Revan here, Revan there (Aug 31)

Atton didn't really knew which sex Revan was.

This was made for the game to ask you about how you pictured Revan.

I can only imagine.

"How long have you spent in that force cage? Revan was a woman."

"Well, maybe I just hoped he was a man."

That doesnt go too well, does it? :lol:

Well if the Atton character was female (an interesting thought, a female Han Solo)

then it would made sense.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Besides, the saving Bastila from the darkside/joining her on the darkside thing works better if Revan is male...

I disagree. :lol: Works wonderfully as a female trying to save someone considered a sister.

Do you really believe that??

I mean c'mon. The scene is much more powerful if Revan is male.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Besides, the saving Bastila from the darkside/joining her on the darkside thing works better if Revan is male...

I disagree. :lol: Works wonderfully as a female trying to save someone considered a sister.

When I played LS female, I just killed her (Yeah, I know, it's not really nice, but I got tired of whiny people who needs saving :))

I'm more inclined to go with DS Luke and Hive because the whole Bastila turned to the dark side gives you a bigger reason to go to the Star Forge to save her for love and all that stuff and gives you more of a sappy StarWars reason to turn her back to the light side with your love and all that... the sister thing works, yeah, but it's stronger storytelling-wise as a lover, but it's not as strong as a sister cos they're not really sisters...

Now, shall we just start a new thread involving this and not hijack Aimo's sketch thread? I mean, it's not very nice to do that, now, is it?

I disagree. ;) Works wonderfully as a female trying to save someone considered a sister.

It wouldn't have been like that if they were both female. They would have hated each other always being nice to each others face and then talking about what hores they were behind there backs, eventually ending in a sexy catfight

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm more inclined to go with DS Luke and Hive because the whole Bastila turned to the dark side gives you a bigger reason to go to the Star Forge to save her for love and all that stuff and gives you more of a sappy StarWars reason to turn her back to the light side with your love and all that... the sister thing works, yeah, but it's stronger storytelling-wise as a lover, but it's not as strong as a sister cos they're not really sisters...

Except you can love someone without wanting to get in their pants... especially when you happen to be a light Jedi. Love and sexual attraction are two different feelings even if they often come together. So to me that whole rescue bit works just as well no matter what gender Revan has...

OFFICIALLY, Revan is a guy... I think Exile could be female, but I'll play them as Male, caus that's what I am, and I'm not used to romancing guys...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I still need someone to link me to the "officially" part, because I can't find it.

I can't link you directly, due to their fancy flash site. But you already saw me quoting it in that other thread. I take it that you don't believe me?

Well go http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/index.html, select Game Info, then select Chronicles, and look at the last 2-3 entires - the ones mentioning Revan.

Except you can love someone without wanting to get in their pants... especially when you happen to be a light Jedi. Love and sexual attraction are two different feelings even if they often come together. So to me that whole rescue bit works just as well no matter what gender Revan has...

The thing about that to me, is that with Revan's mind destroyed Bastilla would essentially be Revan's "firstlove" making the bond even more powerful. I guess that view could only really be shared if you had a good experience of your first love, but to me you can't underestimate how strong those type of feeling are.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ok, they mention "he" a couple of times, but they go out of their way to avoid mentioning a sex at any point where they absolutely do not have to (even creating some awkward wording) - lending some credence to "he" being used as a convenience, like referring to God as "He" when in the original languages, a gender is not specified.

Ok, they mention "he" a couple of times, but they go out of their way to avoid mentioning a sex at any point where they absolutely do not have to (even creating some awkward wording) - lending some credence to "he" being used as a convenience, like referring to God as "He" when in the original languages, a gender is not specified.

I disagree. The whole text can easily be re-written to not include any gender specific words at all. It wouldn't take all that much effort.

After all, that's what they do on the KotOR I site. It can be done if you want to.

Hey, dammit, stop hijacking this thread, go start another one, do you want me to call the Devs? This is a thread for Aimo's SKETCHES, S-K-E-T-C-H-E-S! You want it locked cos you guys can't decide if a GAME CHARACTER's male or female? Start another thread, dammit.

Not that the devs can be "called", but you know...

Aimo: Really sorry about this, but I just realised something, the Mira and Exile sketch, is that using markers? Like, real media markers? So that thing worked, huh?

I disagree. :huh: Works wonderfully as a female trying to save someone considered a sister.

Do you really believe that??

I mean c'mon. The scene is much more powerful if Revan is male.

On the contrary. I think the whole love aspect between a male Revan and Bastilla is cliche and just cheapens the "moment." My male Revan just wanted to get in her pants.

Hey, dammit, stop hijacking this thread, go start another one, do you want me to call the Devs? This is a thread for Aimo's SKETCHES, S-K-E-T-C-H-E-S! You want it locked cos you guys can't decide if a GAME CHARACTER's male or female? Start another thread, dammit.

Not that the devs can be "called", but you know...

I don't appreciate people threatening me... but nevertheless, it is true that it is not fair to use Aimo's thread for this.

I apologise to Aimo, and shall no longer discuss this subject here.

OFFICIALLY, Revan is a guy... I think Exile could be female, but I'll play them as Male, caus that's what I am, and I'm not used to romancing guys...

Then learn. As for Revan being a guy he or she is what you want him or her to be. That's why your given an option, regarding that cannon crap who cares tis fairly useless information any how. Start another topic if you desire to talk about Reven's gender as fascinateing as that may be for some.

Secondly this is a topic about art I'm not sure I'm seeing the relevence from an artistic stand point as to your gender debate unless of course your requesting a male version of Revan? Oh and by the way Kiera is not insane it's a matter of prespective.

Lastly lets get back on topic.

Lady Alenuska

P.s. Aimo I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your art.