KoToR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Well I for one am a fan of the idea of having Revan or Exile return as the PC. Revan more since this seems to be all his story. It would be foolish for some young Jedi to come and claim Revans war, and win it without credit to the actual Hero of the series. Then again being the Exile is just as good, since he has control of the Hawk and the droids at least.

But who you are doesn't really matter at this point.

I feel the next game should really drive home the Galactic view of things. Thus having a game completely set in the unknown regions will not do. And a game about the search for Revan is stupid as hell, concidering this could be the last KOTOR game.

Planets:

Coruscant: Should be the best choice of planet for KOTOR 3. It houses the Senate and the Jedi Temple amoung other places of interest. Thus with the Senate you have your Galactic View. KOTOR 3 should be about a few months after 2. Kreia implied that the True Sith were ready for War, I doubt they are going to wait years to attack, especially when the Republic is in the worst of shapes.

Mandalore: Another planet of Interstest would be Mandalore, the home planet of the Mandalorians. I think this is also a good opportunity to fix the Mandalore that HK faught deal. Perhaps Canderous has returned to Mandalore to find it in his control, and thus a civil war has broken out between the forces loyal to either Mandalore.

Alderaan: A good choice of planet that has hardly been written about.

2 Unknown region planets( one being Sith)

Utopia: this planet seemed interesting in the movie

Party Members: Jolee, Bastila, Dustil, Atton, A Bothan Senator, Falleen, HK, T3,Mira

Non-Party Members(cameo appearances, secondary characters): Mandalore, Carth, Admiral Dodonna, Admiral Vanacus, Zaalbar(as wookie chieftain) and Mission, Cassus Fett(our new bounty hunter), Master Vima,

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Well that just gave me an idea to make a suggestion for K3 which I think is significant because it is present in nearly 90% of your KOTOR playing time: The appearance of your character's various body parts.

And I know that in K2 there is an effective facial generator for NPC's, which is an improvement from K1 since not everybody's face look alike anymore. Now how about extending this generator to not only make different faces, but different body features. This is so that no two NPC's will have exactly the same body.

I think that this is a really good idea to extend the face generator into generating different body parts as well. Think about the immersiveness this game would create by adding this whole new level of diversity. Thoughts?

K1 had different models for different classes: the Scoundrel was shorter and leaner than the Soldier; I wonder why this was not continued in K2? I agree that some diversification would be good -- even if it's random. As I've said elsewhere, the character generation phase is one that I tend to spend more time on than any other single area of game play, so the more choices I have to customise "my" PC helps to make a stronger "bond". ( :D )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

also, remember the *kind* of war the True Sith are waging. It is all about assassins with stealth generators, etc. It is a guerilla war.

Maybe that is why Revan went out to where he thought the Sith are at...to see how this terrorist organization can be shut down (in other words, this is not a matter of my armada versus your armada).

I suspect most of the game will be in Galactic space looking for clues and I suspect that the BIG BOSS will be Naga Sadow (who is being his arrogant, overreaching self again).

Revan and/or the Exile could be playable in the endgame but otherwise, it would be really hard to have either one as PC IMO.

Now feel free to flame me to death if this sounds stupid (As I am quick to do  )

I just wanted to run it past you all.

How about in KotOR 3 a force power that allows you to hide your true intentions, or maybe even at its simplest an extremely increased use of the [lie] function, that was apparent in the last two games, for example:

(In the most basic of terms)

Jedi Master: "You must defeat the sith lord!"

<Players Choices>

1) I will defeat the sith lord and won't take his place.

2) [lie] [force <whatever>] I will defeat the sith lord and won't take his place.

3) I am also a sith and I will defeat you instead.

And so on and so forth, understand the above is in its most basic terms, but you get the idea.

It may also add that manipulative touch the series has been lacking IMO, (ala-palpy)

And also be an in between to the: LS = Goodie 2 shoes, DS = Bully, and add a little bit of subtlety.

You could also do the LS side of things and still get DS points, and only reveal your plan, when it is too late 

Thoughts anyone?

In relevance to my above post, how about people respond to the types of robes you wear as a jedi, aswell as simply your rotten face?

Dark Jedi robes - Evil - Afraid, stuttery.

Jedi Robes - Good - Awe struck, groupie sort of thing :-

Though I don't think it should be so straight forward in regard to clothing, aka. white, good, black, bad. I still feel it would be an improvement over the current situation.

p.s. The relevance to my above post being, you could be a DS manipulator type character, wearing LS robes to add to effect.

Just another idea. :lol:

That would sort of screw any person who when playing LS put their PC in dark jedi robes.

also, remember the *kind* of war the True Sith are waging.  It is all about assassins with stealth generators, etc.  It is a guerilla war.

Maybe that is why Revan went out to where he thought the Sith are at...to see how this terrorist organization can be shut down (in other words, this is not a matter of my armada versus your armada).

I suspect most of the game will be in Galactic space looking for clues and I suspect that the BIG BOSS will be Naga Sadow (who is being his arrogant, overreaching self again).

Revan and/or the Exile could be playable in the endgame but otherwise, it would be really hard to have either one as PC IMO.

Has anyone thought that the battle with the "true sith" is not an actual physical battle.

also, remember the *kind* of war the True Sith are waging.  It is all about assassins with stealth generators, etc.  It is a guerilla war.

Highly doubt that. The True Sith are playing the same Game Palpatine played. Weaken the enemies then destroy them once and for all. The True swindled the Mandalorians into believing that a War with the Republic would be the great last battle. Thus the Mandalorians, the greatest army in the Galaxy, is weakened terribly, and are no large threat to the True Sith.

Revan figures something out about these True Sith(probably of there own design), and turns to the Darkside and trys to conquer the Galaxy as to make it stronger. Unfortunatly it seems the Dark Side has grown very strong, Revans plan is ruined by Bastila and the Jeid party. Ruined even more when a mindless Revan gets Revenge and destroys everything that could have been a help in destroying the True Sith. Of course Revan didn't realize this at the time.

Now comes the Exile. Who with Kreias influence ends up destroying the last of the Jedi and the last of the Revan/ Malak Sith.

No not a Guerillia War, just a very smart game that was brilliantly planned out in order to weaken any enemy that could take on the True Sith.

So therefore the Sith are Ready for War, and the Republic is not. At this point the Sith could attack and the Galaxy wouldn't be able to do a damn thing.

I'm afraid that KOTOR 3 will be plenty epic in the war department, and not some 40 hour game in which you hunt down a group of True Sith. WOW, that would have been a great ending to this trilogy.

I would also assume that while KOTOR and KOTOR 2 were going on the Sith also had dealings in trying to cause unrest in the Senate.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I think you're confusing the Sith Lords of KotOR2 with the true Sith - the assassins with stealth generators we see in KotOR2 are not the agents of the true Sith, but the agents of Sion and Nihilus, who do not belong to the true Sith's ranks, as they're both fallen jedi. The true Sith would consider them enemies as much as the Republic itself. So far we haven't seen the true Sith do anything at all, and we only know about them because Revan realized the potential danger they represented and then went to confront that danger rather than letting them build their forces until they were unstoppable.

As much as I actually like Naga Sadow, please no - we've had this guy die several times over and still come back wreak havoc. Enough already! Besides, Naga Sadow was basically exiled from the Sith empire and stranded on Yavin IV more than a thousand years before KotOR1. I'd much rather have some new true Sith dark lord who has explored all of Naga Sadow's secrets. In fact, my own suggestion for a plot has Revan turned to the dark side and exploring Sadow's secret base on Khar Shian just to be able to wrestle the title of dark lord away from the true Sith ruler.

I agree. At least I do after a fashion. I do see Revan and the Exile as playable PCs in KotOR3, but not until quite far into the game. And they would (and should) be essential and playable characters in the endgame.

First time poster here, but I've been posting about KOTOR III over at IGN.

Here are a few general ideas for KOTOR 3:

==============================

A Force Sensitive travels to Coruscant in hope of being trained to become a Jedi. Upon arrival, the Jedi Temple is empty due to the Jedi Civil War. This Force Sensitive wanders the temple and finds several Holocrons made by Jedi Masters. Using these mysterious artifacts the Force Sensitive begins to train himself/herself to use the Force.

Using the Jedi Archives, the Force Sensitive learns of the Jedi and the Sith and the ensuing wars between the two factions of Force users. Upon learning how to make a lightsaber the spirit of a dead Jedi Master reveals itself to the Force Sensitive and charges him with finding his Padawan, who is now a Jedi Master.

And so the Force Sensitive sets out to find this Jedi Master who can take him/her on as a Padawan/Apprentice. This journey will eventually take him/her into the Outer Rim where Revan and the Exile are located. After being detached from his/her Jedi Master (either by slaying him or dies at the hands of a Sith), the Force Sensitive finds an Apprentice to train in the ways of the Force to conquer the growing threat located in the Outer Rim.

Some things that I would like to see in KOTOR 3:

==================================

1.) Better character customization (more races, background info such as home planet, etc.)

2.) Hooded robes

3.) Unique lightsaber handles and hilts (which along with KOTOR2 lightsaber would make the saber complete).

4.) Rare holocron artifacts that teach powerful force powers/techniques not taught anywhere else. (Hard to find items)

5.) Ability to have a Padawan/Apprentice

6.) New planets, temples, ruins, and exotic locale to explore.

7.) Fewer party members or the ability to choose from dozens of different NPCs.

8.) Realistic darkside temptations.

9.) A better romanctic sub-plot, like in KOTOR 1 with Bastila.

10.) And of course the return of the personal lightsaber crystal.

1.) Better character customization (more races, background info such as home planet, etc.)

2.) Hooded robes

3.) Unique lightsaber handles and hilts (which along with KOTOR2 lightsaber would make the saber complete).

4.) Rare holocron artifacts that teach powerful force powers/techniques not taught anywhere else. (Hard to find items)

Good ideas. BTW, aren't you on my friends list on Xbox Live? Or is this some extreme coincidence that you have the same name as the person I played with in Republic Commando and Halo2?

Despite any other good ideas, you immediately lost my interest when you said the K1 romance was good. <_<

What!?! You didn't like Bastila and Revan romance!?! I could understand the Carth and female Revan but, Bastila and Revan? What, do you want it to be like KOTOR2 were there is no romance at all!?!

It was forced, poorly designed, cliched, obvious, and overall a waste of resouces. In short, no I didnt like it. And I do not mind romances; I simply ask that they are well implemented.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Darth Nuke, I hope you are right. If there is going to be a bloody war, why the heck can't we fight in it!

I'm hoping KOTOR III is epic with a capital E. No question about it.

I agree that the True Sith are "playing both sides" as with Palpatine.

The Revan/Malak Sith are basically the Trade Federation in all this.

Again, I HOPE that is what we get.

It was forced, poorly designed, cliched, obvious, and overall a waste of resouces. In short, no I didnt like it. And I do not mind romances; I simply ask that they are well implemented.

the best way to have a "true romance" in the Star Wars setting is to make it tragic (i.e. Bastila getting kidnapped). they apparently did not want to do that this time around so they just had a number of teaser, non-romances.

makes sense, you have to lay off the cliches once in a while to make them effective.

As much as I actually like Naga Sadow, please no - we've had this guy die several times over and still come back wreak havoc. Enough already! Besides, Naga Sadow was basically exiled from the Sith empire and stranded on Yavin IV more than a thousand years before KotOR1. I'd much rather have some new true Sith dark lord who has explored all of Naga Sadow's secrets. In fact, my own suggestion for a plot has Revan turned to the dark side and exploring Sadow's secret base on Khar Shian just to be able to wrestle the title of dark lord away from the true Sith ruler.

All I know is, they left the door WIDE OPEN in the KOTOR Chronicles when it comes to Naga Sadow.

The PC should not be a Jedi.

The Jedi Order is dead, vanished.

While the idea of having an apprentice, or Padawan, certainly sounds fun, it wouldn't fit in with the current storyline. I suggest a new person, completely new to the Force. You were not a

General

or Dark Lord of the Sith before the game. You are, instead, a person with an unusually strong connection to the Force. Your potential has to be found as well, by a Master. I suggest one of the Gray Jedi, perhaps one that left the Jedi years ago, before the Mandalorian War, but out of his/her own choice, not because of some silly exile. I also propose this Master to be male, seeing as Kreia, a female, was your Master of sorts in TSL. Perhaps even Jolee Bindo, seeing as the Light side version of KotOR I is considered canonical, which means he is alive and kicking. The PC also needs some sort of reason to find Revan and the Exile.

Next, no Ebon Hawk.

The Ebon Hawk was destroyed in TSL, as it crashed on Malachor V. See the movie callled 'Death of The Ebon Hawk' in the movies section of TSL. The Exile does infact leave Malachor V aboard a space shuttle with all his companions, not aboard the Ebon Hawk.

Bastila should be a joinable NPC, not that I like her, but because of her relationship with Revan (canonical) she may know where to find him, and finding Revan would be a big part of the game, at least in the earlier levels. HK-47 is a must, of course, as is T3-M4. Canderous and Carth would certainly be too busy to adventure. I think there should be many new characters, time to bring in some fresh blood.

Anyways, just my two cents. For now.

The Ebon Hawk did NOT die.

Unless that's what you wanted to happen, fine.

And neither did the

Jedi and their academy's

, necessarily

I was hoping for something like that as well, skywalker, but I sort of had the impression Revan was initially doing something like that himself.

First time poster here, but I've been posting about KOTOR III over at IGN.

Here are a few general ideas for KOTOR 3:

==============================

A Force Sensitive travels to Coruscant in hope of being trained to become a Jedi. Upon arrival, the Jedi Temple is empty due to the Jedi Civil War. This Force Sensitive wanders the temple and finds several Holocrons made by Jedi Masters. Using these mysterious artifacts the Force Sensitive begins to train himself/herself to use the Force. 

Using the Jedi Archives, the Force Sensitive learns of the Jedi and the Sith and the ensuing wars between the two factions of Force users. Upon learning how to make a lightsaber the spirit of a dead Jedi Master reveals itself to the Force Sensitive and charges him with finding his Padawan, who is now a Jedi Master.

And so the Force Sensitive sets out to find this Jedi Master who can take him/her on as a Padawan/Apprentice. This journey will eventually take him/her into the Outer Rim where Revan and the Exile are located.  After being detached from his/her Jedi Master (either by slaying him or dies at the hands of a Sith), the Force Sensitive finds an Apprentice to train in the ways of the Force to conquer the growing threat located in the Outer Rim.

2.) Hooded robes

I pretty sure that all of these ideas have been said on these forums at least once but they are all good ideas.

the best way to have a "true romance" in the Star Wars setting is to make it tragic (i.e. Bastila getting kidnapped). they apparently did not want to do that this time around so they just had a number of teaser, non-romances.

makes sense, you have to lay off the cliches once in a while to make them effective.

I am not sure about a tragic romance but a tragic story like thoughs from antiquite would be pretty cool idea to explore. Most will probably think its stupid idea but o'well.

Altho many of you have expressed disinterest about having Naga Sadow as a Sith Lord I seriously think the have to deal with his death bcos when Luke Skywalker establishes jis Jedi Academ on the Massassi temple ruins there is no mention of any frozen Sith lord. :blink:

I am not sure about a tragic romance but a tragic story like thoughs from antiquite would be pretty cool idea to explore. Most will probably think its stupid idea but o'well.

Anything that adds much-needed depth to the characters and narrative is a Good Thing in my book. :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The chronicles are not a good source for correct continuity. Naga Sadow was finished off by Freedom Nadd. So he is dead for good.

I agree that the Chronicles are for the purposes of the KOTOR games, not official continuity (although that is getting increasingly hard to define).

But just as they introduced someone more awesome than Vader and Luke, they could bring back one of the ancient Sith guys too if they really wanted.

Guess we will have to wait and see.