Jade Empire

Do you like the cover ?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the cover ?

• 1.Yes
    • 2.No

No, because it says 'Xbox' and not 'PC', so I can't play it.

Is it really exclusively for the Xbox, or will it be like Fable, with a PC version released, just a long time later?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Is it really exclusively for the Xbox, or will it be like Fable, with a PC version released, just a long time later?

Quite likely though its going to age almost overnight in view of the Xbox II and PS3.

I'm trying to make up my mind whether or not to buy the collector pack since hitting people over the head with a shovel should provide much hilarity. On the other hand I dont want to be stuck with it if it's boring. So far my solution is to order it put keep it sealed then either keep or return it after renting.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"No, because it says 'Xbox' and not 'PC', so I can't play it."

LOL Talk about sour grapes. :devil:

"Is it really exclusively for the Xbox"

It's really exlusive. While BIO hasn't completely ruled out a PC port; there ar eno plans at this time to do so. And, if it does, I fiugue we won't be seeing the port 'til 2006 or 2007 when JE2 (if JE does well enough) is well into the design state...

"I'm trying to make up my mind whether or not to buy the collector pack since hitting people over the head with a shovel should provide much hilarity"

meh. I'll take dual hams anyday before a shovel. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Heck, I'm getting Jade Empire just because of the box!

Shiny, limited edition foil. *drools*

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I can't WAIT for this game! Seriously.  I mean, BioWare, RPG. First game since KOTOR.

Nuff said (w00t)  (w00t)  (w00t)

X-Box only.

I've just gotta hope my roommate doesn't move out and take his X-Box with him before it is released. :D

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The cover is pretty but...

Indeed.

The primary reason why I got an x-box was for Jade Empire.

MS/Bioware whore.

Anyhow, voted yes because all the poll was meant to ask about was the cover art.

Ill download it, burn a couple of copies and give them away for free outside the mall just to get back at M$ and BioWhore for their unforgivable crime of making games for something other than the PC.

Hail PC, death to the consoles!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ill download it, burn a couple of copies and give them away for free outside the mall just to get back at M$ and BioWhore for their unforgivable crime of making games for something other than the PC.

Obsidians next game is a console exclusive too. May as well get used to it , especially in the early stages of the next gens. Everyone is going to be pushing for exclusives because it's ultimately what shifts the consoles. And JE is going to look pretty mediocre when you place it up against those next gen titles (not a slight on JE just the truth).

Which means your going to spend a lot of time standing outside the mall.

Anyway the new artwork looks much better than the other box artwork I saw, which is why I was wondering if it's different for the NA version.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"And JE is going to look pretty mediocre when you place it up against those next gen titles (not a slight on JE just the truth)."

Well.. You expect a lot from the Next gen consoles as JE's graphics are awesome. It crushes anything else I've seen on any current console. That's for sure. Except maybe FF8.

Obsidians next game is a console exclusive too.

The fact that they're hiring people with console experience doesnt make it an exclusive.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"Wrong! Obsidians next game is a pc exclusive!"

Midfield wins. I already like him which means he started off the wrong with everyone else. :D

I shall do the same, but on much greater scale.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.