In the effort to De-Viscerify me...

Umm, I still would like to know on how  I play off the hard drive.  :thumbsup:  Also I don't think there is a plot twist Volourn.  I am on the third chapter of the game and

everyone I ight against and lived comments as their is a flaw in my style, and opening not there but is there.  I think that Master Li will use such opening and attack my character.  It is the usual fanfair between Master and Student in several old chinese martial art films.

Its a typical Bioware game so far.  Easy combat, even on the highest difficulties, though a little fast pace.  Story is so far better anything Bioware has done since Neverwinter Nights.  They are improving.  :wub:

I think Hades has been reading spoiler threads and is trying to pretend he figured this stuff out on his own. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hey, watch it you buggers.  :(

While you are making fun of my deductive abilities and spoilers, why don't you tell me how I can play off the hard drive.  :D

In order to do that you need to install the game into the hard drive and the only way to do that is having a modded Xbox.

Since my Xbox is not modded I cannot say how to do it, you sould know that having a modded Xbox it prevents Live from working and it also, naturaly, voids the warranty.

drakron.png

Hey, watch it you buggers.  :(

While you are making fun of my deductive abilities and spoilers, why don't you tell me how I can play off the hard drive.  :D

In order to do that you need to install the game into the hard drive and the only way to do that is having a modded Xbox.

Since my Xbox is not modded I cannot say how to do it, you sould know that having a modded Xbox it prevents Live from working and it also, naturaly, voids the warranty.

Can you at least install a larger HDD in it without totally not being able to use Live? I mean, I was thinking about getting one, but the first thing I would've done, was put this 120 Gig HDD I have here to good use. Specially considering I know for a fact that you can rip music to your Xbox. That's a pretty stupid move on MS' part if it's true.

I have no idea but I would not try unless you are prepared to buy another since it will void the warranty.

The HDD was designed for storing save games and to cache games, I doubt you end up needing a bigger one.

I was planning on ripping a bunch of music to it to play off a stereo via the included OS. Music takes a lot more space than game saves.

It all depends on how you mod your xbox. I got the chip which means I can turn it of and play on live but have to play the game off the disk. (note: if you already used your box on live you will be banned if you change the hard drive.) you also have the cheap way to mod the box called soft modding(no chip) but you can't go on XBL. google

xbox-scene

to learn more.

I think Obsidian are cool with the modded xbox scene but since modded the xbox is illegal or allot people with modded xbox tend to have games they never own.

Game cube just sad. It came out after PS2 and still weaker system. Modded xbox are the best and I would buy the chip and larger HD. I can play roms from from all the consoles from ps1 and before. :wacko: Plus you can mod games on the xbox.

Why are they against modding the X-Box.  I mean its no more than a low end PC in Console form.

Do you want a list?

First, it allows pirated games to be played.

Second, it allows cheating in online games.

Third, it changes the Xbox in a way they cannot fix any damage without spending time to track down exactly what was done.

drakron.png

Why are they against modding the X-Box.  I mean its no more than a low end PC in Console form.

Do you want a list?

First, it allows pirated games to be played.

Third, it changes the Xbox in a way they cannot fix any damage without spending time to track down exactly what was done.

Ill add one more to Drakrons list based on what I saw when KotOR2 released.

-People with modded Xboxs encountered a far greatter number of bugs in KotOR2 then those playing straight from disk (I personally had almost no real bugs at all) and then filled the boards making it sound like it was Obsidians fault rather then their own actions causeing the problems.

You can mod your Xbox and run Linux on it :wacko:

..not very useful, but its cool.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Thats BS the most people complaining about the bugs in KOTOR were people with a good old fashion xbox. People who mod their xbox know that problems will happen however we know where to go to get the fixes. I had very few problems with KOTOR playing off my hd with very little problems.

You can only cheat on games you play over tunnel programs that exploit system link.(note system link is for lan parties and not online play.) You are unable to play backups on xbl because MS can tell if your xboxs is softmod or chip if the chip is on. This means I can't cheat any worse then somebody else with the game. stand by is the most common cheat on xbl and thats people using their routers.

If you try to mod your xbox you should know there is risk of ruining it and having a paper weight. Most people who try modding their xbox are smart enough not to cry.

First, it allows pirated games to be played

Simple because something allowed does make it bad or means everybody does it. I own every game on my xbox. I can mod gc and ps2 also so they can read pirated games also. I do admit there is pirate problem but very few people really cared until it happen to halo 2. BTW GTA was pirated the same day. :wacko:

I was planning on ripping a bunch of music to it to play off a stereo via the included OS. Music takes a lot more space than game saves.

If you have a pretty good CD drive in your computer, you are going to be shocked at how long it takes the Xbox to rip CD audio to its hard drive. You'll probably get sick of waiting around long before you run out of hard drive space.

My friend has his (modded) box on a home network and transfers mp3s that way. If that's an option for you, it's much faster. Also, modded Xboxes with an explorer style program can copy audio or video from data CD-RWs.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

If you have a pretty good CD drive in your computer, you are going to be shocked at how long it takes the Xbox to rip CD audio to its hard drive. You'll probably get sick of waiting around long before you run out of hard drive space.

My friend has his (modded) box on a home network and transfers mp3s that way. If that's an option for you, it's much faster. Also, modded Xboxes with an explorer style program can copy audio or video from data CD-RWs.

Sounds good. I haven't got one yet. But eventually I will. Plan on getting a Gamecube first, then, probably after Xbox 360 comes out, I'll buy an Xbox, and mod it into a sort of home media center.

Burn down my house? :p

That would be some X-Box since I don't have a house. :) One of the main reasons why I didn't even consider the Game Cube is the fact I couldn't play DVDs. I have a fairly small entertainment center and barely enough room for my VCR and DVD player. X-Box took the place of my DVD player and works great. I heard the PS2s are a little finicky when it comes to play DVDs and that is why I didn't go that route.

Harvey

The only problem with the PS2 and DVDs is that you got to use the PS2 controler unless you buy the remote, of course the Xbox forces you to get the remote in order to play.

I played many DVDs on my PS2 and I love my "region free CD" that allows me to play DVDs from all regions ... come quite in handy with my "Oh my goddess" OV DVDs ...

drakron.png

I have all my 49 games saved on my hard drive and only have the few games I play online in the closet. I netflix so I can save my movies and send them back and have them all watched before the new ones come in. I delete all the movies I watch. :luck: plus I have alot of ps1 and snes roms on my xboxs easy to play. (w00t)