lord of the rings - battle of pelennor...

random evil guy

is it the best scene ever...? so beautiful, the music, the camera angles, the effects; it's amazing. it's definately my favourite scene from the lotr films; some might say it's a bit over the top, but i love it.

what is your favourite scene from the films and do you think peter jackson did a good job?

edit:

i'm drunk rights now, so i can't be responsible for anything i write... :ermm: :D

is it the best scene ever...? so beautiful, the music, the camera angles, the effects; it's amazing. it's definately my favourite scene from the lotr films; some might say it's a bit over the top, but i love it.

what is your favourite scene from the films and do you think peter jackson did a good job?

edit:

i'm drunk rights now, so i can't be responsible for anything i write... :ermm:  :D

i have to say, i love it when the eagles come. the music is suddenly calm and soothing; ahhh sweet.

Zoq: We'd have to say the Mines of Moria scene, as it was the first truly awe-inspiring scene of the trilogy.

Fot: Especially the Balrog!! :ermm:

Pik: ...

Zoq: Other than that, it would have to be when Rohan shows up at Minas Tirith and Theodin gives his speech. Awesome.

zoqfotpik-sitting.gif

had to edit when I realized it "wasn't allowed" to quote another movie .. :p

from Lotr .. hmm

maybe when Pippin is singing .. I just thought that was a perfect fit! scenes, sounds, angles .. the works!

Fortune favors the bald.

i used to be a lotr fanboy, but Im over it now. I felt that the constant hyping and promoing of the movies rasie d evry1s expectations, and rotk was a bit long. The battle scenes are always over pompous, and they are always false climaxing, e.g. bfore the rohirrim ride to minas tirith, the huge pompous music and speech before they ride, etc. etc.

There's always the danger that, because we know hype creates a false expectation and gives rise to false praise, that we will turn against something we would otherwise have enjoyed. I don't make the claim that your feelings for the film are derived out of hype any more than I suggest that any particular person praises the film because of the hype. Still, it is undoubtedly true that some folks bought into the hype and some folks rebelled against it.

Nothing turns more folks away from a particular work than success. After all, if the unwashed masses enjoy a film, then there must certainly be something wrong with it.

I'm happy to prove myself part of the unwashed masses (although quite well washed) by admitting I loved the films. My favorite was probably the Return of the King, even though I admit I thought Theodin's speech was the best of the film. I wanted to think better of Aragorn's rousing address, but it just fell short by quite a bit in comparison.

My least favorite film was the Two Towers. While it's a tough call between Fellowship and Return for my favorite, there's no doubt that I enjoyed the Two Towers least. *shrug* I still thought it was a great flick. Maybe a little much of the last action elf.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

may favourite sine was whe de orcks stp and talk:

-What do yuo smell?

-Manflesh

totally sweet and awesome..

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

One of my favorite scenes has to be from ROTK when all the beacons of Gondor are lit. Always makes me pretty emotional.

Another "weepy" moment is when Pippin is singing in ROTK.

Out of the three, I have to say that ROTK had the best score.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

Mine is in TTT when the Hornburg prepares for defence, and the Elves come join their forces. Just the music and the whole scene of the Elves marching across the bridge...

*shivers*

That gives me goosebumps.

Close second is when the people of Rohan are on their way to the Hornburg and the wargs of Isengard attack. That scene begins so brilliant: slow-motion, the music starts (IMO the best piece of score of the whole trilogy btw), the wargs come jumping over the top of the hill, Legolas firing his arrows...

*shivers again*

That gives me goosebumps too.

There are so many brilliant scenes over those three movies, I don't know where to start. I just watched them all together in one sitting a couple of weeks ago. That was really something. Of course I had seen them all numerous times in the theatre, and then on DVD afterwards, but seeing it all as essentially one 13-hour movie was remarkable.

Anyways, to the topic at hand...

-Theoden's speech at Pelennor for certain. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.. I think I almost fell out of my seat at the theatre at that moment. Just a brilliant, brilliant piece of work from Bernard there.

-Pippin's singing for Denethor as Faramir and his soldiers charge into Osgilliath

-The lighting of the signal fires, though that loses a lot in moving to the tv screen. In the theatre it was monumentally overwhelming.

-The tear that falls down Grima's cheek when he sees Saruman's amassed army.

-Theoden's lament at the burial of his son. Again, Bernard turns in a staggering performance there, really capturing the emotion of the scene but also of the entire situation at hand.

-The Argoranth statues on the Anduin. The first time I saw that I was stunned and my eyes still open wide there.

-At the coronation, when Aragorn tells the Hobbits that they bow to no-one. It's so emotional and perfect.

-Theoden yet again - when he's dying at Pelennor, and he says to Eowyn "I know your face..." and his exchange with her there. Beautiful.

I could go on. I'm definately a major fan of the films (and the books) and am proudly in the camp of those who vaunt the glory of the trilogy and the workmanship involved. A total fanboy no doubt about it.

newlogo.gif

-Theoden's speech at Pelennor for certain. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.. I think I almost fell out of my seat at the theatre at that moment. Just a brilliant, brilliant piece of work from Bernard there.

Pippin's singing for Denethor as Faramir and his soldiers charge into Osgilliath

-The lighting of the signal fires, though that loses a lot in moving to the tv screen. In the theatre it was monumentally overwhelming.

-The tear that falls down Grima's cheek when he sees Saruman's amassed army.

-Theoden's lament at the burial of his son. Again, Bernard turns in a staggering performance there, really capturing the emotion of the scene but also of the entire situation at hand.

-The Argoranth statues on the Anduin. The first time I saw that I was stunned and my eyes still open wide there.

-At the coronation, when Aragorn tells the Hobbits that they bow to no-one. It's so emotional and perfect.

-Theoden yet again - when he's dying at Pelennor, and he says to Eowyn "I know your face..." and his exchange with her there. Beautiful.

You've practically summed it up for me there bar one.

Everything up to and including Helm's Deep. The tension that builds is great, and when it finally happens, it is epic.

Minas Tirith and The Black Gate, never got that same amount of tension built up for me.

I admit that I might have shed a tear when Aragorn tells the hobits that they bow to no one. In fact, I know I still shed a tear or two when I read that section of the books. In the books, Sam jump up and says something along the lines of "all the dreams of my life have come true" and begins weeping tears of joy, and relief, and exhaustion, and, perhaps, grief, for the victory was not without loss.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Everything up to and including Helm's Deep. The tension that builds is great, and when it finally happens, it is epic.

Minas Tirith and The Black Gate, never got that same amount of tension built up for me.

After seeing The Two Towers about a half-dozen times now, Helm's Deep still keeps me on the edge of my seat and filled with dread and despair. I know Rohan will win, but it never seems possible. The film-makers, actors, everyone involved with that episode did such an amazing job of capturing the futility of facing the forces of evil, yet still prevailing; it's something that sets the stage for everything to come after.

And yes, I was shedding a few tears at the scene in which Aragorn tells the Hobbits they bow to no-one. When I saw ROTK for the first time, from that point through to the end was pretty much watched with somewhat watery vision ;)

newlogo.gif

- Lighting of the beacons (Loved the music in that scene)

- "All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you."

- "The Eagles are coming!"

- Theoden's speech

- The Argonath

- Council of Elrond

- Moria, the Balrog

There are too many to mention. Truly a wonderful triology! :thumbsup:

In ROTK, when Sam and Frodo are on the rock at Mount Doom amidst the laval flow, and Frodo says he's glad to be with Sam, "Here, at the end of all things", it hit me like a ton of bricks. It doesn't carry the same impact in repeat viewings however; it's still a good bit, though with a lesser impact.

Likewise Sam's last line, "Well, I'm back" (being the last words of the book as well) was very potent the first time, but not so much after a few watchings.

newlogo.gif