What's your favorite Band

Darth Reven

Bjork is kickarse. My favorite songs of hers are Violently Happy, Army of Me, and Hunter. I also like Type O Negative. They have some good stuff. The one group I am currently listening to is the Cruxshadows. My favorite song of theirs is Ave Maria, though Cruelty (the extended remix) and Monsters are also good.

Nickleback has been to our town a couple of times and without fail every show someone hits the singer in the head with a shoe. I prefer them over the Barenaked Ladies anyday.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Rage Against Machine are an excellent band there never been anything quite like them and there probably never will be again. I would describe them as an explosive concoction of Angry Rap Vocals, heavy and yet artistic guitars, funky bass and drums combined with excellent politically charged wrath, every word has a meaning no filler here.

Favourite track of theirs (theres so many :"> so many good choices) probably has to be either, "Veitnow", "No Shelter" or "Born of a Broken Man" ;) .

Other than rage I have to say Hendrix and Led Zeppelin are two very special bands that revoulutionised rock music each in there own way. Listen to "Kashmir" and "Voodoo Child" there life changing tracks :):wub: .

Another band has to be system of a down, their a fine blend of gothic metal, and simple philosophy, every song exploring some meaning, each a chilling look at our society. They produce some great rock ballads, their hard tracks are what make them famous but its their slow meaningful tracks that win your heart. My favourite track would have to be Aeriels, my favourite quote "The Purest forms of life? Those days are never coming back."

Korn are also a brilliant band, a heavy mix of hard bass rythems, eerie guitar and vocals and each time they release an album you have no idea what your going to get as the experiment a fair bit. There also fairly clever with their lyrics, "Daddy" is heart wrenching and chilling :ermm: . Favourite track, whats to say "Freak on a leash" its simply a evolution in music :wub: .

As usual I have rambled on a while :D

so heres that in bite sized chunks:

Favourite Bands (in no particular order):

Rage Against the Machine, - "No Shelter", "Born of a Broken Man" and "Veitnow"

System of a Down, - "Aeriels"

Hendrix, - "Voodoo Child"

Led Zeppelin, - "Kashmir"

KoRn - "Freak on a leash"

Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, Rush, Slipknot, Lenny Kravitz, P.O.D., Green Day, Pink Martini, Jet, System of a Down, Disturbed...

A more diverse group you can't find.

I know good taste when I see It :ermm: . Good Selection. Im seeing Green Day Concert in Febuary there an excellent band brilliant combination of Acid Jazz and Punk Rock, although I feel their new album has lost some of what made them so unique.

I pretty much respect, or enjoy all those bands (except Pink Martinee, Jet and Rush buts thats largely because I havent heard those bands)

well Langky .. you seem to enjoy music! :D do you play any as well??

I love rock above all else .. but I love eksperimental music .. crossing genres!

so most of the music I listen to is pretty .. well .. far out! :D

one of my favorite bands (Oziris) is a Inde/folk/rock/garage with a slice of ambient/ band with heavy inspiration from Danny Elfman's creations ..

kind of a combination of ancient egyptian lore with a Wizard of Oz atmosphere! hence their name..

it's like "witch rock" or Edward Scissorhands meets Dorothy Gale in music style! :)

in one of their best songs their lyrics is an ancient recipe for a love potion .. called "Rosemary and Rue"

you should hear it!

Fortune favors the bald.

At first I had intended to name some great Grindcore songs but you dont really listen to songs in grind since every record pretty much sounds like the same song. And you never really care about the bands because they more or less sound the same.

but Carcass - Reek of Putrefaction album is my alltime fav

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I only play guitar and piano .. but I'm trying to learn to play the violin! very very hard .. :thumbsup:

my biggest inspiration is, as I wrote earlier, my favorite band Kashmir .. and if anyone is interested in very good rock/folk you should tjeck out their website!

http://www.kashmir.dk/disco.php

you can stream their music, and hear every song they have ever made!

(I recommend the cd 'Zitilites', which is the one you see first on the page, and listning or watching "Rocket Brothers", "Aftermath" or "Zitilites") this is bar far some of the best music I have ever heard .. but I have grown up with this awesome band, so maybe my opinion is a little bias .. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Has anyone mentioned Pantera (RIP Dime)? Well, their song Cemetery Gates is a classic, as is the album it came from, Cowboys from Hell!

Hey, Kor, do you play anything; what's your rig?

Mine: Jackson dinky, some ****ty peavey amp, but im gonna be replacing that come summer. i don't like guitar effects that much