not be a good artist, music composer or story designer. For instance, I think I am a good programmer but I would never try to do art or music myself as I know I have no talent there nor would I ever try to be. Today's games are more complex than games back then. Besides, more than one person developing a game == game coming out sooner. That's always been the case. BioWare actually has 50-70 people working on Jade Empire. Whoever said console games are cheaper in general was full of it.

They COULD have thirty projects going on but they don't because it's impractical.

I agree about the Ultimas of course but even with Ultima 4 on there were more people involved than just Richard Garriot.

Bioware is not your typical console game maker either. For that matter, they aren't your typical PC game developer either. It'd be like comapring Squaresoft to the typical console agme maker, Blizzard to your typical PC game developer. Just wouldn't make sense. I do, agree, hwoever, it makes ense to have more than one person making a game nowadays sicne games *are* much more compex now. That said, i also agree that Ultima is bettee than the majhority of games that come out today, yesterday, and probably in the future too.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

i dont think obsidian has the manpower and resources for more then one project at a time.

Resources: provided by a third party.

Manpower: Obsidian is currently hiring.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Sammael is right. It strikes me as intriguing that Obsidian began hiring in a rather significant scale soon after Feargus had stated that they had twenty staff, which was enough for their project, and more would be a waste as they did not need any more for Delaware. Makes you think...

So honest, little Chris. :rolleyes: Obsidian has funds to afford more people? Feargus had implied that wasn't the case.

Nowadays, I wonder if it was really FOBOS that was Fallout Fantasy. Most of the rumours applied more to FOBOS than Fallout Fantasy (Lionheart)

could be, but FO:BOS didn't have anything to do with BIS, that entire game was in Interplay - thbomk. So, I still think it was Lionheart... though there were a lot of rumors flying about.

Ok, so it's great that you developer guys have a sense of humour and all (hrmm) but how about this idea for a change: answer the question asked?

How. Many. Titles. Are. In Development. Right. Now?

Please don't tell me that even that question is of the classified sort..? :(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!