• Darth Malak
    • Darth Sion
    • Darth Traya
    • Darth nihilus
    • Atris
    • Tarisian Governer
    • The One
    • Bastila on the Star Forge

[spoilers, sort of] It's funny, I didn't think that any of the "boss" battles that the main character fights were that difficult, once you got the trick. Kreia was fairly easy once I realized that I could break combat by hiding behind a column, allowing me time to heal, power up the verpine prototype shield, activate force powers, etc. Then, out from behind the column to finish off Kreia. The lighsabers were no problem thanks to a glitch in the AI pathfinding that caused them to get stuck around corners, leaving them fairly easy to take out one by one.

For me, the hardest fight was the three Dark Jedi Masters in Freedon Nadd's tomb. I lost to them several times with Visas/Mandalore/Bao-Dur. Finally, I was able to use adhesive grenades to stick them in place and grenade them to death -- Mandalore was the only one standing at the end. A close second was the six mercs outside of the Crystal/Kinrath Cave on Dantooine (I know, you can avoid fighting them by lying and pretending to help them, but I had the handmaiden with me and when I took that course I lost influence with her. I was trying to keep as much influence with the NPCs as possible.)

A great game . . . Shame about the ending, though.

Kotot2 I only finished LS up to now, so no idea how the Jedi fight. Most problems I had facing the three Sith Lords on Dxun. I went as Visas, Mira and Handmaiden and lost 3 or 4 times before I managed to pass on using my unbeatable rabbit tactics. :D

Traya was just an endless battle without ever getting me in danger of losing (force channel and off you go), the sabers were dumb as banthas, so no problem there either. Sion was getting on me nerves respawning all the time, not more. Nihilus didn't stand a chance against my force powers (Sentinel/Jedi Master).

All in all I guess Malak was worst, yes.

I can't remember the governor of telos tbh, can anyone help me out, please?

Malak was a pansy pushover.

Totally agree, Master Flurry + Master Speed = you could beat him without going around killing those trapped jedi.

And the Tarisian gov was easy as long as u get his shield down.

The one I always had a hard time with was Davik and Starkiller those guys where fairly hard.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I thought Darth Traya was pretty hard. The first time you "beat" her (before the 3 lightsabers come) I was like "Yeah, go me!" then the lightsabers showed up and I was like Right.....

Malak was pretty hard too but if you use enough stimulants he's not too bad.

yea. i was SO mad when she regained her health and brought up those three stinking lightsabers and my health didnt even go back up like hers!

Totally agree, Master Flurry + Master Speed = you could beat him without going around killing those trapped jedi.

The one I always had a hard time with was Davik and Starkiller those guys where fairly hard.

Fight Malak in hard. You'll get pwned. Even if your DS and try to use DL/DF to gain health from the Jedi, Malak will kill you. One Force Jump = 100 damage. One Flurry= dead. Critcal Strike=ALWAYS stun.

Fight Malak in hard. You'll get pwned. Even if your DS and try to use DL/DF to gain health from the Jedi, Malak will kill you. One Force Jump = 100 damage. One Flurry= dead. Critcal Strike=ALWAYS stun.

You don't really have to use the force on him.Have a lot of thermal denators.

• 1 year later...

I am currently working on Vrook in defense bonus 9 armor and 2 purty good sabers and the old fart is whacking the crap out of me. Not to mention Atton and DSJedi Handmaiden are standin there watchin. Zez Kai-Ell was easy. I haven't faced Kavar or the chick yet.

Have you tried casting Plague on him? Try that, and then when his movement slows down, use either Master Speed or Force Storm to reduce his health while leading him around one of your party members. His AI script is such that if you are near him, he is less likely to heal immediately but will instead chase your PC, and you can lead him around until when ready to attack again.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Whoever said the One was the hardest boss deserves to be shot. he wasnt even like a boss. i just used force wave a couple of times on him and he died. Id have to say malak was the hardest. Lol and for the guys on Kotor 2 the three dark jedi on freedom nadd. I just ran around the room and had atton attak them and die and he used his special to come back alive and fight some more. while i was running around throwing gernades.

*cries*

I had absolutely no challenge what so ever from any of the bosses. at all.

I was only kiled once, and that was by traya's freakin sabers.

I always use a scoundrel/consular, its the best considering the bonuses I get and the fact that I use alot of force powers.

I died when i made my consular/ sith assassin, becuase i messed up with the skills and what not. When i made this guy, he was like consular:12

assassin:10

now i rented it (i sold kotor 2 for money for new , suposedly better games,) again, and im at the end with like a freakin

consular:16

Sith Lord:2

and i HAVE FORCE CRUSH, THE MOST Spifftacular power ever!

Edited by Darth Ekim

Malak, cos he like resisted all forcepowers (unless you did that force breach) and having a max level of 20, wasnt cabable of beating him, unless you did all the tricks in the book, and also you got lots of misses for most of your moves. when you usually get like 30s, 25s you got like 12s. and then comes along acrobatic malak with his fancy style of jumping fighting and whoops your ass. when you deliver some kick ass he just goes off like a wuss and gets some more health

i remember one me and him where racing to the last jedi for we where both on low health

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Sion. Can a bit irritating to see him quite a few times in K2.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Sion you just need to endure him long enough so you can beat him at the game, the power of the wills. You must over power him with your strong will.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I swear Sherruk had a critical threat range of 10-20. That guy was a killing machine.

Did anyone else miss the trio of Dark Jedi you would always run across in KOTOR? There was a serious lack of force users in KOTOR 2. Now, I know that the storyline dictated that there weren't a lot of force users around. Still, I found the force resistance powers to be quite useless in this game. If you didn't invest in at least one level of that in KOTOR, you were going to get yourself choked by those guys, let alone what you'll get on the Forge.

In KOTOR, if you didn't have that tree of powers or electrical resistance gear you were going to die by Malak's hand even if you were a big damage dealer. In KOTOR 2, even the bosses don't use the force against you enough to convince me to spend a power on force resistance.

The thing is all about patience, Stims, and Powers(force barrier and meditation) Canderous or Revan(if combat oriented only) are the ones who would have the best chance of taking him out. sheruk aint tough at all no matter when i fought him. if you can get a suped up mission or T3-M4 to gun him down. flame throwers are useful. mines were helpful but i saved those for the Sandpeople Chieftan who gave me the biggest grief.

malak took me awhile so i voted for him

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."