Are you scared of people?

BilboKnows

Do you give others control out of fear?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give others control out of fear?

• Yes, I my opinion is worth nothing.
    • Yes, most of the time.
    • Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
    • Almost never at all.
    • No, never.
    • Only on deadlines by my master... I mean publisher!
    • Only if it means throwing away massive potential.
    • Both answers 7 & 8

I sometimes give others a small measure of control because Im simply too frustrated to engage in the lengthy process of arguing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Oh yeah, let's start "I actually don't fear anyone" thread.

Online anyone can say ANYTHING.

Anonymity is power.

You will get poor statistics.

Edit: "Answer 7 & 8" actually includes (7) "Only if it means throwing away massive potential." and... (:huh: "Both answers 7 & 8" ?

My opinion is worth nothing! Sorry for wasting your time by writing this (and consequently making you read it). Please hurt me now.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

who doesn't from time to time .. if we meet a very clear authority figure, when thrown into an unknown (and strange) situation, alot of people will automatically give a level of control to that person .. it's natural .. but of course, like anything, there are exceptions!

Fortune favors the bald.

Umm does ncr have a new identity.

He sounds more like "AngstOne" or whatever his name was.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh yeah, let's start "I actually don't fear anyone" thread.

Online anyone can say ANYTHING.

Anonymity is power.

You will get poor statistics.

Edit: "Answer 7 & 8" actually includes (7) "Only if it means throwing away massive potential." and... (:wacko: "Both answers 7 & 8" ?

It asked whether or not you give control to the things you fear. I fear women, but that's more likely to manifest itself with stumbling over my words and avoidance. The people I really should fear (i.e. the people who could do damage to me, financial, physical, mental, or otherwise), I'm too bullheaded to backdown to. I thrive on argument, therefore if challenged, even though it's likely to have negative side effects I don't back down. I think it's something similar to how a little dog will bark like crazy at the bigger dog, in an attempt to make itself look more powerful than it is. That or I'm just bullheaded.

I'm only scared of people in large crowds. I don't know why, but I get all worried and I think that I might be having a heartattack, almost a sure sign of a social anxiety.

As far as a one on one basis, I have no problem with people, and find them quite tasty

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Individuals don't scare me. Humanity as a whole sometimes does.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm really only scared of people with guns, knives, bats, hammers, axes, flamethrowers, fighter jets, bombs, missles, and nuclear warheads.

Everybody else...fine by me...just stay away from my stuff, and I won't have to cut you... :ph34r:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

The way I was brought up was to give due respect to those older than me and had more experience in life. I was raised in a Korean family environment where strong senior-junior relationships exist so its a natural part of any relationship I have to adopt a senior or junior mentality according to who the other person is. Thus I tend to comply to those older and in a senior position than me.

Except of course in those situations where they command me to do something I have strong doubts about, like insisting I go to church/join a religion. I just smile and nod my head and then forget about it.

I don't think I really 'fear' anyone I meet. But then again I haven't had the opportunity to meet with really scary people so I really can't say. I'd probably whimper if forced into a situation where I had to pee next to a known and convicted murderer.