NWN2's official fact sheet and some new artworks

funcroc

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?si...=thread&order=0

NWN2 Official Fact Sheet

Bards sing tales of heroes from ages past, but never have the Forgotten Realms so desperately needed a champion. Years have passed since the war between Luskan and Neverwinter, almost enough time for the wounds of war to heal. But the brief peace the Realms have known may be at an end. Tension growing between the mighty city-states means the Sword Coast again teeters on the edge of open war. Unnoticed, a greater danger stalks the City of Skilled Hands. Unbeknownst to the denizens of the North, deep in the Mere of Dead Men, dark forces from across the Realms have been rallied under the banner of a legendary evil. If left unchallenged, all of the North is doomed to fall under its power.

Even in this darkest hour, hope remains. A mysterious relic is borne to Neverwinter in the hands of a lone hero so that its secrets may be unlocked - secrets that carry the fate of all the North. So begins an epic tale of shattered alliances, noble acts and dark deeds to be told across the Realms for generations to come.

Extremely short article; but informative nontheless...

"Unbeknownst to the denizens of the North, deep in the Mere of Dead Men, dark forces from across the Realms have been rallied under the banner of a legendary evil"

Sounds like IWD2.... That's not a good thing... Still, in the grand scheme of things, the approach to this old hat story could be good which is very possible with the Cool Dudes at Obsidian...

"

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

... overland map is probably the only thing that distinguishes this tidbit from just about every other RPG "fact" file.. I mean, if we hear the story like that, it's absolute trash. It'll be the details. ;p

Save Feargus

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Still not enough to overcome by adversion to the "3.5" rules, by dislike of the FR setting and my distrust of any D&D title published by Atari.

you don't like video games do you.

As far as the post, interesting news. Seems they've settled on the 3 companions number then.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Like I've said, I'll be waiting for some feedback and a patch before I touch it with the proverbial bargepole. The Doohickey of Ultimate Greatness or whatever isn't in four separate parts located across the Sword Coast by any chance?

sonsofgygax.JPG

"NWN that sold a lot due to BioWare reputation from the BG series with the other being substandart products."

Only partyl. It may have sold evry well based on the success of BG; but it continued and continues to sale and has led to a sequel because enough people seem to have liked it enough to reccommend it to their friends to buy who, of course, eventually did. NWN did not get expansions, a telephone version, and now a sequel on the basis of BG's success; but on the basis of NWN's success.

I do agree that 3.5 is overrated with some very dumb rules, and is simply not needed. But, since it's basically a 3.0 version remixed; it liveable.

I agree the overland map should be great. This was a huge pet peeve of mine with NWN.

Well everyone has their opinion, but I find 3.5 to be pretty good, and they are my favorite so far (although similar to 3.0, I find the changes for the better). I hope they do 3.5 justice. Rangers who are actually Rangers, Bards who are Bards and not wizards, no Bulls Strength that last all day, etc

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

And so far Atari have yet to publish something close to IWD quality, so far they published two D&D RPGs (NwN and ToEE) and D&D "RPGs" (D&D Heros and Demon Stone).

IWD is still the only ie game I've played through once. The story and atmosphere was great but the linear path and dry character generation (thank god for HOW, it was super dry before that) wasn

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

That was a side effect of solo play. Seems that solo play wont be a factor this time around.

Well I hope, but you know people will complain when they can't have their very own plack panther at level 1. :lol:

- Steven Erikson

Bards sing tales of heroes from ages past, but never have the Forgotten Realms so desperately needed a champion. Years have passed since the war between Luskan and Neverwinter, almost enough time for the wounds of war to heal. But the brief peace the Realms have known may be at an end. Tension growing between the mighty city-states means the Sword Coast again teeters on the edge of open war. Unnoticed, a greater danger stalks the City of Skilled Hands. Unbeknownst to the denizens of the North, deep in the Mere of Dead Men, dark forces from across the Realms have been rallied under the banner of a legendary evil. If left unchallenged, all of the North is doomed to fall under its power.

Even in this darkest hour, hope remains. A mysterious relic is borne to Neverwinter in the hands of a lone hero so that its secrets may be unlocked - secrets that carry the fate of all the North. So begins an epic tale of shattered alliances, noble acts and dark deeds to be told across the Realms for generations to come.

Legendary evil? Mysterious relic? Sounds awfully epic and nwnish. :)

But still it will probably rock my world in a way that no woman will. Since woman would not want to ever rock my world.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Initial sales were helped by the BG series, but I would guess that initial sales were less than a third of total sales of NWN."

Um. I would not go that far. I'm sure it's at least half the initial sales if not more came early. That's true for the majority of games. Though; Drakron forgets that lots of people who bought NWN either in spite of BG series 9afterall, some people do hate BIO's previous works) or simply because they wanted a D&D game and didn't care who made it.

As for familiairs, yeah, NWN's were not more pwoerful than pnp fmailairs. PnP familairs have some very good advantages that NWN familiars don't have - all pnp familiars have evasion/improved invasion, SR, have the possibility of great hp depending on the owner, and lots of other uses. The only thing that NWN familiars had on their pnp versions is that they did make better striaght up tanks.

My desire is for them to have the basic pnp familairs and then also have access to the Improved Familair feat. That would rock. I still wants my beholder eye. <>

4.99? Wow. Consideirng that even the original OC is still selling for $30 here; that's impresisve. Even TOEE has a decent price 9I beleive it's around $35 or so. Hmm..

"I got the kitchen sink in mine when I purchased the Ultra Platinum Edition."

LOL :D

4.99? Wow. Consideirng that even the original OC is still selling for $30 here; that's impresisve. Even TOEE has a decent price 9I beleive it's around $35 or so. Hmm..

"I got the kitchen sink in mine when I purchased the Ultra Platinum Edition."

LOL :D

The reason they are dirt cheap is because they come with PDF's.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well they include all the expansions because people will buy it if they do. I bought the warcraft 3 package, which had the expansion and the hint books for both. I also bought the Morrowind game of the year edition and the C&C Generals one with the expansion. Packaging of the original game with their expansions work very well, at least I buy a lot of these packages. Volourn says the game was released 3 years ago and there are still many people playing it today. I would guess and say a good part of its due to the NWN gold and platinum versions that brought on new gamers who either weren

- Steven Erikson

"I would guess and say a good part of its due to the NWN gold and platinum versions that brought on new gamers who either weren?t around at the time of the OC release or wasn?t interested at that time."

Yup. One just has to reread the NWN baords for maybe a half hour to find "newbies" to the game asking all sorts of dumb questions like 'what does this spell do?", 'where do i find x character', how do i solve y quest', or 'what's your favorite battle' that all we vetrans laugh at them 'cause it's sooooooooo cute for any game with the vterans to laugh at the newbies.

NWN is still selling because...

1. It's cheaper now.

2. Good word of mouth.

3. Free modules on line.

4. The various versions.

Afterall, those of us who bought the game right awya had to fork over $70-$90 just for it; now one can the 3 pack combo for $50 (unless you are Shadow lol)... :luck:

NWN was a big dissapointment when I bought it, even if I beat it.

I didn't feel it was worth my money til many years later when I had that, both expansions and finally touched on all the mods that had been released.