homosexuality in RPGs

Aniki

Just smile, nod, realize he is a troll, or a person with very odd taste in webcomics for someone so 'old-fashioned' ([Yann's] avatar is a depiction of HK-47 from VG-Cats, one of the more well known strips in that comic is of Mario, coming to one of the castles, finding Toad, Toad says 'The Princess is not in this castle but another one' or some such, Mario says 'Who says I'm here for the Princess?', they proceed to turn the lights out and presumably have relations, considering the last panel is a Koopa turning on the light, while Mario and Toad have their pants down.  )

Anyhow...I'm back from So-Cal.

Is Yann Mario or the toad? :p"

It depends if he is on top or bottom!

Some would argue that all taboos (incest, homosexuality, pedophilia, etc.) are a result of fundamental biological processes built into our brains that ensure the diversity and thus survival of the human species.

I think there are some truths to this. But I also think that it's a bit naive to conjure the name of "natural biology" as some kind of sacred argument, unless said person is willing to condemn ALL the things humans have done that go up against "natural biology."

In fact, I think it'd be reasonable to say that one reason why the world is what it is today is due to mankind's defiance towards its instinctual nature. From this respect, it's not an issue that taboos exist - nor is it a problem that some choose to ignore them.

There are doors

Just smile, nod, realize he is a troll, or a person with very odd taste in webcomics for someone so 'old-fashioned' (His avatar is a depiction of HK-47 from VG-Cats, one of the more well known strips in that comic is of Mario, coming to one of the castles, finding Toad, Toad says 'The Princess is not in this castle but another one' or some such, Mario says 'Who says I'm here for the Princess?', they proceed to turn the lights out and presumably have relations, considering the last panel is a Koopa turning on the light, while Mario and Toad have their pants down.  )

Anyhow...I'm back from So-Cal.

Thanks. I know, I know. I do try not to let myself get baited by bigots, I really do. However, I was raised in an environment that taught that silence equals assent, so to say nothing is to do nothing, and it is worse to do nothing about a wise stance than it is to have a misguided one. Does that make any sense?

One changed mind can change the world (and other uncharacterist optimism...).

Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Cloris

However, I was raised in an environment that taught that silence equals assent, so to say nothing is to do nothing, and it is worse to do nothing about a wise stance than it is to have a misguided one.

But feeding a troll also empowers it.

Um. SW has had homosexuality in it...

I doubt King Lucas even knows about this, as he's yet to read a single EU book IIRC. Also, LA weren't even aware of Juhani's, er.."inception" until it was too late. In fact, they specifically instructed Obsidian to not employ any major "easter eggs" as a result. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

Why is everyone so certain Juhani is gay? I've heard the 'long nights together under the stars' dialogue many times and laughed, but this isn't nearly enough evidence. It's funny and all, but remember she's not actually gay.

Proving once again that it is better to give than receive ...

Is it now meta? Is it?!!

You sound like you have some thoughts on the matter ... I mean unless you are talking about tossing salads ... :shifty:

Why is everyone so certain Juhani is gay? I've heard the 'long nights together under the stars' dialogue many times and laughed, but this isn't nearly enough evidence. It's funny and all, but remember she's not actually gay.

Because, iIrc, Juhani was a romance option for the PC in K1. I would say that Bioware forgot to remove this option for female PCs, so there we have it. (Similar error and scenario in the first Star Trek Elite Force game, which was subsequently rectified in the next Elite Force game ... which is interesting in and of itself, because there is quite a bit of homosexual innuendo in Star Trek TNG, anyway.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Juhani is gay. The PC isn't the first lesbian relation she may have had. Talk to her Master, and then talk to a certain npc on the Sith World. And, actually, they didn't forget to remove her romance talk for females; they forgot to remove it for males. This is from BIO...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Juhani is gay. The PC isn't the first lesbian relation she may have had. Talk to her Master, and then talk to a certain npc on the Sith World. And, actually, they didn't forget to remove her romance talk for females; they forgot to remove it for males. This is from BIO...

Oh, so she's homosexual, not bisexual. Gotcha. So it's not like the error in Elite Force, then. :shifty:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

OMG look! Two girls kissing!

Dude, Bok, I was totally in Hollywood last Saturday night. Went to the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum and then to the Hard Rock Cafe. This was all with the Church Youth Group, so it was especially hilarious during the live music. :lol:

Proving once again that it is better to give than receive ...

Is it now meta? Is it?!!

You sound like you have some thoughts on the matter ... I mean unless you are talking about tossing salads ... :x

Are you implying that there is something wrong with greenery?