Question for the EU canon lawyers

They don't.

Ο κώδικας του sίτΗ

Η ειρήνη είναι ένα ψέμα είναι εκεί μόνο πάθος. Μέσω του πάθους κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη νίκη. Μέσω της νίκης οι αλυσίδες μου είναι σπασμένες. Η δύναμη θα με απελευθερώσει. Μάθετε αυτό και θα είστε αντάξιοι της παρουσίας μου.

από μηχανής θεός

1022.gifsterb029.gifsterb025.gif

They never appeared in EU continuity. Bioware made them up. It's probably a good idea that Revan and Exile don't appear.

However, since KotOR is canon now, Revan exists. Is TSL as well? The ultimate problem here is that the Exile, being a "hole" in the Force, could potentially exist forever as a DSer, given her/his power with the Dark Side, since he/she could potentially sustain life like Nihilus did, but on a smaller scale.

They never appeared in EU continuity. Bioware made them up. It's probably a good idea that Revan and Exile don't appear.

However, since KotOR is canon now, Revan exists. Is TSL as well? The ultimate problem here is that the Exile, being a "hole" in the Force, could potentially exist forever as a DSer, given her/his power with the Dark Side, since he/she could potentially sustain life like Nihilus did, but on a smaller scale.

WHAT? Are you saying that Revan and Malak themselves, exist in EU? Whoa :o I recall reading this previously. But I still can't believe it. Did George Lucas himself approve this?

Here's the hard question. Is Revan male or female?

Let Gender War II begin. :-:p

WHAT? Are you saying that Revan and Malak themselves, exist in EU? Whoa :p I recall reading this previously. But I still can't believe it. Did George Lucas himself approve this?

Let Gender War II begin. :)  :-

There was a post a while back claiming that both Revan and the Exile are LS male, in the canon.

*shrug*

WHAT? Are you saying that Revan and Malak themselves, exist in EU? Whoa :- I recall reading this previously. But I still can't believe it. Did George Lucas himself approve this?

Let Gender War II begin. ;)  :o

There was a post a while back claiming that both Revan and the Exile are LS male, in the canon.

*shrug*

And I'd still like to know the sources...

However, since KotOR is canon now, Revan exists.

Being on the database does not mean its continuity, having a small part of the KotOr showing up in a comic is not going to make KotOR canon.

When people will learn that just because it have the Star Wars logo its does not mean its canon, it does not work like this.

drakron.png

I have a question...

What's the big deal about being cannon?

Well being canon means it officialy becames part of the universe and we can use it as reference when going over the facts of Star Wars.

Does Kotor1/2 not being cannon make the story any less fantastic?

I woul hardly call it "fantastic" in the first place.

The fact is of being or not canon means little, it simply matters for future official products down the line.

But saying "oh it canon" just anoys the heck out of some people that know damn well the story behind the Darth title.

Also its not a reason for something more "popular" simply overide the previous "less popular" material and is what the people that say "KotOR is part of Star Wars continuity" end up saying, I might not like a lot of the EU continuity but I am not going to throw it away because I like something else better.

drakron.png

Revan, malak and the rest of the KoTOR NPCs are in the official SW's site databanks.

The entry was quite well written in which it did not specify Revan's gender nor did it spoil the ending of the game for those who have not played. Some might complain that it's too brief and pointless, but I think it was suitable considering the background of the character (RPG character).

And how exactly does something become canon, eh? It all started out somewhere. I mean, the Exar Kun comics are considered canon, but why are they necessarily better than something else?

As for the Darth title, is it not possible that Bane rediscovered it? Or that he was named for ancient tradition?

LV

And how exactly does something become canon, eh? It all started out somewhere. I mean, the Exar Kun comics are considered canon, but why are they necessarily better than something else?

As for the Darth title, is it not possible that Bane rediscovered it? Or that he was named for ancient tradition?

LV

At the end of the day it's up to George. Nothing else matters much and he even changes things he previously did himself.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

They are not better, they were simply written first and did not (at the time) clashed with other previous written material.

Its not a question of what is better, its a question of being done first and not clashing with previous written material.

LV

No because Darth Bane was create for the sole purpose to explain the diferences of the Dark Horse comics that deal with the Sith and the prequels.

Darth only became a title because Lucas decided to make it a title in EP I with Darth Maul and Darth Sidious, same reason with the "rule-of-two" that simply did not existed in the comics.

EU continuity have to adapt to Lucas alterations because only Lucas says what is canon and EU continuity have to not clash with canon.

drakron.png

They are not better, they were simply written first and did not (at the time) clashed with other previous written material.

Its not a question of what is better, its a question of being done first and not clashing with previous written material.

LV

No because Darth Bane was create for the sole purpose to explain the diferences of the Dark Horse comics that deal with the Sith and the prequels.

Darth only became a title because Lucas decided to make it a title in EP I with Darth Maul and Darth Sidious, same reason with the "rule-of-two" that simply did not existed in the comics.

EU continuity have to adapt to Lucas alterations because only Lucas says what is canon and EU continuity have to not clash with canon.

What is the name of the comic/book wherein Bane creates the title of "Darth".

Good point about EU having to adapt to Lucas' vision.

Look at the end of the day its Lucas's opinion over everybody elses and those that create the EU r just going to have to adapt, and I agree that they did a pretty good job of implementing KOTOR into the EU. However if you don't like parts of the EU, that is why we have imaginations ppl, just come up with it urself and implement the storys that you want. Thats wat i do and my version of the Star Wars universe sounds pretty damn cool - because it suits me.

OE had to send concepts and descriptions for almost every piece of K2 to LA for clearance, therefore, everything that made it into the game is now officially SW EU canon?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

OE had to send concepts and descriptions for almost every piece of K2 to LA for clearance, therefore, everything that made it into the game is now officially SW EU canon?

I am no expert on the EU. However, I think it is safe to say that the EU is not "canon" -- only material in the movies is canon. Canon cannot be changed.

The EU is officially-recognized "continuity" and CAN be changed (normally by the movies). The problem that I think people have is when EU continuity is changed by something other than the movies.