• Bioware
    • Obsidian
    • Lucasarts in-house
    • Square Enix
    • Some other company
    • There will be no KOTOR3

Blast I forgot about Daggerfall. OK second place for TSL

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Obsidian should get it. They left the story wide open, they'd have to know where they're going with it better than Bioware would.

And no, TSL isn't even close to the buggiest game in history. It's considerably more stable than it's predecessor before it was patched.

Daggerfall.

Yes, I'd say so myself too. IIRC the game was practical unplayable out of the box.

I thought Bethesda got its act together with TES III but with the release of Bloodmoon it reverted back to its Daggerfall days again.

I won't be buying Oblivion until there are patches out for it. Same with NWN 2.

I'll buy KOTOR 2 when the patch comes out. Maybe.

But back to topic regarding KOTOR 3 -- I really don't care who makes it.

I say Bioware. Obsidian screwed totally with the sequel - TSL is the most bugged game in gaming history...

You obviously never played Daggerfall.

Or Vampire: the Masquerade-Bloodlines.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'll go with the one other guy/gal who voted for Squareenix. Won't happen, but it would I think it would be interesting to play through...than again I wasn't a fan of the first KOTOR at all...so I guess I'm not as invested in the idea of keeping it similar (gameplay wise).

KOTOR 2 isn't doing much for me either so far.

We have to bear in mind that they left to themselves rush the game by LA and did not protest on the term of one year to do a game so important as it was, my vote is for Bioware.

Well to put things in perspective they didnt rush Bioware because at that point no one had any expectations of the game. The idea for the game having a holiday release only came about after the fantastic impression it made at E3.

It would be a very shortsighted LA which repeated the same thing because at the very least people are going to approach KOTOR III more warily. Unless of course LA deciede III is enough, then they will take what they can get and then move on.

The only way I can see Bioware doing KOTOR III is if their own projects tank badly. Which hardly puts them in a good bargaining position.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

We have to bear in mind that they left to themselves rush the game by LA and did not protest on the term of one year to do a game so important as it was, my vote is for Bioware.

Well to put things in perspective they didnt rush Bioware because at that point no one had any expectations of the game. The idea for the game having a holiday release only came about after the fantastic impression it made at E3.

It would be a very shortsighted LA which repeated the same thing because at the very least people are going to approach KOTOR III more warily. Unless of course LA deciede III is enough, then they will take what they can get and then move on.

The only way I can see Bioware doing KOTOR III is if their own projects tank badly. Which hardly puts them in a good bargaining position.

but I think that they will do the game, let's see it from this perspective:

1. Bioware started kotor 2 but gave it to obsidian.

2. obsidian will make nwn 2

3. bioware gave both games to begin the arrangements of kotor 3 and have enough time for this one.

it would be interesting heh (maybe I can be wrong) :ph34r:

but I think that they will do the game, let's see it from this perspective:

1. Bioware started kotor 2 but gave it to obsidian.

2. obsidian will make nwn 2

3. bioware gave both games to begin the arrangements of kotor 3 and have enough time for this one.

it would be interesting heh (maybe I can be wrong)  :ph34r:

Yes, but assuming that Jade Empire and Dragon Age work out, then they have little to be gained from making KOTOR III. In a lot of ways it would be a step back for them.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I voted Bioware- just because it should give closure to the whole Revan thing and that involves most of K1's cast-which OE didn't seem to want to handle.

Incidentally does anyone have any ideas on the console RPG game that Bioware is working on using the UnReal engine that is being done after Dragon Age? Could it possibly be KOTOR3?? I mean, it would cover the whole issue of a new engine as well as redesigning combat...

And it will follow two original IPs from Bioware (Jade Empire and Dargon Age) so maybe they're going back to a 'safe' project after that. I'd say it's a strong possibllity.

I want to see a new engine and restructuring of the gameplay for KOTOR 3. Two games is enough for that engine and I'd hate to see K3 suffer the same problems that Jedi Academy had. That game seemed more of a chance to squeeze out a little more money out of a tired format. As for who should develop the new game I'd like to see Obsidian get another crack at it, those guy are good writers, but I'm not set on them, because they seemed to have failed miserable this time. Just as long as whoever developes the game keeps their distance from bringing in anymore then the planets of the EU they should be allright

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I voted Square. Why not make KOTOR series a devloper hat trick.

"If KOTOR I is Biowares best storytelling effort, really not interested."

KOTOR is not even close to BIo's best story telling efforts. That belongs to the Bg series, and HOTU. Though; KOTOR does slightly beat out KOTOR2 story telling wise 'cause at least the logic gaps are nowhere near as bad and we didn't get forced to journey with the Big Bad tm.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KOTOR is not even close to BIo's best story telling efforts. That belongs to the Bg series, and HOTU. Though; KOTOR does slightly beat out KOTOR2 story telling wise 'cause at least the logic gaps are nowhere near as bad and we didn't get forced to journey with the Big Bad tm.

HOTU was an awful story. "Look ma I'm another chosen one" . Makes them a bit of a one trick pony dosnt it.

478327[/snapback]

"HOTU was an awful story. "Look ma I'm another chosen one" . Makes them a bit of a one trick pony dosnt it."

HOTU was no Chosen One storyline. Did you even play it? No BIO game was a Chosen One story - not even KOTOR.

HOTU was no Chosen One storyline. Did you even play it? No BIO game was a Chosen One story - not even KOTOR.

Do you pay attention at all when playing games ?What was the whole you are the light of Cania thing about then? Really thats not my name. Yes it's your true name.... <yawn>

KOTOR only you can collect the star maps yadda yadda. Because wait for it big suprise :ermm: you the uber jedi of the age, you have just been playing a false identity.

478327[/snapback]

Neither one is a Chosen One story, sorry.Afterall, Chosen Ones tend to go down a very specifc path and they cannot fial. You can fail in both HOTU and KOTOR. Nice try; though.

Neither one is a Chosen One story, sorry.Afterall, Chosen Ones tend to go down a very specifc path and they cannot fial. You can fail in both HOTU and KOTOR. Nice try; though.

How can you fail in Kotor ?!? :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"How can you fail in Kotor ?!?"

The stupid space shooter mini game, that's how! >_

:D

Ahh yes, those. Bless whoever wrote the mini mod to remove them from the game...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein