What's your favorite Band

Darth Reven

Me rig si:

1997gibsonlpstudio.jpg

- 1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio with DiMarzio Superdistortion and Kent Armstrong PAF pickups. This is my main guitar, it practicly plays itself.

1970hagstromlp.jpg

vintage 1970 Hagstrom L.P (pre Swede model) beaten and battered but amazing vintage sound. I bought it more for the sake of patriotism and "just owning one" than playing it but its still pretty good. Nowhere near the Gibby though.

24.jpg

(sorry about the catalog image but I have no pictures of my guitar and the one top the left is the exact model and color)vintage 1973 Eko Tramp II a 150$ guitar that plays like a 2000$. amazing vintage jem and my second fav guitar

charvel375.jpg

early ninties Charvel 375 with Seymour Duncan JB this is the last and least of my guitars but it was the first. It sound great and stays in tune forver but the neck is a insta-arthritis inducing hellspawn

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have 3 favorite bands, but I can't put one of them as my absolute number one, so I'll just give all of 'em:

The Prodigy - No Good

I've loved Prodigy from day one, so to speak. Music For The Jilted Generation was the first cd I ever bought, and it still is one of my favorites.

Faithless - Insomnia

The reason I like Faithless is because they've done it all. The style of their songs range from rap to heavy house, and all of it is mixed together perfectly. Their last cd No Roots is awesome.

Orbital - The Box

Orbital is what introduced me to ambient, yet so far I haven't found another artist that's so good at it than these two bros. Sadly, they quit the business not so long ago... In Sides is just brilliant.

I bought the Hagstr

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

well Langky .. you seem to enjoy music!  :D  do you play any as well??

I love rock above all else .. but I love eksperimental music .. crossing genres!

so most of the music I listen to is pretty .. well .. far out!  :D

one of my favorite bands (Oziris) is a Inde/folk/rock/garage with a slice of ambient/ band with heavy inspiration from Danny Elfman's creations ..

kind of a combination of ancient egyptian lore with a Wizard of Oz atmosphere! hence their name..

it's like "witch rock" or Edward Scissorhands meets Dorothy Gale in music style! :)

in one of their best songs their lyrics is an ancient recipe for a love potion .. called "Rosemary and Rue"

you should hear it!

I just play guitar (acoustic and electric) Im privilaged to have grown up in a very musical family. My dads basically been working in everything to do with music and sound that you can think of since he was old enough to leave home(prior to that he was in a band) from bulding actual radio stations, to acoustics, to providing and running the sound equipment for threatre, to just good old dirty DJ work, hes got a good ear for music and what makes it great and I guess some of it rubbed off on little old me. I usually just jam with my dad usually with him on the acoustic and me on the electric (or vice versa).

Oziris sounds interesting, like the mixture of mythology to create style and conjure images in the listeners minds. Im always a sucker for a good slow indie band, I listen primarily to lots of heavy music but its always the slow alternative\slow rock songs that win my heart :wub: its partly why Jazz is really starting to appeal to me now, I have started listening to some of Barry White.

Going off the point a bit now :rolleyes: I think one of the most underated artists in the world of music has to be Bob Marley, Zimbabwe's (Hell bob Marley wrote a song about our little country) got a big Reggae following so grew up with quite a lot of reggae in my blood and find its surprising that so many people think that Bob Marley was all about the weed, which is such an understatement of his contribution to music. Bob Marely's songs are infinately deep take "Buffalo Soldier" its basically a historical chronical of the jammican people rolled into a single song.

Im just going to plug an amazing Zimbabwean Rock band now for the heck of it (hell we dont have to many of them). Their called "Mann Friday" there basically a pearl jam and macy gray inspired rock band with excellent passionate vocals and

they sing about my country and my culture both the good bits and the bad they wouldnt any were near as good if they werent as passionate as they were about there subject matter it makes them a great live band experience. Unfortunately they havent been signed yet, as there isnt too much of a market for the music there producing, alternative rock dont do so well in britain and its also because the average western auidience cant relate to what there singing about.

Me rig si:

1997gibsonlpstudio.jpg

- 1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio with DiMarzio Superdistortion and Kent Armstrong PAF pickups. This is my main guitar, it practicly plays itself.

1970hagstromlp.jpg

vintage 1970 Hagstrom L.P (pre Swede model) beaten and battered but amazing vintage sound. I bought it more for the sake of patriotism and "just owning one" than playing it but its still pretty good. Nowhere near the Gibby though.

24.jpg

(sorry about the catalog image but I have no pictures of my guitar and the one top the left is the exact model and color)vintage 1973 Eko Tramp II a 150$ guitar that plays like a 2000$. amazing vintage jem and my second fav guitar

charvel375.jpg

early ninties Charvel 375 with Seymour Duncan JB this is the last and least of my guitars but it was the first. It sound great and stays in tune forver but the neck is a insta-arthritis inducing hellspawn

YOU GOT A GIBSON YOU LUCKY HUMAN BEING!!!

Im sitting here with with a wimpy Rockwood Hohner and a Legato

My dad does have a classic 1960 Fender bass though

Sitting in a warehouse :rolleyes: back in Zimbabwe DOH!

YOU GOT A GIBSON YOU LUCKY HUMAN BEING!!!

Its only a studio, you can get one on Ebay for like

The Doors - Break On Through (to the other side)

I also like :

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

The Ramones - Hey Ho! Lets Go! / I wanna be sedated

The Misfits - Walk among us

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell

Aerosmith - Amazing

The Cult - Fire Woman

My favorite band would be Teenage Fanclub, fave song Mellow Doubt (alternative version)

Other stuff:

Alex Chilton- the replacements

Hey- pixies

(today is) Blackies' birthday- Urge Overkill

Folsom Prison Blues- the big J.C.

I Will Survive- cake

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"The one who has a favorite song doesn't love music....."

let me guess .. you use the phrase "everything is relative" alot??

----

I had to sell my electric .. but I still got my acoustic ..

which is a "Line-6 Variax Acoustic 700" ..

it's not the most beautiful thing.. but it get's the job done .. :sorcerer:

post-5477-1105587602_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

"The one who has a favorite song doesn't love music....."

let me guess .. you use the phrase "everything is relative" alot??

You would guess right ;)

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Lol :ermm:

I have a lot of best songs ever. Like Bohemian Rhapsody and November Rain and (laugh or not)

Laugh?? My favorite Queen song is Bohemian Rhapsody, and my favorite Guns N' Roses song is November Rain.

And then...

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters, Fade To Black, Sanitarium, One and Unforgiven (As you can see im quite fond of Metallica)

And one of my favorite bands at this time must be Green Day. American Idiot must be the best punk album ever.

Many, many bands/artists.

My favorite though is Weezer, and my favorite song from them is "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here"

I love the Weez as well, but my fave from them is either ' the good life' or 'surf wax america'. Pinkerton is just about my favorite album

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.