1. 1. The most pathetic group of nerds are:

• Trekkers
    • Star Wars nerds
    • D&D bums
    • LoTR toadies
    • Harry Potter worshippers
    • Splatterfilm fanatics
    • Anime & Manga freaks

HP books have more plot holes than jk rowlings life is worth and the movies are just an embarrasment to british citizens everywhere.

so really no one above the age of 12 would be a HP fan unless your counting the sad sad people at mugglenet.

and trekkies are just as bad...not only does the star trek tv series suck beyond all logic and belief but trekkies have a tendancy to look like fat goofy pimple faced geeks sporting T-shirts that say '' I Luv (insert ugly alien female character from star trek here)''.

but not all of them are like that so no hard feelings

I love the HP books. I can't put them down. And the movies are excellent. You won't see me showing up to the premiere in robes carrying a broom, but I'd still call myself a fan.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My Grandad is a Harry Potter fan. :thumbsup:

As is my Dad, and my Grandmother. This is why I always pipe in when people say Harry Potter is overrated. When a children's series can attract millions of fans of every age, its not overrated.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

When a children's series can attract millions of fans of every age, its not overrated.

FINALLY, someone on my side in this thread.

The books are interesting and fun to read. WHAT is the problem?

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

When a children's series can attract millions of fans of every age, its not overrated.

FINALLY, someone on my side in this thread.

Jealousy.

It should'a been me wot wrote them stories; I had all those great ideas but she stole 'em and published 'em first, init. Now no one will buy my stories because hers are made into movies and stuff. Cow.

:cool:

Even though I like Star Trek I would have to vote for the saddos that wear pointy ears and dress up and go to conventions etc. They do worry me a lot. I guess it's better they're all there in one place, in case we have to spray / sterilise / imprison them. Also, while there at any of the endless conventions they aren't exposing themselves to innocent people in public parks. ;)"

At least Star Trek tries to explain the science behind the art. GL has created such a convoluted and abstruse universe for SW that no-one even bothers to try to explain the science behind it -- why bother, "It's just the way Lucas says it is" -- we have a universe and its living god! :thumbsup:

Then again, there are at least as many people who wear costumes to SW premiers (and remember SW caters for weirdos with a pet fetish). ;) :ph34r:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That your methods of expressing appreciation are somewhat.. unsound.

Furthermore, just because a book is an entertaining read, it does not mean it posseses any greater qualities. To quote Tarantino "Sewer rat may taste like f*cking pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf*cker."

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

[targetmode]

I love HP, SW, DnD and LOTR. I am a 27 years old male

[/targetmode]

As for HP:

I love it, but I don't live it. I've read the books a few times. My brother, sister and mother (all older than me) have all read it and loved it. But I don't dress as any character in the books (that's sick, not only for HP, but for anything) and I don't buy any merchandise. That's a pretty good story, IMO. Any fandom taken to extremes is sick.

Oh, and Silver, I'm french-speaking. :cool:

[targetmode]

I love HP, SW and LOTR. I am a 27 years old male

[/targetmode]

As for HP:

I love it, but I don't live it. I've read the books a few times. My brother, sister and mother (all older than me) have all read it and loved it. But I don't dress as any character in the books (that's sick, not only for HP, but for anything) and I don't buy any merchandise. That's a pretty good story, IMO. Any fandom taken to extremes is sick.

Oh, and Silver, I'm french-speaking.  :cool:

And I suppose you aren't going to buy one of these ...? :wub:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That your methods of expressing appreciation are somewhat.. unsound.

"My" methods of appreciation are unsound? HOW so, exactly? Am I an obsessive fan who dresses up or secretly fantasizes about going to Hogwarts or hangs out in a HP forum?

Um... NO!

Yes, I like the f'n books. Yes, I've read them a few times and liked them a lot. Yes I've seen the movies and I also liked them.

Exactly which part of that makes me "unsound"? It's not like my life revolves around the bloody story.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I'm sure for Kaftan you have to analyze every little bit of a book or a movie to truly appreciate it. I find this boring and it kills the appreciation I might have if I do that. There is nothing perfect.

Oh, dont be so denying, Miss Silvershadow. We know all about the activities of you and others of your ilk. So go on up now and confess, you'll feel much better afterwards!

tt3.jpg

And if not, I shall have to inform you that we have four.. five ways of torture! Quite heiniuous and terrible torture, I might add.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, I do have a HP desktop calendar... but it was a gift (which kind of gave me a bit of a "WTF?" when I got it... what a waste of money that was!), and it's at home on my piano gathering dust AND I haven't ripped off any pages since January.

I will admit to nothing else! I haven't even pre-ordered the 6th book yet! *gasp* And I can't even remember what its title is! *double gasp*

If I'm an obsessive fan, I'm a pretty sad excuse for one. :lol:

(I didn't expect some kind of Spanish Inquisition! :p )

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

(I didn't expect some kind of Spanish Inquisition! :lol: )

spanish.jpg

NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!!