45 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe The Exile?

• Lightside Weapon Master
    • Lightside Jedi Watchman
    • Lightside Jedi Master
    • Darkside Sith Marauder
    • Darkside Sith Assassin
    • Darkside Sith Lord

I prefer to play as a weapon master because they get the coolest feats, i love lightsabers and i find it generally more fun (like upgrading my lightsaber)

I see the Exile as an average jedi, who was probably a Jedi guardian (seeing as he knew war like know one else does), and but being cut off from the force made him learn how to look after himself without the force, so he trained in swordplay, made himself into top physical condition etc, so this would go with my Weapon Master

but, i can also see him as a Jedi Master, due to the fact he can create force bonds so easily. He also managed to reconnect to the force which is unheard of, again pointing to him being a consular/jedi master

trouble is, i find consulars boring because it gets repetative, and i dont think they are as powerful as jedi weapon masters.

I think it would be cool if consulars/jedi masters had force powers only they could getm, like they could only get all the 3rd tier of force powers, and sentials can only get half and weapon masters dont get any, but excel in lightsaber combat.

because my weapon masters always have oodles of force powers and all the 3rd tier force powers i need :rolleyes:

well their's my 2 cents. :ph34r:

'I did it all for the wookies'

He was a big man who loved a big sandwich

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

In the present of the game, I think he has the potential best to fit the Sith Lord template, given his character description. Obviously, the game makes all of the above classes credible possibilities, but the Sith Lord is nearest to his tendencies as fate provides them.

He has the ability to evoke strong emotion and compel servitude from those around him. He has been exposed to terrible traumas, and the deepest horrors of war in the darkest regions of the universe. He is a wound in the force, whom the Jedi themselves wish to see erased from the face of creation.

If he triumphs over this in order to align himself with the light, it is despite absolutely every pre-conceived fact about his character. And while exposure to horrors of war, tragedy and strong emotion as an explanation for redemption might make a good plot device, the Star Wars universe is clearly not one in which these things lead to redemption, whatever the case. The 'grey side' in general, or the light sider who achieves redemption as a consequence of exposure to the dark is the exception to a rather hard and fast rule.

He is more a creature of the dark side by nature than the light, that's for certain. And his powers lie in compelling servitude, controlling others in order to obtain obedience against the natural inclinations of those who come to him, thus making him fit rather nicely the Sith Lord character type.

I love playing Sentinel/Watchman. However. I believe Exile changed from one character type to another during the course of his life so far. He always had the ability to lead and influence others, but was in general (bad pun) unaware of its full extent, and was an 'average' student of the Force. He ended up leading the assault on Malachor V, but that was a straightforward offensive action, more what I would attribute to a Guardian.

Kreia's teachings seemed to favor the Sentinel. Stealth, manipulation. That's how I see Revan. But Exile ends up fulfilling the Master role, whatever class was chosen, by teaching and influencing others.

[B]a jedi's a jedi so he must have been a weapons master

he was in  war so he had to be a weapons master[/b]

Male LS Jedi Master for sure.

His ability to form bonds with others made him the ultimate Jedi Master. He might not have the years or wisdom of a Yoda, the drive of Obi One, but his force bound definately gave him the advantage in getting and training new padawen unlike anyone else.

Also the war stuff (Light or Dark) doesnt suit him as he walked away from War by choice. He did what was needed, when it was needed, and walked away after that.

Definately not DS if you go by the story, in who is he as a person is all about his strenght in being able to turned down the dark side and everything it stood for when he had the option to go that route. He didnt stutter, didnt falter, didnt look back, he refused the dark side and went on his own way to allow himself to be judged by JEDI (not Revan or Malak or any sith).

I think one of the most telling tales in KotOR series is Vrook though (to prove Exile was LS).

Vrook was the same character in parts 1 and 2. A bitter old man that was lead by his Emotions and insecurities.

YET, we as players accepted this failure in Vrook in part 1 because of Revans backstory. The mistrust was warrented and no one could really fault Vrook for his unjedi like behavior in Part 1 because of it.

However, MANY MANY players (myself included) tagged Vrook as falling to the Sith (Dark Side) when he presented the same attitude and personality failures towards the Exile. Because unlike Revan, no one believed Vrooks mistrust, envy, and jealously to be based in any form of justification.

Just the different reaction to the same character(Vrook) by us (the players) tells the tale clearer then the game ever could. Our own actions and statements clearly make it visable that The Exile was LS. For had he been DS, we would have justified Vrooks character flaws once again as being reasonable and justified.

The game did a great job in minimizing much of this for continuity in the game storyline if you wanted to play a female or DS Exile but everything from the back story points to a Male LS Jedi Master as being his trade/vocation. Who he was.

I tend to agree with the Jedi Master and the force bonds thing, but then i remember that he doesnt create his own force base, he steals it of others so how can he really be strong in the force..?

His years un exile would have toughened him up, he would have become very handy with wepons and skills, which would tend to suggest the sentinal/weapon master or watchman. :ph34r:

i also find it hard to balance the stats, cus if i go weapon master i usually start with

str - 12

dex - 14

con - 14

int - 16

wis - 10

char - 10

then get 18 con, get a really good implant like universal d-package, and then dump the rest into dex with items and stats.

but with a jedi master i have to try and balance out con, wis and char, and then dex as well and it just gets too spread out.

And for some reason i always feel that jedi masters sound more powerful than jeid weapon masters :">

And for some reason i always feel that jedi masters sound more powerful than jeid weapon masters :">

You know why that is? It's because Jedi classes don't exist in the "real" Star Wars universe outside of role-playing games. And in "real" terms, Jedi Master is the most powerful class.

But, according to this thread, I would have to say he was a Jedi Guardian during the Mandalorian Wars, could be classified a Scout during his wanderings after being exiled, and then assumed the role of Jedi Consular once he came in touch with the Force again. Then, after taking on and training other Jedi (the Lost Jedi in his party) he assumed the mantle of Jedi Master.

Or atleast that's the way I look at it. :rolleyes:

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

He was a big man who loved a big sandwich

lol

random... but funny >_<

I usually choose the "middle" class... but after going through KOTOR1 I realise how stupid that was... as being the middle class in KOTOR1 was HORRIBLE...

In future I think I will be the Jedi Weapons Master... just makes more sense.

You know why that is? It's because Jedi classes don't exist in the "real" Star Wars universe outside of role-playing games. And in "real" terms, Jedi Master is the most powerful class.

But, according to this thread, I would have to say he was a Jedi Guardian during the Mandalorian Wars, could be classified a Scout during his wanderings after being exiled, and then assumed the role of Jedi Consular once he came in touch with the Force again. Then, after taking on and training other Jedi (the Lost Jedi in his party) he assumed the mantle of Jedi Master.

Or atleast that's the way I look at it. >_<

yeah thats what i meant to say :">

i mean, mace windu was really powerfull and he was a weapon master, but you get the general idea that anyone strong in the force like Yoda or palpatine would just use force powers to throw him across the room for fun :lol:

but yeh, thanks for clearing that up for me, i think that weapon masters are much more powerful than jedi masters in kotor2 thou

but yeh, thanks for clearing that up for me, i think that weapon masters are much more powerful than jedi masters in kotor2 thou

No problem.

In terms of lightsaber combat ... yes, the Weapon Master is more advanced and stronger then the Master. And advanced Weapon Master would slaughter a Jedi Master. Or atleast I did. :ph34r:

But in the terms of Force powers and abilities ... the Jedi Master tops the list. My Master polverized(sp?) each and every room in the Trayus Academy with one Force Storn. While my Weapon Master had to take three or four tries.

**Off Topic**

I still think that they should do away with the classes in K3 and use the traditional classes - the Padawan, Knight, and Master. Starting off as a Padawan and leveling up, as you progress in the game, through the next respective titles.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari