1. 1. The most pathetic group of nerds are:

• Trekkers
    • Star Wars nerds
    • D&D bums
    • LoTR toadies
    • Harry Potter worshippers
    • Splatterfilm fanatics
    • Anime & Manga freaks

Your parents dont prefer you to be normal? What kind of parenting is that?! If I were you, Id sue my parents for denying me my god-given right to a normal inhibited upbringing designed to crush my spirit with enforced conformism and the induce lifelong and self-esteem crushing feelings of guilty inadequacy, that every child deserves.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ill go see it just to see a lot of severly annoying actors die die! DIEEE!!!

I just heard

Natalie Portman

will bite the dust, this pleases me greatly.

"You're breaking my heart! *splatt*

Ya, that line has caused me to cringe, all of the 4000 times I've seen it lately. As an avid fan of her "qualities" up till now I really want to blame George Lucas for this, but time will tell.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Your parents dont prefer you to be normal? What kind of parenting is that?! If I were you, Id sue my parents for denying me my god-given right to a normal inhibited upbringing designed to crush my spirit with enforced conformism and the induce lifelong and self-esteem crushing feelings of guilty inadequacy, that every child deserves.

you know .. I was considering that .. but it was just too out of the ordinary to do it .. which would make them kinda happy!

see my dilemma?

Fortune favors the bald.

It would make your parents happy, Silver. :rolleyes:

I think my parents would also be happy if I could find a relationship with a nice French boy, one that would last longer than 3 years, move back to my home town, and get a steady, well-paying government job, but I don't see that happening either. :thumbsup:"

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

The generic parental wish list

1. Get a nice job

2. Get a nice wife

3. Get nice children

4. Come visit us sometimes but not too often

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

When she said "boy" i don't think she meant literally...

Bwahahahahaha!!

And by "French" I meant one who speaks the language. I have a history of dating only anglos since high school. My English is now better than my French. I think my dad is THIS close to disowning me. :rolleyes:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Stop making fun of my age :)

I'm sorry, you're knowingly hitting on a woman roughly 14 to 15 years your senior... :) You're begging for cracks about your age.
The generic parental wish list

1. Get a nice job

2. Get a nice wife

3. Get nice children

4. Come visit us sometimes but not too often

My parents' wish list:

1. Get a grown-up job that pays well. Not that radio thing or whatever it is you do.

2. Stop wasting your money on computer games, computer ugrades, video game consoles...

3. Get a nice boyfriend

4. One who speaks French

5. I've given up on you ever having children (well, okay, that's not so much a wish as it is a statement)

6. Move back here, because I don't want to have to drive for 5 hours or make a long distance phone call whenever I feel the urge to nag and talk about how sad your life is compared to your brothers'.

And if they knew how much time I spend on this board, they'd probably add:

7. Stop talking about that Star Wars game so much! And what's with you and writing about that Atton guy?

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

13... 14... 15... WHATEVER. :)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Your job is steady ...and how bout a nice Romanian boy.... :)

Aren't Romanian males famous for going through puberty very late in life, @ 24

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

O...kay...

Back on topic, boys? PLEASE? :ph34r:

Start making fun of HP fans again. At least that was less disturbing.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

This is bit off topic, but here goes...

For a life less ordinary, try marrying an otaku

By KAORI SHOJI

Wedding bells rang for my friend Yoshika six months ago and last night a bunch of us got together over drinks to hear all about it -- her new life as a wife to a genuine, full-fledged ota-yome (wife of an otaku or "nerd").

The ota-yome's life of course, isn't easy -- Yoshika's take on it is: sugoku henna kotoga oi (there are many very strange things). And it should be noted that Yoshika went into this with her eyes wide open, since she herself was a puchi-otaku (petit otaku, or fledgling otaku) to begin with. She had publicly declared that she loved her i-Book more than her fiance, had watched "Eba (Evangelion)," the definitive otaku anime movie directed by otaku kingpin Hideaki Anno) three times, was a devoted fan of Studio Ghibli and had once shown up at a kasoo pati (costume party) dressed as Naushica. Still, she wasn't quite prepared for the onslaught of unfettered otaku behavior that defined the couple's newlywed life.

Her husband: a smart, gentle gijutsu-kei sarariman (corporate computer engineer) in his mid-30s, is an avid collector of figya (figures) of various animation and action heroes with a special penchant for Star Wars and Gundam. He knew seven of the great classic ani-son (animation theme songs) by heart, and liked to sing them out loud, at the top of his lungs while driving. He never failed to get up at 7:30 on Sunday mornings to watch a cult '70s anime rerun on TV and seriously considered dressing up as Kamen Raidaa (The Masked Rider) for his wedding until his mother wept and begged him not to.

Suffice to say, the whole of his private life was dedicated to the perusal of otaku pleasures and typical of the true otaku, he innocently and sincerely believed that his bride would share the same joys. For Yoshika, this meant certain drastic modifications in what she had envisioned her shinkon seikatsu (newly married life) to be like.

Having lived at her jikka (parent's house) all her life, she had many plans about decorating her own home -- and armed with copies of Elle Deco, she had aspired to a tasteful, artistic ribingu (living room) in which the red sofa from Idee (the young, professional Tokyoite's favored vendor of designer household products and furnishings) would quietly but masterfully dominate the ambience. But the sofa was obscured by the rows and rows of figya lined up on the shelves -- Luke Skywalker and Gocha-man and Ultra-man, standing like sentries, glowered at the coffee table.

Since Yoshika's mother had spent most her life in the kitchen, Yoshika had grown up swearing she would not make the same mistake and laid down a rule that as a married couple they must dine out together twice a week. She hadn't expected that in the restaurant, her husband's conversations will consist mainly of references to obscure anime directors from the '60s; a topic of interest only to other hardcore otaku.

In addition her husband adheres to a strict otaku diet of cappu nudoru (cup noodles), kan-inryou (canned soft drinks), bananas, hamburgers and convenience store onigiri (rice balls). And being an enthusiastic fan of shoku-gan (the small toy prizes that come attached to snack boxes), he has taken to consuming three or four junk snacks daily, and has cleared a whole shelf to display the prizes. Says Yoshika: "Ota-yome no michi wa ibarano michi (the path of the otaku wife is strewn with thorns)."

Elsewhere in the world such men are bypassed as totally non-eligible for relationships or marriage (and the first definition of an otaku is that he cannot, or prefers not to communicate with other human beings) and indeed, in Japan the otaku was long shunned as social outcasts.

Not that the otaku cared very much. Who needed to date when Rei Ayanami (heroine of "Evangelion") beckoned from the DVD?

But as the years went by the otaku, once a minor and underground species, increased their numbers to become very-nearly-mainstream. Yoshika says her decision to marry had much to do with the fact that in modern Japan, it's hard to find a man who's NOT an otaku in one way or another. "Otakuga iyada nante yuttara kekkon dekinai shi, otaku wa uwaki shinai kara ne (if one refused to marry an otaku, one can't get married and besides, otaku will never have affairs with other women)."

So... I need to move to japan.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.