KoToR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Make race matter.  For example, a potential Wookiee group member would not normally ally to a party of Trandoshans, therefore, eliminating them from a group-unless the party proves themselves worthy with side-quests, or something of that nature-whereas a more

Make race matter.  For example, a potential Wookiee group member would not normally ally to a party of Trandoshans, therefore, eliminating them from a group-unless the party proves themselves worthy with side-quests, or something of that nature-whereas a more

i'm all for more party members but i think it oughtta depend on alignment who you get.

I generally agree...I would say MOST of the time, it is based on alignment. But there could be a few that are based on gender (i.e. Mical the Disciple) and some based on faction affiliation and still others based on what aliens you already have on your ship.

Also, the ability to PURCHASE SENTIENT DROIDS would be nice....DSers would probably have to do that to compensate for the fact that most of the NPCs would not want to join them.

And again, there are the "automatic" party members and the ones that you have to go out of your way to get.

And only the Carth/Atton character should be absolutely non-replaceable.

Your Force mentor is NOT a passenger on your ship.

i'm all for more party members but i think it oughtta depend on alignment who you get.

i'll still want to mixed of the first two crews. and revan or exile back as the pc

I'd still like fewer, but better developed, party members. Maybe a total of 8, but you could only get a maximum of 5 due to alignment - I prefer to have as deep and involving a story as possible, and too many possibilities for NPCs could be a restriction on involving them in the main plot. Still, if they can manage to pull off twenty extremely well-written characters, then we're both happy.

Part of me would love to have the old gangs from Kotors 1 and 2 back, but part of me is very worried about how well the writers could make it work. Unless you start Kotor 3 from the moment Kotor 2 'ended', there's no reason for such a diverse group of people all to be together.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Part of me would love to have the old gangs from Kotors 1 and 2 back, but part of me is very worried about how well the writers could make it work.  Unless you start Kotor 3 from the moment Kotor 2 'ended', there's no reason for such a diverse group of people all to be together.

I agree. The best way to use the old gang is with cameos and plot devices (i.e. Admiral Carth Onasi).

I like the Ideas  you just gave...but, I would feel cheated if Revan was not the PC PC.  There is a connection with the character, and personally I would rather finish his story off myself, rather than having to get connected to a new character who finishes the story for him.  Quite frankly, this saga is really about him, and lets be frank, most of us were quite pissed not being able to be/use him in KOTOR II.  I WANT TO BE REVAN AGAIN.  He was far more interesting than the Exile, who was still quite interesting in his own right.

The problem with Revan being the PC is that he regained his memories. He's not our character anymore.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think that if you go further into the Dark path, fewer goody-two-shoes dialogue options should be available to you. And if you go further down the Light path, you get less choice of evil dialogues. To keep with consistency.

Personally, I would like the chance to play as a Jedi Master.

I reckon it would be fun to train a few padawans. It could be like if you do it wrong they could go darkside or something....

Sort of like when you show your companions the force in KOTOR 2, but instead they come and talk to you every now and again and ask questions about the force.

As a master you must do your best to answer these questios and guide your students in the right direction.

Also I would like to see a list of conversation choises that do not have Lightside as number 1,2,3 and Darkside as number 5,6,7 or whatever.

In other words, you would have to think carefully and read what you are about to say, rather than pressing 1 continuosly to skip conversations. :blink:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I reckon it would be fun to train a few padawans. It could be like if you do it wrong they could go darkside or something....

Sort of like when you show your companions the force in KOTOR 2, but instead they come and talk to you every now and again and ask questions about the force.

Absolutley agree! Cut back on the number of adepts but increase the quality and intensity of the Jedi/Padawan relationship or Sith/Dark Adept relationship.

Also, send your Padawan out on missions....good way to have more multithreaded aspects.

Hello all,

Having read many of the ideas for K3 on this board, I have since decided to sign up for this forum and speak of my own ideas regarding the storyline for K3 could possibly work. Please bear with me.

At the start of K3 your party should consist of 3 Sith Lords characters (Atton, Bao-Dur, etc). These characters should be the 3 \'non injured\' characters from the entire party, not including T3 who left with the Exile. The other party members made a camp away from the ship and heal the injured members (meeting up with Mira after her \'friendly\' reunion), only to notice that T3 had went missing. Shortly the sound of engines reaches the camp and the Ebon Hawk is seen flying off (Add discussions of party members where appropriate).

One of the Party members notices a canister that is lying on the ledge near where the Ebon Hawk crashed. Opening this up, the party notices a holodisk containing the coordinates of a ship. This turns out to be Hanharrs ship that was used to get to the ending (won\'t name the last planet on this forum for obvious reasons). Suddenly, chaos, earthquakes, planet starts breaking up, etc.

The Party immediately sets off for Planet X (Have not decided on good location for \'new\' Jedi sanctuary, please give ideas). There they consolidate. Some members heading off to investigate where Revan and Exile might have went (checking old entries in galactic libraries, looking for clues). The others starting new Jedi Sanctuary and training facility.

At this stage, we jump ahead one year. The character creation screen comes up, and you build the new \'You\'. A young, successful Padewan of the new sanctuary, along with a small group of other classmates, just about to graduate (not sure of proper star wars term). The masters being some of the Exile\'s gang, possibly including Atris (I am uncertain as to what happened to her, though i remember having the option to save her of sorts) as the Librarian/Reformed guide.

Your first missions are of a normal variety, Jedi type missions. You outperform your other classmates and are selected for a special mission to Onderon. The Queen has asked for assistance regarding an upsurge of \'Vaklu\' supporters, who, with strange powers, managed to wrest many outlying townships from government control....Supporters sporting possible Jedi-like powers and Red Light Sabers...

The Rest of the game I have not thought of in too much detail, so I will outline a few views of what I think may be good ideas, please feel free to debate them and add to them/improve them.

Planets: These should consist of many \'normal\' worlds (Outer and possibly inner Rim worlds) and 1-2 Sith worlds discoverable some time in the game.

Revan and Exile: These are only my thoughts and I know this is a contentious issue so please give points. I believe these characters should be given gender and look from the first games. They need to be cemented if they appear in this game, unless they have died, and I believe that many, like myself, would be slightly pissed if this was the occurance.

Revan:

First possibility; Male Jedi Guardian with the Keanu Reeves type face. Out of a bad bunch of faces, this is the only guy who looks the part to my mind for a male Revan.

Female Jedi Consular with the pink lipsticked, two strands of hair over the side of her face avatar. Or the pic of the woman that has only a top knot and shaved head. These speak Revan to me for some reason.

Exile:

I Really believe the Exile should be a Male, and amid the howls of protest, I will outline why i believe this. The female pics are too young. This guy was a General, which to me, implies that he should be at least 30 years of Age. The Female pics seem to be largely too young to fit this bill so.....

Male Jedi Blue lightsaber one handed Guardian, my personal favourite Exile. The Bearded Obi Wanish white face. This guy has always been \'The Exile\' in my minds eye. Definately General like, and looks older than almost all the other faces.

2 other possibilities; Black bald face with light beard. Again, this guy speaks General to me. Looks experienced.

I have other ideas on the rest of the story, but would like to formulate them a bit more first.

Thanks for reading.

As a master you must do your best to answer these questios and guide your students in the right direction.

Also I would like to see a list of conversation choises that do not have Lightside as number 1,2,3 and Darkside as number 5,6,7 or whatever.

In other words, you would have  to think carefully and read what you are about to say, rather than pressing 1 continuosly to skip conversations. :lol:

Maybe they should make a it where the choices appear in a random order so it is not the same all the time.

Hello all,

Having read many of the ideas for K3 on this board, I have since decided to sign up for this forum and speak of my own ideas regarding the storyline for K3 could possibly work. Please bear with me.

At the start of K3 your party should consist of 3 Sith Lords characters (Atton, Bao-Dur, etc). These characters should be the 3 \'non injured\' characters from the entire party, not including T3 who left with the Exile. The other party members made a camp away from the ship and heal the injured members (meeting up with Mira after her \'friendly\' reunion), only to notice that T3 had went missing. Shortly the sound of engines reaches the camp and the Ebon Hawk is seen flying off (Add discussions of party members where appropriate).

One of the Party members notices a canister that is lying on the ledge near where the Ebon Hawk crashed. Opening this up, the party notices a holodisk containing the coordinates of a ship. This turns out to be Hanharrs ship that was used to get to the ending (won\'t name the last planet on this forum for obvious reasons). Suddenly, chaos, earthquakes, planet starts breaking up, etc.

The Party immediately sets off for Planet X (Have not decided on good location for \'new\' Jedi sanctuary, please give ideas). There they consolidate. Some members heading off to investigate where Revan and Exile might have went (checking old entries in galactic libraries, looking for clues). The others starting new Jedi Sanctuary and training facility.

At this stage, we jump ahead one year. The character creation screen comes up, and you build the new \'You\'. A young, successful Padewan of the new sanctuary, along with a small group of other classmates, just about to graduate (not sure of proper star wars term). The masters being some of the Exile\'s gang, possibly including Atris (I am uncertain as to what happened to her, though i remember having the option to save her of sorts) as the Librarian/Reformed guide.

Your first missions are of a normal variety, Jedi type missions. You outperform your other classmates and are selected for a special mission to Onderon. The Queen has asked for assistance regarding an upsurge of \'Vaklu\' supporters, who, with strange powers, managed to wrest many outlying townships from government control....Supporters sporting possible Jedi-like powers and Red Light Sabers...

The Rest of the game I have not thought of in too much detail, so I will outline a few views of what I think may be good ideas, please feel free to debate them and add to them/improve them.

Planets: These should consist of many \'normal\' worlds (Outer and possibly inner Rim worlds) and 1-2 Sith worlds discoverable some time in the game.

Revan and Exile: These are only my thoughts and I know this is a contentious issue so please give points. I believe these characters should be given gender and look from the first games. They need to be cemented if they appear in this game, unless they have died, and I believe that many, like myself, would be slightly pissed if this was the occurance.

Revan:

First possibility; Male Jedi Guardian with the Keanu Reeves type face. Out of a bad bunch of faces, this is the only guy who looks the part to my mind for a male Revan.

Female Jedi Consular with the pink lipsticked, two strands of hair over the side of her face avatar. Or the pic of the woman that has only a top knot and shaved head. These speak Revan to me for some reason.

Exile:

I Really believe the Exile should be a Male, and amid the howls of protest, I will outline why i believe this. The female pics are too young. This guy was a General, which to me, implies that he should be at least 30 years of Age. The Female pics seem to be largely too young to fit this bill so.....

Male Jedi Blue lightsaber one handed Guardian, my personal favourite Exile. The Bearded Obi Wanish white face. This guy has always been \'The Exile\' in my minds eye. Definately General like, and looks older than almost all the other faces.

2 other possibilities; Black bald face with light beard. Again, this guy speaks General to me. Looks experienced.

I have other ideas on the rest of the story, but would like to formulate them a bit more first.

Thanks for reading.

Better than some I have read but still I don't like the idea of continuing the plot line from the first two games. Just one problem withyour idea. It only takes one year to recruite and train a group of padawans.

I have no idea how long it takes for newbies to be trained... Luke Skywalker certainly didn't take all that long, and he kicked Vaders Arse. Just saying that its not impossible for this to happen.

I personally enjoy the storyline from the games, though that is just my opinion.

Goto and Remote:This is my thought and a possible solution.

somone 'fixed' goto earlier in the game if you remember a certain cutscreen...Perhaps he fixed him in a certain way..

Goto is just about to deliver the coups de grace to remote (add in various Goto like threats etc), when remote initiates a terminal protocol that was added in along with the maintenance earlier in the game.

I think the dark side dialog options should be a little less obvious. They should be options that could be considered "doing the right thing". They should be somewhat tempting to even a jedi. Sort of the easiest way to do something, but not necessarily the "jedi way" of doing it. Later in the game as your character becomes more Dark the choices would maybe be more obvious.

I think that the third game should take place sometime after the events of TSL, to give time to train new padawans. I think that ar the first character creation screen, you choose your character, and then, as a prologue, explore the acadamy and brush up on your final training, before your final test. During your final test, how you answer some questions and how you tackle some problems determine which Jedi master takes you on. In one of the initial conversations, you should be able to determine Revan/Exiles past/gender etc.

Later in the game, you should take on a padawan of your choice, and train him.

I think that the third game should take place sometime after the events of TSL, to give time to train new padawans. I think that ar the first character creation screen, you choose your character, and then, as a prologue, explore the acadamy and brush up on your final training, before your final test. During your final test, how you answer some questions and how you tackle some problems determine which Jedi master takes you on. In one of the initial conversations, you should be able to determine Revan/Exiles past/gender etc.

Later in the game, you should take on a padawan of your choice, and train him.

I agree. The story should begin with the main character having grown up in the academy. The storylines where you have to discover your force powers and earn your lightsaber are getting a bit old. I'd prefer to start out as a padawan in the academy just prior to my knight trials.

I think the dark side dialog options should be a little less obvious.  They should be options that could be considered "doing the right thing".  They should be somewhat tempting to even a jedi.  Sort of the easiest way to do something, but not necessarily the "jedi way" of doing it.  Later in the game as your character becomes more Dark the choices would maybe be more obvious.

I think I've mentioened this myself sometime ago, not all good choices have to have good outcomes, as the saying goes:

'the road to hell is paved with good intentions'

Therefore not necessarily doing the right thing, is the right idea as it may harm other ppl in the process, like for instance if a Jedi believed in peace before fighting so much, would it be right for him/her to negotiate with the enemy while they burned entire worlds to the ground??? Would that be the right thing to do? It might be, as Obi-wan once said, "from a certain point of view".

Now feel free to flame me to death if this sounds stupid (As I am quick to do  )

I just wanted to run it past you all.

How about in KotOR 3 a force power that allows you to hide your true intentions, or maybe even at its simplest an extremely increased use of the [lie] function, that was apparent in the last two games, for example:

(In the most basic of terms)

Jedi Master: "You must defeat the sith lord!"

<Players Choices>

1) I will defeat the sith lord and won't take his place.

2) [lie] [force <whatever>] I will defeat the sith lord and won't take his place.

3) I am also a sith and I will defeat you instead.

And so on and so forth, understand the above is in its most basic terms, but you get the idea.

It may also add that manipulative touch the series has been lacking IMO, (ala-palpy)

And also be an in between to the: LS = Goodie 2 shoes, DS = Bully, and add a little bit of subtlety.

You could also do the LS side of things and still get DS points, and only reveal your plan, when it is too late 

Thoughts anyone?

In relevance to my above post, how about people respond to the types of robes you wear as a jedi, aswell as simply your rotten face?

Dark Jedi robes - Evil - Afraid, stuttery.

Jedi Robes - Good - Awe struck, groupie sort of thing :p

Though I don't think it should be so straight forward in regard to clothing, aka. white, good, black, bad. I still feel it would be an improvement over the current situation.

p.s. The relevance to my above post being, you could be a DS manipulator type character, wearing LS robes to add to effect.

Just another idea. :)

Well that just gave me an idea to make a suggestion for K3 which I think is significant because it is present in nearly 90% of your KOTOR playing time: The appearance of your character's various body parts.

After close examination of the models in the game I do not see a single difference between a female's rump and a males rump (not that it should make a big difference, because as in real life some men have rumps the shape of a woman's and some women have a rump the shape of a man's. So I just want to suggest that in K3, I think that it would be fitting if we can choose not only our gender and our facial appearance but other body part features such as big biceps/breasts, muscular thighs, tight buttocks, skinny hands, etc. Both genders will have all options opened to them. After all, if you're stuck with seeing a character for 90% of your game time, you might as well make that character look nice.

And I know that in K2 there is an effective facial generator for NPC's, which is an improvement from K1 since not everybody's face look alike anymore. Now how about extending this generator to not only make different faces, but different body features. This is so that no two NPC's will have exactly the same body. Some random female might be obese stomach-wise with long arms, short legs, large feet, small sized buttocks, huge breasts, and long neck while a random male can be thin, have large hands, short neck, muscular chest, tight buttocks and huge triceps, huge feet, and short legs. It really would add to the immersiveness to the SW universe, IMO.

I think that this is a really good idea to extend the face generator into generating different body parts as well. Think about the immersiveness this game would create by adding this whole new level of diversity. Thoughts?