Serenity trailer (aka the Firefly movie)

kumquatq3

I really didn't like Buffy or Angel, but I might buy the Firefly DVDs regardless because everyone seems to love this show.

I wasn't a fan of Buffy or Angel either, but Firefly is possibly my favorite show of all time.

But I haven't seen much Battlestar Galactica or Dr Who.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I wasn't a fan of Buffy or Angel either, but Firefly is possibly my favorite show of all time.

I didn't like Buffy, but after the first season, I really started liking Angel.

I saw two episodes of Firefly and bought the one and only season from Amazon.

Awesome.

That and Lexx are the only sci-fi series I could be bothered to buy on DVD.

:D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I didn't like Buffy, but after the first season, I really started liking Angel.

I saw two episodes of Firefly and bought the one and only season from Amazon.

Awesome.

That and Lexx are the only sci-fi series I could be bothered to buy on DVD.

:D

I got a $25 gift certificate to HMV when I signed up for my cell phone, and I just happened to go in when they were offering the firefly season for like 22.99. Regular price 47.99, otherwise I never would have bought it. I thank HMV for having their erratic prices now. They're wierd, they have horrendously high prices for most of their stuff, but then you find the odd thing thats like 5-30 bucks cheaper than everywhere else. I bought the Godfather collection for 35 bucks when the next cheapest was Wal-Mart at $55.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just got back from Serenity. Awesome. Some parts pissed me off such as

Wash dying

, but it was all around a wicked movie. Lots of applause after the credits started to roll, and movies don't often get applause in my experience.

Devastatorsig.jpg

bump

I need sequels, or a revival of the show, so everyone needs to see this movie.

Damn straight, sir. All you yellow-bellied slugs better head out to a theatre and watch the movie.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Joss Whedon's the goon behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer on TV, isn't he?

Sorry, but it's unlikely I'll be supporting your Firefly or Serenity or what have you. My freshman year of college, I dated a girl who just would not shut up about how great Joss Whedon is - her and her mother, actually - and I've since made the decision to avoid everything he ever does in the hopes that this will make him go somewhere and die.

Edit: By the way, why would they even make this movie? If the series only ran for eleven episodes, that doesn't scream "big audience" to me, so aren't a lot of people going to be fairly lost?

Second edit: What the hell kind of name is Joss Whedon, anyway? Sounds suspiciously pinko-commie to me. If he'd been named Mack Strong I'd consider it.

Edited by Commissar

:)
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Edit: By the way, why would they even make this movie?  If the series only ran for eleven episodes, that doesn't scream "big audience" to me, so aren't a lot of people going to be fairly lost?

Same reason Family Guy is back, the DVD set sold really well. When it aired on Fox they aired it out of order and didn't even air the pilot, so no one knew what the hell was going on, on DVD, people were able to see the show as it really is, one of the best Sci-Fi shows ever made. As for people being lost, they do a good job of bringing people up to speed on whats going on and such, and in a way that people who already know whats going on aren't bored. Its a really well made film.

Devastatorsig.jpg

As for people being lost, they do a good job of bringing people up to speed on whats going on and such, and in a way that people who already know whats going on aren't bored. Its a really well made film.

*Sigh*... wonder if and when they are going to show it here :(

Back to watching the DVD's again :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Movies are where the money really is. But I think that if the film does well Whedon would be sorely tempted to start another series; maybe pass control over to Tim or Chaz Minear. If that doesn't work I say we do unto him as the mob did unto Sinatra.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Movies are where the money really is. But I think that if the film does well Whedon would be sorely tempted to start another series; maybe pass control over to Tim or Chaz Minear. If that doesn't work I say we do unto him as the mob did unto Sinatra.

Well, so far it looks like this one is going to be making some money, and Whedon said he would ideally like to make a trilogy of films if this one did well.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, I guess a trilogy would do in a pinch.

-Elwood Blues

You keep George away from my goram movie. Let him churn out some more letdowns. i want Serenity! Cornsarnit.

-Elwood Blues

It pulled in 4.2 million (est) on Friday for second place. It is losing to Flightplan at 4.4 million (est). It has a much better per screen average tho ($1,285 compared to $1,920 per screen (flightplan had 1300+ more screens, more than half of Serenitys total))

Look for sequel territory to be between 50 mill domestic or 80 worldwide. Also, of course, DVD dependent.

I'm thinking that this will do a lot better on DVD than it does in theaters. Which is a shame, because it really needs to be seen on the big screen. Hopefully word of mouth will get more people into it, because the consensus seems to be that the movie rocks.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm actually really interested in this flick...I liked the show, and was amazingly disappointed when Fox took it off the air...as I was just beginning to appreciate it.

Hm, next time I'm out, I'll make sure to see it.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'm thinking that this will do a lot better on DVD than it does in theaters. Which is a shame, because it really needs to be seen on the big screen. Hopefully word of mouth will get more people into it, because the consensus seems to be that the movie rocks.

Isn't out in the UK yet. When it is we will weigh in. Flightplan sounds super-cr*ppy, so it probably won't do so well here.

-Elwood Blues

Apparantley Serenity took in just over 10 million dollars this weekend. It placed second behind the crappy Jodie Foster movie. Not a great debut, but for a TV show that was cancelled its not too shabby.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I saw it yesterday.

I haven't seen the TV show but the movie was enjoyable. It was pretty funny to boot. It probably would have been better to have seen the show first since I had a feeling that I was receiving a crash course on all the characters.

They quickly grow on you though. They seem like real people trying to make some money when the sh*t hits the fan so to speak.