Cut Ending Stuff

Go drink beer.  Or smoke a blunt.  There's more important things to worry about then a game...

And how exactly are those things more important than a game?

Man, I just love it when people give come in and provide insightful advice about life like that. :)

It makes your life more social. What would you rather do, go spend the whole night in front of a computer, or go out and spend time with good friends, have a good time? If you want the former, thats fine, but I know I wouldn't want to. What my point with the previous post is, is that this whole issue has been completely been blown out of proportion. Not only by people who want the ending back, but also the by the people who said screw you obsidian, you suck and deserve herpes.

manitsbuggy, please tell me where I told everyone to shut up. Or if I even implied it. As for me wanting attention, no, that's not the intention of that post. My intention was, as I stated, to further stir up the s--tstack. Now how about you answer my question? Hell, you don't have to post what you think, all I'm asking is this: Ask yourself, does it really mean that much to you, 50 bucks spent on a game you might not be satisfied with? Or would that be asking to much?

And yes. The post was offensive. So what?

It makes your life more social.  What would you rather do, go spend the whole night in front of a computer, or go out and spend time with good friends, have a good time?  If you want the former, thats fine, but I know I wouldn't want to.  What my point with the previous post is, is that this whole issue has been completely been blown out of proportion.  Not only by people who want the ending back, but also the by the people who said screw you obsidian, you suck and deserve herpes.

If you need to rely on drugs and alcohol to make your life more social, I pity you (and your liver).

Basically what you're doing with your post is a big 'get a life!' to the people who care about this stuff, only without the 12 year old-ish attitude. If it's been blown out of proportion, if they are actually right, only time will tell. I personally would like to see a better ending, but I couldn't be bothered to sign the petition. Still, it's amusing how some people feel like they have a right to tell others what their priorities should be.

How about you let people live their lives? :thumbsup:

And yes.  The post was offensive.  So what?

So you're a troll. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it tends to hurt your overall credibilty. If your comments draw flak, don't come crying.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yes, please try to stay decent. There are other threads for bashing Obsidian (see also: most of this forum), there are other places for telling people they're losers (see also: Way Off Topic). This is a thread for sharing your KOTOR2-cut-discoveries, staring in awe at the discoveries of others, and sure, bitterness too, but not tons and tons. Thanks.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Well, time to stop lurking and actually post. I have been following this thread since it first started, and I finally felt the need to say something.

I realize that OE doesn't have the time or money to be restoring the cut content for us and that they have other things to worry about. I also think that a good solution would be for them to simply release an official set of editing tools for the game. That would help them win back the respect of the many people on this thread and other similar ones that now have an extreme dislike for Obsidian, as well as giving modders the opportunity to restore the full ending as well as the droid factory missions.

Since we already know what was supposed to happen in the cut content and we already have most of the files required, some of the better modders out there would have no problem restoring the content using an official set of edidting tools.

Hopefuly once any contractual obligiations that OE has to LA expire, they will be able to release an editing kit, and we will be able to have the real endings!

I realize that OE doesn't have the time or money to be restoring the cut content for us and that they have other things to worry about. I also think that a good solution would be for them to simply release an official set of editing tools for the game.

Yes they do. Time and money shouldn't even be an issue since the content is basically 90% done.

I realize that OE doesn't have the time or money to be restoring the cut content for us and that they have other things to worry about. I also think that a good solution would be for them to simply release an official set of editing tools for the game.

Yes they do. Time and money shouldn't even be an issue since the content is basically 90% done.

Perhaps, but that is the defence that OE will use whenever we ask for a real ending patch for the game, as they did in the email that was posted earlier in this thread.

contract eh.. does anyone know the terms of that contract? it may involve OE promising not to release without LA's approval any application that can be used to edit or modify any content within LA published games that OE has/have developed for an indefinite amount of time.

WAY OFF TOPIC: news: a man just sued a famous burger franchise for serving him a burger that is too hot and he end up suffering from minor burns in his lips and tongue :p . the case is being advocated by a consumer rights group(both names of group and plaintiff are withheld from this post)

that would be a funny way to get the content back, file a case of nagative psychological effects due to the content (or lack there of).

that is if anyone is desperate enough :p

contract eh.. does anyone know the terms of that contract? it may involve OE promising not to release without LA's approval any application that can be used to edit or modify any content within LA published games that OE has/have developed for an indefinite amount of time.

WAY OFF TOPIC: news: a man just sued a famous burger franchise for serving him a burger that is too hot and he end up suffering from minor burns in his lips and tongue :p . the case is being advocated by a consumer rights group(both names of group and plaintiff are withheld from this post)

that would be a funny way to get the content back, file a case of nagative psychological effects due to the content (or lack there of).

that is if anyone is desperate enough :p

Well, it is widely known that LA doesn't support modding of their games, so I'm sure OE won't be able to release an editing kit until the contract that they have expires. Lets us just hope that it will expire....

As to your way off topic point: That would be the funniest lawsuit ever. Have everyone on this forum file a class action suit against LA for causing permenant phychological damage to us by making OE cut out the end of the game.

Hey everyone, noobie here.

I just thought I would add in my 2 cents.

I thought the game was great the first time I played through as a lightside male.

But then I started to think about it some and saw the gaps of logic in the game as the credits scrolled.

It started right after my confrintation with the council, Kreia wastes the council and takes off for Telos with Handmadien.

How did she get to Telos? Steal the Ebon Hawk? Ok but then how did the exile get to Telos to save Handmadien (LS Male)? I guess I'm just supposed to use my imagination right? It goes on and on as others have said so I won't waste time.

Anyway as many have said before the game got rushed at the end, why?

I then came to this site for some ansewers. And I got them alright.

I cannot even write how dissapointed I am at the corportates for not realizing this game to it's fullest potential.

After reading the ending how it was supposed to be I had the feeling of just being mugged and my money taken.

I have read some of the posts here and I would like to say I don't think OE would intentionally do this to the consumer.

BUT I do think that Microsoft and Lucas Arts would.

With the SUPRISE (w00t) early Christmas release of TSL for the XBOX, Obsidian would have been hard pressed to complete the game.

But they had another month to complete for the PC right?

WRONG.

Once TSL was released on the Xbox that was it. That was the final version, complete or not. Obsidian couldn't show any favor to the PC version and complete the story as it was intended to be. It was already half-***** on the Xbox for the sake of PROFITS in the Christmas season.

The rushed endning I feel was forced upon the game for the sake of making money in the Christmas season.

Darth Gates and his minion Lord Lucas just wanted their MONEY.

And with TWO huge mega-corporations pressing down on them I am suprised OE still turned out a good game.

It is truly a crime because it could have been a GREAT game not just a GOOD game.

Well that's my two cents, I'm sure everyone already knew all that stuff but I just needed to get that off my chest.

Wow. Never thought I'd find something like this when I woke up this morning...

Like a lot of you, after finishing KotOR2 a few days ago, the ending left me a bit slack-jawed. Questions crossed my mine, such as "...Huh?", and "...Huh?!" Talk about feeling incomplete...

Honesty, as the game ended, I don't believe I had heard speech out of any of my party members (besides Mira, Remote, and G0-T0) for at least an hour, if not two. I wasn't ready to give them up, darnit! The lack of closure made me wonder why I had spent $30 on this game...

I usually stay away from game communities, since a lot of them are... well, not good. Lo and behold, I stumble across this thread the one day I stepped outside the line.

To all who uncovered all of this, thanks a ton! Closure, even if it is just a soundbyte, is better than nothing. Good luck with the modding!

w00t! 100 000 views.

If only the modders can do something about it, most have said "cool idea", but no one has actively tried to mod the ending as far as i know.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hey aurora how is the mod going, email me if you need any help with testing or finding dialogue files at hifromdan@hotmail.com.

Cheers

Dan

Fairly slowly. There are some talented people who've volunteered and who are eager to help. Hopefully most of them will stick around. I have a fair amount of the ending organized/worked out, but there's still some stuff that's still puzzling me.

I'm mostly waiting for updates to the KOTOR modding tools, particularly KOTORTool. It'll be easier to tell exactly how much we can get done once that's fully updated for TSL.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Wouldn't it take longer to change the ending? After all, the voice recording and dialog were done for those bits - it would've taken extra to record new lines and write new dialog - heh, maybe Obsidian put too much weight on the game programmers.

K1 suffered many delays right? Sure, it was annoying at the time but now that I have a reference to compare the difference I'm happy that it was delayed or else, well, you see what's happened.

Even with the cut ending stuff, the ending itself (like flying into the Nebula, being told about the True Sith being alive, Kreia being wacko and then dropping dead on your command) is the same right?

Voice file info: the voice files seem to work every except Windows Media Player. I use Media Player Classic as my secondary media player when WMP fails (you shouldn't need to rename files to MP3)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

All i can say is thanks for posting these scripts.

I just finished the game like an hour ago and it left me with big "HUH" at the end.

Tho id rather have seen this ingame it still give some closure to what could have happen.

Obsidian and LA - shame on yer.

Award winning game? Not..

Hope the Devs take this lesson to heart and learn something from it.

Dont rush a game.

It leave bugs.

Unpolished characters, story, plot.

Gameplay.

(and for love of all gameing, upgrade the friggen graphic, yr 2005 yet it looks like something from 1999!!).

(and for love of all gameing, upgrade the friggen graphic, yr 2005 yet it looks like something from 1999!!).

Thats hardly fair. I think the graphics are fine. A belive that in time for next game, they should update though.

K3 is being written from scratch (ie, new Engine). I think the graphics are fine, and much better than 1999 standards. Besides, it means I was able to run it :rolleyes: on my old computer. Besides, how else could it have been completed so quickly (probably too quickly). Also, maybe they decided against writing a new engine because they realised from BioWare that a lot of people with older machines were asking if they could play it - make it too new and you lose sales.

I am realistic though, K3 will not run on my current machine. Looks like I've got a time limit to save up and buy that ATI X850XT I want (or whatever is the top at the time).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)