Mike Gallo interview at Xequted

Gallo's comments about the PC version being essentially identical to the XBox version when they asked if they were going to fix all the reported bugs except for a little more polish is less than encouraging.

I wish the devs here would comment on the bug issues, can't recall seeing anything about that since the XBox release.

Oh well, hope I'm wrong and the game works out better on the PC.

Gallo's comments about the PC version being essentially identical to the XBox version when they asked if they were going to fix all the reported bugs except for a little more polish is less than encouraging.

I wish the devs here would comment on the bug issues, can't recall seeing anything about that since the XBox release.

Oh well, hope I'm wrong and the game works out better on the PC.

I hope you're right.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Xequted: There have been complaints on the LucasArts forums about a lot of bugs in the game on the Xbox, will the PC version address these issues when it's released?

Mike Gallo: The PC version of the game is essentially the same as the Xbox version with the exception of the high-res textures, higher screen resolutions and other high end graphic card features. The game has also had several more weeks of development, so it has a few more weeks of polish.

He didn't even answer the question, he just avoided it all together. Several weeks of polish but when GameSpy posted a preview, the article EXPLICITLY mentioned many annoying bugs. That build was also a 98% complete version but it still had countless bugs...

Also, if you look at the gamespot interview, he did the same thing :

GS: Tell us about the new Force powers and Jedi abilities in the sequel. Were any of them tweaked in the PC version based on feedback on the Xbox version?

MG: We've added more than 60 new feats and Force powers in KOTOR II. All the powers and feats were rebalanced for the sequel, and most of that work was completed in October and November.

Umm... Ok, did you answer the question? No...

GS: Were there any other aspects of the game that were tweaked or modified for the PC, such as the level cap?

MG: We didn't adjust much in the PC version of the game, because once you start changing certain things, you have the potential for breaking something else that was working fine. We were careful about any changes or adjustments in the PC version.

It just seems like all the suggestions were ignored but then again, what can you expect from LucasArts? He didn't even mention anything about bug squashing.

I too find it irritating that they have consistently refused to give a straight answer to questions about problem fixes :angry:

- or perhaps they are saying what they seem to be saying - that they have chosen not to work on the problems. :)

That seems like the most logical interpretation. :(

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

He didn't even mention the rumor that the PC version is suppose to come with a free puppy

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

You know, I've been involved in other forum communities based on Lucasarts' games. I can recall when Jedi Academy came out, everyone was upset about bugs on the Raven forums, and they didn't respond to them at all for almost six months. At the time, everyone was saying things like everyone is saying around here too... even stating that the devs just don't care.

The truth of the situation however, was that the game developers were very concerned about the bug issues, and did not like seeing their hard work and passion end up the way it did... one developer eventually came on and said that it made him extremely upset to read of all the problems and not be able to respond or do anything about it.

And why couldn't they? Specific agreements with Lucasarts prohibited them from doing so. It took them almost six months to be able to just say that. The reason we are not getting a response is because Lucasarts won't let them respond, under penalties and with possible ramifications that could hurt Obsidian as a developer in the industry. They may design games, but partnering and dealing with Lucasarts is not a game.

To suggest that the Obsidian development team simply doesn't care or isn't interested is preposterous. These people put their heart and soul into this for over a year, and obviously took great care to make a game both worthy of the franchise, yet cutting edge enough to take some risks. Saying that they don't care about TSL, is like suggesting that they just don't care about Planescape Torment. Nobody likes for their work to go unfinished. If they could fix it, they would. One doesn't put such effort and care into something, only to give up at the last minute. These are perfectionists and professionals, not amateurs or hobbyists.

When Obsidian is given authorization to publicly discuss or release a bugfix - if they are ever allowed to - then rest assured that it will be posted on these forums. Not before, and no matter how loudly one screams about it.

Lucas Arts and Obsidian should speak clearly about the problems that have been reported - or find somebody who can - and fix whatever problems it makes sense to fix.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

And why couldn't they?  Specific agreements with Lucasarts prohibited them from doing so.  It took them almost six months to be able to just say that.  The reason we are not getting a response is because Lucasarts won't let them respond, under penalties and with possible ramifications that could hurt Obsidian as a developer in the industry.  They may design games, but partnering and dealing with Lucasarts is not a game.

Lucasarts doesn't want them to talk about the issues with the game with us? I would be interested to know what kind of silly thinking is behind that policy. :blink:

i didnt read the article, but did mike gallo make another promise and then break it?  :rolleyes:"

I don't think he would dare. At that point the very interviewer would punch him in the nose.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well I remember when the huge flurry of bug reports came from the XBox release, it was asked to Akari whether the PC or International version would be any different. He responded I recall they'd be the same though he did say that the bug issues would be fixed for the PC and Intl. XBox versions.

Of course it's been a while since then and not another word from the devs on this issue, I hope Akari was right and they managed to get the bugs out and have a patch in the works soon after if they didn't get most.

I find fascinating how Gallo keeps giving the same monotonous response he's been giving since TSL was announced whenever asked about any changes or fixes, always the same we've changed the interface since the first game, yaddah yaddah and dodges the question completely. Of course had I a chance to ask Gallo everything I wish to ask there'd be quite a few things I'd like to know aside the whole bug factor. Such as:

Why they selected to have an open cliffhanger ending since they made it virtually impossible to reuse the same character as a protagonist in KotOR 3

I find fascinating how Gallo keeps giving the same monotonous response he's been giving since TSL was announced whenever asked about any changes or fixes, always the same we've changed the interface since the first game, yaddah yaddah and dodges the question completely.

if he ever loses his job at lucasarts, he need not worry. hes got great potential for a career in politics. :rolleyes:"

I find fascinating how Gallo keeps giving the same monotonous response he's been giving since TSL was announced whenever asked about any changes or fixes, always the same we've changed the interface since the first game, yaddah yaddah and dodges the question completely.

if he ever loses his job at lucasarts, he need not worry. hes got great potential for a career in politics. :thumbsup:"

Yea, he'd have to compete with the likes of some great statesmen like George W. Bush... Which one would "out lie" the other?

if he ever loses his job at lucasarts, he need not worry. hes got great potential for a career in politics. :thumbsup:"

Yea, he'd have to compete with the likes of some great statesmen like George W. Bush... Which one would "out lie" the other?

How could he compete with G.W. !!! G.W. is the man that used the word Hispanicly when explaining the way Hispanics do things. (w00t)

I just thought that the questions really sucked. I mean if they supposively took the time to go on the Lucasars Forum to see that there was a lot of complaining about bugs, surely there would have been atleast as many complaints about how easy this game is. To me this was the greatest weakness of this game, bugs you can just save often and in alot of different slots, but difficulty can really only be achieved if you just stop leveling up at about level 12

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

How could he compete with G.W. !!! G.W. is the man that used the word Hispanicly when explaining the way Hispanics do things. (w00t)

That's unpossible.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I just thought that the questions really sucked. I mean if they supposively took the time to go on the Lucasars Forum to see that there was a lot of complaining about bugs, surely there would have been atleast as many complaints about how easy this game is. To me this was the greatest weakness of this game, bugs you can just save often and in alot of different slots, but difficulty can really only be achieved if you just stop leveling up at about level 12

*Sigh* But the interview wasn't meant to be productive. All the questions have to go through LucasArts first or if Mike Gallo sees a question he doesn't like, he just won't answer it. They don't want to admit that they couldn't really care about the PC version but they dont wan't us PC owners to b*tch that we aren't getting the game while the X-BOX users are. That's the only reason they're even developing KotOR 2 for the PC. Just look at the priority the PC release is given huh? There are 5 people working on the WHOLE game which is pretty sad. When the game was being developed for X-BOX ATLEAST 15 people were working on it.

That's unpossible.

Indeed. Considering the man managed to fool many of his countrymen into going to war with another sovereign nation on the pretense that they had WMDs when they didn't (and that fact was pretty obvious...). Ofcourse, many still did oppose the war it's just that their voices were ignored. Just imagine Mike Gallo getting booted out of office:

[Reporter] : Why were you voted out?

[Mike Gallo] : *sniff* *sniff* I couldn't lie well enough... :(

That's unpossible.

Me fail English?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!