what do u want in K3

personally in k3 i want a new game engine- its probly going to be on the new xbox so it probably will be a given. But what do u guys WANT out of k3, u can talk about storyline and characters, weapons/ships planets like Ilum, the chiss homeworld, the core worlds etc, species- NO GAMMOREANS- those piggly sum bitches. I just want a place for everything k3 becuz the other ones have been spammed out

Id like them to re examine the rules and either rework them for higher levels or drop the levels to a more reasonable range.

It's quite likely to be an Xbox II flagship title Bill will pay big to shift the things and get a jump on Sony and Nintendo.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

- Most obviously, although I want the game to be released asap, I'd like them to take their time to develop, test and QA the game, so that the released product is an unquestionably great game.

- Even more obviously, a fitting, sense-making, game ending would be greatly appreciated.

- Less 'solo' missions, and the few remaining, more sense-making (not just random and with little/no explaination).

- A new, up-to-date game engine (hl2 would be a nice one -> hint hint hint LucasArts!).

- A larger party members pool, with the option to ditch one to recruit another one in such pool, which the 2 active party members are chosen from.

- Again, ranged weapons made competitive.

- I'd like HK-47 (and my beloved Brianna, if that's feasible) back.

- Larger areas (like the ones in k1).

- As usual, new, original planets (specifically: no more jungles, no more Korriban, no more Nar Shaddaa, no more 'recycled' planets/areas) (more specifically: I'd like to see Hoth or another snowy planet, Coruscant woul dbe great as planet-city instead of Nar Shaddaa, Ossus would be a great replacement for Korriban, Corellia is what I've ever wanted to visit).

- More planets (10 or so).

- A great plot in its wholeness (like k1 was), with no unfinished matters or hinted-and-ditched parts.

- More character classes, prestige classes, feats, force powers.

- More character portraits/races/models to choose from.

- More customizable clothes' appearance (colours, shape, and stuff).

- Call me mawkish, but I want romance back, just like in k1. :blink:

- I'd appreciate the 'return to Ebon Hawk' thingie to be back.

- New, better designed, user-friendly HUD and character/inventory/skills/etc sheets.

well, that's it for now.

EDIT - I forgot on first replying, but well: NO MORE, meaning NEVER EVER AGAIN, an NPC should interrupt my combat when I'm on the winning side. SPOILER HERE:

In k1 Bastila did prevent me from finishing Malak when I first confronted him (and was beating the crap out of him), just to make things more difficult, and now in k2 Kreia does the same when I'm neatly trashing Sion on our first encounter.

1. Most of all, I want a good story, on par with the original if possible (fat chance, probably)

3. I want it to be done by Bioware (fat chance, probably)

2. I want to NEVER be forced to play other characters than the main character

4. A new engine would be more than welcome, even though this is far below any of the above three in importance

5. Even though they are just cheap replicas, I never want any HK droids to idiotically express their statements embellished with adjectives, such as "unnecessary addendum" and whatnot.. just lame.

6. No cheesy amnesia-plots

Maybe I'll think of more later

Well, let's see here:

1) I want an actual ending, not some sham being passed off as an ending (one that was totally lacking in any emotional impact whatsoever too might I add).

2) I want to see the robot planet/HK factory.

3) I would like for combat to be a bit more challenging than it was. Yes, slicing through hordes of enemies like a hot knife through butter WAS fun, but only for so long. I finally had to set it to difficult on the second time through & gimp myself for a challenge (note to self: try being a consular in the future...)

4) Better implementation of influence/triggers so that the NPC stories have better pacing.

5) NO BUGS! Okay, since that's impossible, let's just say fewer bugs.

6) Resolution to previous romances/stories for chrissake (Revan/Carth & the Exile/whoever the heck)

7) Speaking of those romances, in case they throw in new characters in KoTOR 3, any "romances" had better be more well-written than they were in KoTOR 2.

;) I also want to see Coruscant if they could manage to stuff that in (if they're not going into the unknown regions anyway) & the room of the Thousand Falling Waters that Kreia was talking about.

9) After all this talk about the true Sith in KoTOR 2, I want to see some "real" Sith.

10) I would also like quests that I can complete and that I won't have hanging over my head for all of eternity (curse that TSF bounty on the murderers!). ;)

11) Please, two times on Korriban is enough! No more trips to Korriban unless you come up with something REALLY good!

12) I would like to see Telos again, post-restoration.

1)Definatly on XBOX 2 and PC the better console seserves the game ;))

2)More party members

3)No wookies

4) No G0-TO

5)No HK-47

6)No T3-M4

7)More races

8)Female Cathar party member

9)Female TWilek Party MEmeber

10) Longer story

11)More sidequests

12)More Planets and larger areas on the planets

13) New more designed ship.

1)Definatly on XBOX 2 and PC the better console seserves the game ;))

2)More party members

3)No wookies

4) No G0-TO

5)No HK-47

6)No T3-M4

7)More races

8)Female Cathar party member

9)Female TWilek Party MEmeber

10) Longer story

11)More sidequests

12)More Planets and larger areas on the planets

13) New more designed ship.

I will leave anything else uncommented.

BUT NO HK-47???????

Are you people out of your minds???

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Pink lightsaber and robes.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

More serious wants:

1. HK-47 and T3-M4 to return. I think they have a lot to add.

2. The ability for Bastila, and a few npcs from the first and second games to able to join you when you reach a reasoanbly high level 9so they aren't hit by a silly mind wipe).

3. 6 reasonably sized planets - not just 2 overland, 2 underland mpas. *yawn*

4. No NPC to be forced on the player. The PC should have the option to kick party members out... but, there cna be consequences that occur. ie. A NPC who isn't happy being booted turning to the dark side or what not.

5. Able to play non Jedi classes.

6. Not forced to control npcs without PC around. And, I don't want the game to end if they land up dying solo. KTORO2 was about the Exile so why doe sit end if Atton is assassinated? LAME.

7.The ability to wholly influence npcs; and not just the other way around.

8. If the story has a plot twist; let it not be so dependent on it by making it fall apart by having the PC have to fake being stupid untilt he 'reveal'.

9. CHALLENGING COMBAT! This means npcs must use feats, skills, items, force powers, and intelligence as often as possible (within reason).

10. No more getting stat boosts just by talking to npcs. That's silly. Learning new skills, feats, or possible may occur; but ability scores don't get boosted just because you made nice with someoneone.

And, for old times sake,...

I don't want to be the Non Last Jedi Not Jedi crap...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

T-3 is the star of the show in KOTOR II. They really captured that R2-D2 vibe this time around. In KOTOR he was just there to open a door and that was it.

When you got hold of that Protocol droid I sort of groaned but nothing came of it :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

1. A new engine (Unreal Engine 3.0 or something alike)

2. Improved influence system.

3. Harder combat (yes, harder. Not longer).

4. Unlike most people, i liked when you have split up your party, more of that.

5. Romances in KotOR II were the step in right direction, but a more conclusive one this time. No shallow Bastila "save the princess"-scenarios.

6. T3-M4 and HK-47 must be in, they're the C3PO and R2-D2 of the series.

7. Let the story focus on finishing the story of Revan/the Exile, making it end in a huge epic battle.

8. I rather have 6 big, involving and varied planets than 10 dull and uninspired ones. Consistency and balance is paramount.

9. No non-jedi bullsh*t. KotOR is about lightsabers and the force, not blasters and grenades.

10. Have a female Twi'lek as a love interest.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

T-3 is the star of the show in KOTOR II. They really captured that R2-D2 vibe this time around. In KOTOR he was just there to open a door and that was it.

When you got hold of that Protocol droid I sort of groaned but nothing came of it :D

True. And, IMO, HK-47 is similar to C3PO, in a way. They both are biped standing droids instead of crawling cans, they both are very strict about their primary function (HK47 also has a line in k2 saying 'I am fluent in more than 6.000 languages' or kind of, a tribute to 'I am fluent in over than 6.000.000 forms of communication bla bla bla' line from C3PO in ROTJ), they both love to put their lines in unrequested, they both are often a pain in the *** to have around...

More serious wants:

1. HK-47 and T3-M4 to return. I think they have a lot to add.

agreed.

but in my case its the whole star wars thing where the droids are the one constant in all the movies. it would be kind of cool to see them be in all the games (atleast for the kotor series).

2. The ability for Bastila, and a few npcs from the first and second games to able to join you when you reach a reasoanbly high level 9so they aren't hit by a silly mind wipe).

agreed.

especially if kotor3 represents the "final chapter", it would be interesting to have some memorable npcs wrap things up with your pc to end things, but only at a point in the game where its feasible for their level whatever butts to join.

3. 6 reasonably sized planets - not just 2 overland, 2 underland mpas. *yawn*

agreed.

some of the planets (about half) in kotor2 felt smallish and confining.

4. No NPC to be forced on the player. The PC should have the option to kick party members out... but, there cna be consequences that occur. ie. A NPC who isn't happy being booted turning to the dark side or what not.

agreed.

it would add even more replayability, considering you could pick and choose which npcs join you. it would also make you choose smartly, since if you diss one npc and that npc just happens to be ultra powerful, then youve made yourself another bad ass enemy.

5. Able to play non Jedi classes.

sort of agreed.

i want to play a star wars rpg where you can play as a non jedi class, but im not sure kotor is the series for it, mainly since it seems to be so centred around the "jedi vs. sith", "darkside vs. lightside" idea.

6. Not forced to control npcs without PC around. And, I don't want the game to end if they land up dying solo. KTORO2 was about the Exile so why doe sit end if Atton is assassinated? LAME.

disagree.

i liked this feature. it might not have been implemented as best as it could have, but i thought it was a neat feature, especially considering it didnt happen TOO much. once on peragus, twice on nar shadaa, once on dxun, once on malachor (only briefly too).

7.The ability to wholly influence npcs; and not just the other way around.

agreed.

although i liked the influence system, id like to see it tweaked even more to make it completely fleshed out. right now it seemed like a pretty good beta version of the influence system.

8. If the story has a plot twist; let it not be so dependent on it by making it fall apart by having the PC have to fake being stupid untilt he 'reveal'.

indifferent.

this one i couldnt really be bothered with. most plot twists in games end up being of similar kind.

9. CHALLENGING COMBAT! This means npcs must use feats, skills, items, force powers, and intelligence as often as possible (within reason).

agreed.

the ease of combat was just mindboggling. especially when the game is filled with dark jedi attacking me, yet for some unknown reason, they refuse to pepper me with force storm or force crush of their own, instead charging at me with their lightsabers while i mop them up before they even get within 10 feet of me.

10. No more getting stat boosts just by talking to npcs. That's silly. Learning new skills, feats, or possible may occur; but ability scores don't get boosted just because you made nice with someoneone.

disagree.

this happens in other games as well when you get "trained" by someone through dialogue.

I cant believe i agreed with volourn for 7 out of 10 of his wish list. :)