Cut Dialogue & Events

The Visas sacraficing herself IS in the game. I got it by being Dark Side Male. She does what she says, takes out her lightsaber, and stabs herself in the stomach. I don't think its complete though because after Nihilus is killed, she is still standing and it says that she is unconcious.

I don't think its complete though because after Nihilus is killed, she is still standing and it says that she is unconcious.

:lol:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The Visas sacraficing herself IS in the game. I got it by being Dark Side Male. She does what she says, takes out her lightsaber, and stabs herself in the stomach. I don't think its complete though because after Nihilus is killed, she is still standing and it says that she is unconcious.

Worked fine in my husband's ds game. She was laying down, still alive but near death, and he killed her. There was a more ds option to leave her half-alive on the deck of the Ravager, but he couldn't do it.

I had a mild glitch where Nihilus remained standing after he was dead. Couldn't do anything and didn't get his mask, but it was amusing anyway.

Mira/Handmaiden? {Player is reading her mind, these are her thoughts, player is reading her mind without her knowing}...and father left me, left us all, when he lost all that he loved at Malachor V.

That sounds like Handmaiden. Her father was at Malachor V, and he survived, until Revan killed him later. But his wife died there.

Mandalore? Atton? {These are his thoughts as he's thinking to himself, player is reading his mind without him knowing}We will not surrender, we will not die... like we did Malachor V.

This is obviously Mandalore.

This whole sequence actually seems to take place after Kreia leaves you for dead on Dantooine. It's conjecture on my part, but it makes the most sense given some of the elements within the script.

It's almost conceivable that at this point, they were all supposed to take off in the ship without you and pursue other parts of the dialog you guys have found.

Thanks for all the great info! Unbelievable dialogue that was cut. In one thread a copy of Atton's death scene dialogue was posted. I attempted to download it but the link refused to work. Does anyone have any links to this file that I could use? Thanks again, I apologize if I came to the wrong thread.

Royal

* Pictures Atton scratching his... equipment *

Ah man that would have been gold!

Also, I was really looking forward to bumping into Dustil. I even had the crazy idea that maybe he was Atton for a while but knew it wouldn't be true.

Though didn't you get to kill Dustil in the first one if you were evil?

It would have been awesome if the game could read your Xbox memory or your PC save files, looked for a completed Kotor 1 game and tailored the events of 2 to what you did in the first one. If you had several, you could select which one you wanted to use as a backstory, or just choose nothing and have it determined by your talk with Atton at the start like normal.

I'd like to add something about the HK-47/Remote/GO-TO scene that is puzzling me. It involves a few of lines of dialogue from that scene that seems a bit weird.

GO-TO: Stop him.

HK-50/51?: Unexpected Correction: We cannot harm that unit. It is a violation of our self-preservation programming.

GO-TO: Stop him.

HK-50/51?: Unexpected Correction: We are not here to aid you. We are here because our predecessor unit summoned.

Those just don't seem to flow together right. It seems to me that perhaps those lines weren't all meant to be part of the same scene, but instead were meant to be two varations of what could occur depending on whether or not you had done the HK-factory quest. My theory is this:

If you hadn't completed the factory quest, the other HK's still can't harm HK-47, because they suffer from a quirk in their self-preservation programming that makes them view HK-47 as themselves. In this case, only the the top two lines would play.

If you had completed the factory quest, then the other HK's come, but they are summoned by HK-47, not GO-TO. In this case, only the bottom two lines I listed would play.

What makes no sense, though, is that this would have allowed them to include that scene, even with the HK-factory being cut out. They could just use the self-preservation conflict scenario. So why wasn't that scene included?

Mad_Scientist:

The scene as it's laid out in the dialogue file itself is weird and out of order, and it's even mentioned in the scripting that there probably won't be time to finish it. There're all kinds of theories and clipped pieces re: that scene + the droid factory, and it's hard to know *precisely* what was intended (though there were certainly at least two possibilities).

The HK-51s don't appear unless you do the factory quest, where there's a lovely scene where you can either destroy them or reprogram them (but they couldn't hurt you either anyway) and there's also some stuff about HK-47 being reprogrammed. Eh.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Wow. I thought this sounded completely bizarre, so I tested it out, and yup: "You are his weakness - and you must be sacrificed if I am to live" only shows up if she's dressed like you said. I suppose it's a bug with the script that checks to make sure she has a melee weapon equipped (but I can't tell because it's not decompiled). One of the weirder bugs I've seen - thanks for pointing it out!

Also: painful scene.

No, it's not a bug. The script clearly makes a check to see if Visas is equipped with clothes only.

Wow. I thought this sounded completely bizarre, so I tested it out, and yup: "You are his weakness - and you must be sacrificed if I am to live" only shows up if she's dressed like you said. I suppose it's a bug with the script that checks to make sure she has a melee weapon equipped (but I can't tell because it's not decompiled). One of the weirder bugs I've seen - thanks for pointing it out!

Also: painful scene.

No, it's not a bug. The script clearly makes a check to see if Visas is equipped with clothes only.

And why would the script be set to that then. It sounds a little odd not to be a bug.

And why would the script be set to that then. It sounds a little odd not to be a bug.

Ask Obsidian... Nevertheless, from what I can see, the script (c_visas_melee.ncs) starts like this:

int StartingConditional()
{
   object oObject = GetObjectByTag("VisasMarr");
   object oItem   = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_BODY, oObject);
   if(GetTag(oItem) == "a_robe_01")

//...etc
}

Some scenes are already scripted in the game. By curiosity (I do not intend to work on this), I just fired a few existing scripts I found in the files from an armband I made. Here are some screenies I took from what I saw:

From the scene where atton is alive:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/atton2.jpg

From the scene where Atton is dying:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/atton1.jpg

And some new areas in the Trayus acedemy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/newareas.jpg

(the rooms are there but they do not appear on the map - once more, I just attached a small script to an armband that allows me to open any door)

wait a sec, how exactly did you get those cut scenes to work?

I made an armband some time ago to allow modders get the player coordinates in the game. Coordinates are useful when you want to place new stuff in existing or new areas. In kotor 1, we could use the "whereami" cheat code but in Kotor 2, since the cheat console was invisible, we had to find another way to get the coordinates.... The armband can be downloaded here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php but it is of no use if you don't mod.

I simply replaced my original script attached to the armband (d3_getloc.ncs) by a script setting global variables and was able to view the scenes by simply activating the armband.

That screenshot was really interesting to me. Until now, I'd assumed that Atton's death scene resulted from his torture scene, but that screenshot proved that wasn't so. During Atton's torture scene, Darth Sion supposedly sliced off one of Atton's arms with his lightsaber. Yet from that screenshot of Atton's death scene, both of Atton's arms were seen intact. I wonder what was supposed to have killed Atton, then...? Maybe it was actually a result of the big scene wherein the heroes confronted Darth Traya without the Exile...