Serenity trailer (aka the Firefly movie)

kumquatq3

I'm going to watch it without having watched the series - if its rubbish, i'll get you... all of you.

You won't get the full effect out of it without seeing the series, but it would still be good without it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I just got in. I liked it. A lot. It made me laugh , it made me sad. I jumped in a spot or two. Cool flick.

And there were 30 people tops in the theatre. Everyone else went to go see ' Into the Blue' :blink:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I was thinking last night that their is something fundamentally wrong where you need a mass movement to try and get a second Firefly movie, but Police Academy went to 8 films, and Starship Troopers 2 was made...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't know if I agree with you on that, Surrepflatus. Last week I couldn't log onto my computer or turn on my tv without seeing an ad or twelve for Serenity. Of course, as we all know, Canada doesn't really count in the big picture.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm guessing they were relying a good dal on gibbons like us going out and yapping about it. Seems to have worked. I don't know of any non-political forums that don't have at least one thread at the mo.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Serenity based their advertising on advance screemings. In the US, every city that had high ratings for Firefly got to see the film well in advance, and the rest of the world got to see it at their country's film Festivals (and I had the bad luck of missing both screenings at the Edinburgh Film Festival). Other than that, they released short Vignettes indirectly related to both Firefly and Serentiy which were intended to bridge the gap between the series and the movie, and, as was posted earlier, they released the first nine minutes onto the net.

The idea, as Walsingham said, was that all that would generate word of mouth advertising beyond those items, which seemed to have worked quite well, as I believe the film opened at #2 in the US for its first week.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I didn't really want to read all 10 pages here, so I don't know if this has already been posted, anyway here is the first 9 minutes of this movie.

It's gonna be a whole month before it's released here though. :(

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

When it is release in the country of Hamlet I think you will enjoy it.  Best sci fi movie released in 10 years, hands down.

I'll be looking forward to it, good sci-fi movies of late have been somewhat... rare, wouldn't you agree?

The last "sci-fi" flick I saw was Dracula3000, worst movie EVER! :(

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Indeed. Never saw Dracula 3000, but I did see Jason X.  :(

Ah, I've heard equally bad things about that one, however Dracula 3000 is a MUST see for those who really want to ruin their evening, I knew it would be crappy but I thought "hey, at least its some sci-fi horror".... BOY was I wrong. :p

DENMARK!

Joss Whedon's the goon behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer on TV, isn't he?

Sorry, but it's unlikely I'll be supporting your Firefly or Serenity or what have you.  My freshman year of college, I dated a girl who just would not shut up about how great Joss Whedon is - her and her mother, actually - and I've since made the decision to avoid everything he ever does in the hopes that this will make him go somewhere and die.

Second edit: What the hell kind of name is Joss Whedon, anyway?  Sounds suspiciously pinko-commie to me.  If he'd been named Mack Strong I'd consider it.

Sounds like a bad case of Joss Whedon Envy, to me ... did your (obviously ex-) girlfriend compare you in -ahem- awkward ways to the Whedon? :-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Joss Whedon was behind the following movies and shows: Wonder Woman, Goners, Srenity, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Titan A.E., Alien Ressurection, Toy Story, Parenthood, and Roseanne.

Edited by Hades_One

4 day total: $10,819,660

Mon total: $732,980

assuming that weekly number holds and you pull 7 mill ( :- ) or more this weekend, you crack 20 million.

I'll be seeing it again this weekend most likely. Gotta drag my other roommate who cancelled at the last minute on friday because he got some vacuum tubes in the mail.

Cool! Vacuum tubes are t3H sh1zn1tz!

Serenity based their advertising on advance screemings.  In the US, every city that had high ratings for Firefly got to see the film well in advance, and the rest of the world got to see it at their country's film Festivals (and I had the bad luck of missing both screenings at the Edinburgh Film Festival).  Other than that, they released short Vignettes indirectly related to both Firefly and Serentiy which were intended to bridge the gap between the series and the movie, and, as was posted earlier, they released the first nine minutes onto the net.

The idea, as Walsingham said, was that all that would generate word of mouth advertising beyond those items, which seemed to have worked quite well, as I believe the film opened at #2 in the US for its first week.

That's the latest media advertising meta-technology, that is. Even includes the "viral" payload (first nine minutes of the film): i.e. as in "viral advertising" which is where people on the internets forward stuff they like to their friends (hence the metaphor) ... siz degrees of separation plus reference from a trusted source equals better bang-for-buck than squandering millions on ill-targeted advertising to people who wouldn't go and see the film anyway (like my mother).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Joss Whedon was behind the following movies and shows:  Wonder Woman, Goners, Srenity, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Atlantis:  The Lost Empire, Titan A.E., Alien Ressurection, Toy Story, Parenthood, and Roseanne.

He was also behind the best and worst line in X-Men. He was responsible for the "Its me. Prove it. You're a ****. Ok" line, and the "What happens to a toad when its struck by lightning" line. Though he said they said the toad line all wrong. It was sposed to be a joke, but they said it all serious. If they said it right, it still wouldn't have been a good line, but it wouldn't have been so terrible.

And apparently his Alien Ressurection script was raped by re-writes, much like Frank Miller's Robocop 2 and 3 scripts.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg