My expextations for KOTOR III

I am assuming since, if it does come out, KOTOR III won't be out in the next year that they are going to develop it on the second generation Xbox. I hear it is uber powerful. :D :( (more powerful than my current PC)

*computer shakes in terror* :devil:

1. keeping the same game engine for one sequal I can forgive and let slide but for the third instalment on a new console i can't forgive. They need a new game engine. I wouldn't mind seeing something that is close to maybe Halo2 or Half Life 2 but that might be a strech for the game. But it still stands. NEW ENGINE FOR NEW GAME.

2. Things that need to be brought over from the first 2 games: item and component creationg, the new moding system was awsome, influence system (tweaked of course), the learning of force powers; light saber forms; and feats, and the spliting in to two parties.

3. Improvments: Since we are going to have this on the uber powerful Xbox 2 there should be no place we can't go. Every time I came to a door that I couldn't open or target i became very mad and felt I was being limited and the game lost standing in my eyes. The worlds need to be more ambient. Come on guys there needs to be day and night. Drop an option in dialog when you have already exhausted it. There need to be more elaborate cut scenes. For example when I flew on the the Planet Telos itself I found that the cut scenes left something to be desired as well as the Dantooine seige scenes. More use of the learning of force powers; light saber forms; and feats, and the spliting in to two parties. It made the game more immersive. Also I would like to see a place to pick your chacters species. maybe we are tired of playing as a human.and Finally MAKE SURE THE GAME IS COMPLETE AND PUT IT THROUGH THE PRE-RELEASE TESTING.

:D

I am assuming since, if it does come out, KOTOR III won't be out in the next year that they are going to develop it on the second generation Xbox. I hear it is uber powerful. :D  :thumbsup: (more powerful than my current PC)

*computer shakes in terror* :)

1. keeping the same game engine for one sequal I can forgive and let slide but for the third instalment on a new console i can't forgive. They need a new game engine. I wouldn't mind seeing something that is close to maybe Halo2 or Half Life 2 but that might be a strech for the game. But it still stands. NEW ENGINE FOR NEW GAME.

2. Things that need to be brought over from the first 2 games: item and component creationg, the new moding system was awsome, influence system (tweaked of course), the learning of force powers; light saber forms; and feats, and the spliting in to two parties.

3. Improvments: Since we are going to have this on the uber powerful Xbox 2 there should be no place we can't go. Every time I came to a door that I couldn't open or target i became very mad and felt I was being limited and the game lost standing in my eyes. The worlds need to be more ambient. Come on guys there needs to be day and night. Drop an option in dialog when you have already exhausted it. There need to be more elaborate cut scenes. For example when I flew on the the Planet Telos itself I found that the cut scenes left something to be desired as well as the Dantooine seige scenes. More use of the learning of force powers; light saber forms; and feats, and the spliting in to two parties. It made the game more immersive. Also I would like to see a place to pick your chacters species. maybe we are tired of playing as a human.and Finally MAKE SURE THE GAME IS COMPLETE AND PUT IT THROUGH THE PRE-RELEASE TESTING.

Welp, for me I enjoy the engine. If they switched to Halo engine I would probably still buy the game (as I enjoyed the first two), then get so disgusted with engine Id put it down and never play or purchase anouther one!

The engine fits the game and works well, there is no reason what so ever to change it.

Change for the sake of change is not a good thing! Perhaps you have heard the old saying "if its not broken dont fix it!" The current engine is not broken by any degree!

Im sure all the old stuff (Items, forms, ect) will be brought over to KotOR3. No idea about land mass, I was surprised they made the same mistake Bioware did in limiting the land mass so much for KotOR2 to be honest.

He doesn't understand.  He thinks the work they did on the engine for KOTOR 2 actually made things better...

OMG, are you going to stalk me in EVERY thread I post in Ep!

Seriously! Your not my type! Shooo, go away, go play in traffic or something!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*shrugs* I dont know Phantom, the first question my friends ask me when I told them game was out was "does it still look like the first one?".

So obviously people do like the engine and feel of game.

I do agree they can do much more with the current engine tho as far as game goes (larger areas, more quests, more indepth storylines) things like that.

Yes this current engine is 50% of what makes KOTOR what it is to me, I would never ever want some sort of first person shooter engine.

Upgrades sure, freshen up the engine and all, but no new engine.

I would never buy KOTOR 3 if it was made on the Halo engine, I dislike Halo 1 and 2 a lot. I've bought them both to see what the big fuss is all about, and I still haven't found out, they are two of the most boring first person shooters I've ever played. Perfect Dark and Goldeneye still kicks the crap out of them. I'm tired of seeing people worship two games that do not deserve fame.

I am assuming since, if it does come out, KOTOR III won't be out in the next year that they are going to develop it on the second generation Xbox. I hear it is uber powerful. :D  :p (more powerful than my current PC)

*computer shakes in terror* :ermm:

Shouldn't this thread be titled "My DEMANDS for Kotor III" ?

Regardless, the whole post is ridiculous. Here's why;

1 - What needs to be changed engine-wise? Nothing, other than to make it more dynamic. It functions perfectly well, it just needs to be improved. Any new engine will surely be based on the current one anyway. And the last thing we need is to stick a FPS engine in a roleplaying game - haven't you seen those Jedi Academy monstrosities?

2 - Yes, I think it's fair to assume that most of the things that you mentioned there will make it into any sequel, being that they are integral to modifying your character. Thanks for the no-brainer.

3 - What does the power of the platform have to do with the places you can go? Some doors are blocked off because what was to be behind them wasn't included in the game. Other doors are merely there to give the impression that the world is larger than it is. You'll have both those things happening in many games on many systems regardless of its power.

Why do you need a day/night cycle? Of all the advancements they could work on, that should be bottom of the list. What does it add to a game? Look at Fable. That game has your day/night cycle, character ageing AND appearence alterations dependant on alignment, and they spent so long working on those aspects that they forgot to include the game. All those graphical effects and only ten hours to enjoy them. Whoop. Same goes for cutscenes; I'd rather have a bigger galaxy to play in than hours of FF-quality cutscenes to sit through. And in reality, you would too.

Lastly, your ignorance betrays you in your final statement. I've no doubt that Kotor 2 was tested thoroughly, and that is is as "complete" as it was ever going to be. If you think that Kotor 2 is the first game to cut unfinished levels you'd be very much mistaken, and if you think that anyone other than Lucasarts has the final say over the Quality Assurance aspect you'd be just as wrong all over again.

With that out of the way, here are a few things that I would like to see in a sequel;

1 - Resolution to Revan's/the Exile's stories. I'd like to be given a new character to embody while having the same level of commitment to the original characters story arcs as Obsidian gave to Revan in K2. Better yet, a storyline which eventually puts you in the Unkown regions aiding Revan and the Exile in the fight against the Sith would be ideal.

2 - If Revan and the Exile are included as playable or non-playable characters in the sequel, it would be a nice touch if we were able to load the character models from our previous Kotor game saves to represent them. A minor thing, but it would be nice.

3 - A larger pool of playable characters to choose from, and the ability to eliminate or add them to your crew as you see fit. For example, having 20 characters to choose from but only 12 spaces for them on your ship would add a tremendous amount of replay value, as well as tactical flexibility if they each had a different combination of skills.

4 - More planets. I'd happily pay $10-$15 more for a double-disc-dose of Kotor goodness. With some worlds already built, I don't envision it taking all that long to bring the overall number of planets up to 10 or 12 as long as people don't mind re-visiting the Dantooines, Manaans and Korribans one more time.

5 - The return of the droids! T3, HK, and Goto. There's plenty of life in those characters yet, and it gives us a solid foundation to cling to when we're faced with a new cast of organics. I have a feeling that Bao-Dur seems likely to return, so with him, the droids, Revan and the Exile and the new main character, that's 7 of my 20 characters already! :p Throw in Mandalore and we're almost halfway there!

I love T3 and HK-47 (HK especially) but G0-T0? I'd rather not see the fat one return, as HK-47 calls him.

I also would like if you could play as Revan and someone else, (you choose Revan or <new person> when you start a new game) the replay value would be excellent.

Also a night/day feature would be great, I even know a game for the Gameboy Colour that has that. You just set the time in the game to what it really is on your clock, and whenever it's night or day at your place, it'll be night or day within that game. A feature like this would be nice to have in KOTOR 3.

Here is some things I think that should be in KOTOR 3 (again saying there is going to be one),

• 1) we should have the option of having revan in our party either as the PC again or as our master (my choice would be master since it would work for LS or DS). The Exile would be ok to have back in the party but I would rather have Revan since at the end of the game I felt more attached to Revan than the Exile.

2) I also think we should be allowed to choose from more than just human PC avatars We should be allowed to fully join the sith (i.e. be taken and trained in the sith arts by a sith master should we choose too).

3) The game should be atleast double the length of the previous games (say around 80 - 150 hours to complete).

4) We should be allowed to go from one of the normal classes all the way up to the prestige classes (soldier, guardian, weapons master just for an example).

5) I know Hades is going to hate me for sugesting this but I think there should be NO LEVEL CAP (and of course respawning bad guys and monsters), but we should only be able to gain levels at about 1 level every 2 - 4 hours or so depending on how you wanted to play.

6) The dificulty settings should be reworked so there is a measurable difference between easy and difficult so in other words easy would be the same but difficult would be near impossible for even the best of players to complete even the first level.

7) A new game engine should be used perferably one with a phsyics element to it so that you could see damage being caused by either battles and or Force powers.

:p Force powers should be harder to earn as the difficulty level goes up so keep the whole one per level on easy and then one for every three level on normal and one for every five levels on difficult.

9) We should have the ability to have upto 10 NPCs in the party (like now) but have upwards of 30 or so NPC to choose from.

10) A better influence system would be nice since some people are finding hard to use this one.

11) Also should you loose too much influence over a person they should leave your party and also refuse to return no matter what you try to do to get them back.

12) I think they should scrap the Hawk, T3, and wookies from the game entirely.

13) There should be upwards of 20 planets to visit in the game.

14) Enemies should scale up with you at the same rate the PC does but they should gain one added level on the PC for every level of difficulty you go up, SO if your a level 10 on easy the enemies are level ten, but on normal they are level 11 and on difficult they are level 12 or higher.

15) Random drop should be more refined to allow people to pick the same stuff up from a store everytime and bosses should always drop the same stuff but containers and no body NPC should drop random things.

16) Also speacial Items should have a set place to obtain them, and be limited to one of them in the game during any play through.

17) The worlds should be twice or three times the size they are currently. Also all the doors in the game should be accessable.

18) All the Quests WORK!!!

19) Rapid transit should be brought back into the game.

20) Places to learn more force powers, both LS and DS.

This is jsut a small list I could think off of the top of my head I could go on but I think you guys and gals see what I am getting at. Also sorry for the very long post here.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Here is some things I think that should be in KOTOR 3 (again saying there is going to be one),
  • 1)  we should have the option of having revan in our party either as the PC again or as our master (my choice would be master since it would work for LS or DS). The Exile would be ok to have back in the party but I would rather have Revan since at the end of the game I felt more attached to Revan than the Exile.

My hunch is this one will happen for part 3 as its the natural progression of the story line! Id prefer the Exile if only to continue the 3 way romance side story between the exile - Visas/Handmaiden/Mira (heh sorry ladies but story just runs better with exile as a male imo).

2) I also think we should be allowed to choose from more than just human PC avatars We should be allowed to fully join the sith (i.e. be taken and trained in the sith arts by a sith master should we choose too).

Agree here fully!

3) The game should be atleast double the length of the previous games (say around 80 - 150 hours to complete).

Agree fully again. I was surprised they didnt do that as that was the biggest weakness KotOR1 had. To short.

4) We should be allowed to go from one of the normal classes all the way up to the prestige classes (soldier, guardian, weapons master just for an example).

Dont follow you here, oh wait, you want to start as not a jedi? Naaaaa, I prefered starting as a Jedi  over scout in KotOR1 to be honest. To each their own tho ;)

5) I know Hades is going to hate me for sugesting this but I think there should be NO LEVEL CAP (and of course respawning bad guys and monsters), but we should only be able to gain levels at about 1 level every 2 - 4 hours or so depending on how you wanted to play.

Long as there is no multiplayer Im game for this idea. Soon as you add multiplayer options tho, all the kiddies that use the cheats and exploits really do negatively effect your playing enjoyment! If it stays as single player, for sure no level cap! If they wanna cheat let them cheat, its only themselves they ripping off in the end.

Far as leveling goes, I liked the leveling curve in KotOR2 to be honest. Was a fast pace so you never felt like you were just grinding. Great speed for a offline game, if online then yes, leveling would have to be slowed down dramatically.

6) The dificulty settings should be reworked so there is a measurable difference between easy and difficult so in other words easy would be the same but difficult would be near impossible for even the best of players to complete even the first level.

Works for me :lol: I was surprised the game wasnt harder then it was at the hardest difficulty setting to be honest.

7) A new game engine should be used perferably one with a phsyics element to it so that you could see damage being caused by either battles and or Force powers.

Still dont understand whats wrong with current engine? I like it, I know it was a huge selling point for my freinds as well. First thing they asked me when I got game was if it had the same engine as KotOR1. If it had been changed I know a number of them would have thought less of the game.

:p Force powers should be harder to earn as the difficulty level goes up so keep the whole one per level on easy and then one for every three level on normal and one for every five levels on difficult. 

Id rather see a curve here myself, one every level to level 10, 1 every two levels to level 20, 1 every 3 level beyond that. I know for myself I have a template I always follow for force powers and many of them are defensive in nature. That was one of the things that made playing a counsilor more interesting was the extra force powers you got.

9) We should have the ability to have upto 10 NPCs in the party (like now) but have upwards of 30 or so NPC to choose from.

If each NPC had a storyline this would be a AWSOME idea! Talk about replay value :)

10) A better influence system would be nice since some people are finding hard to use this one.

I wasnt use to the influence system at first but it makes sence! You can only influence them by doing things that would influence those personalities! By the end of my 2nd game I really liked this influence system. I just wish all the storylines were more advanced and lead to some closure is all.

11) Also should you loose too much influence over a person they should leave your party and also refuse to return no matter what you try to do to get them back.

Again great idea :)

12) I think they should scrap the Hawk, T3, and wookies from the game entirely.

LOL, no idea why they used the Hawk again to be honest. Hated the wookies from KotOR1 and 2 so definately no arguement from me there. But T3 was and is soooo important for the storyline (and hes a kick arse droid to boot!). Id hate to not have T3 with me in KotOR3. I do think they should limit the party droids to 2 tho. T3 and HK! no more droids needed!

13) There should be upwards of 20 planets to visit in the game.

Definately!!!!!!!! with main or side storylines on each planet!

14) Enemies should scale up with you at the same rate the PC does but they should gain one added level on the PC for every level of difficulty you go up, SO if your a level 10 on easy the enemies are level ten, but on normal they are level 11 and on difficult they are level 12 or higher.

Good idea! See nothing wrong with this suggestion at all :)

15) Random drop should be more refined to allow people to pick the same stuff up from a store everytime and bosses should always drop the same stuff but containers and no body NPC should drop random things.

Agree, not that I hated Random drops but static drops are always a nice touch to go with the random drops! I do agree with a different poster elsewhere tho, if your fighting someone with a lightsaber, you should ALWAYS be able to loot that Lightsaber!

16) Also speacial Items should have a set place to obtain them, and be limited to one of them in the game during any play through.

see answer 15

17) The worlds should be twice or three times the size they are currently. Also all the doors in the game should be accessable.

Definately! The doors that you could target but not open were annoying but I didnt really feel that was a huge deal. I can handle it either way to be honest! Not a game breaker for me what so ever!

18) All the Quests WORK!!!

heh while all the quests did work in KotOR2, they should be clearer so you know for sure when and why you completed it! I know I went back to Telos the first time through regarding fuel quest just because it made sence to do so, not realizing I had finished quest when speaking to the Hutt on Nar Shadaar.

19) Rapid transit should be brought back into the game.

In some zones yes! Definately not in all zones tho (like first trip to Onderon or when inside the Jedi enclave, ect! When just outside or in generic zones, I missed rapid transit huge as well.

20) Places to learn more force powers, both LS and DS.

The extra force powers were one of my favorite things in KotOR2. I loved the teachings and such for them. Definately something they need to incorperate and expand on for part 3 :)

This is jsut a small list I could think off of the top of my head I could go on but I think you guys and gals see what I am getting at. Also sorry for the very long post here.

Things I would like to see for KOTOR III:

Make the lighsabers more customizable, where you can choose all of the parts of the lightsaber, to make the inside and ouside more unique to each persons PC.

Make the PC more customizable, choose species, skin tone, hair color(If any), eye color, and choose their undergarments, everyones in KOTOR II looked the exact same.

Make the Jedi/Sith Robes have a hood that can be up over your head or down on your back.

Make the characters resemble whatever world they are on, if it is a desert make the clothes look sand worn, if they are on a planet where it is raining make the clothes look wet and slick the hair down (If any)

Make Full headed Helmets, like the Mandalorian helmets or the Ubese environment suit helmets.

Old Characters To Re-use: (Not necessarily a NPC but shows up to help or teach you something new)

Mira

Bao-Dur

Visas

Atton

Bastila

Mandalore(Canderous)

Revan

The Exile

For New Characters use: (NPC)

An Anzati Spy

An Iradonian Mercenary

A Chiss Pilot

A Twilek Thief

A Jedi Knight Corellian

A Force Sensitive (Yoda's Race)

A Sith Apprentice Bothan

I've been looking at posts that KOTOR 3 is on hold at Lucas Arts. I do hope it gets made... It will not be for Xbox 1 (or it should have been anounced already). If may be for Xbox 2 and PC...

My only request is that they fill the holes in this storyline... It seems there are many questions and few answers.

Why do you need a day/night cycle? Of all the advancements they could work on, that should be bottom of the list. What does it add to a game? Look at Fable. That game has your day/night cycle, character ageing AND appearence alterations dependant on alignment, and they spent so long working on those aspects that they forgot to include the game.

That made me laugh! :thumbsup: While I enjoyed playing Fable, I definately agree with you. I'd rather have a fully fleshed out story & gameplay before they make the graphics fancy.

If you want a game with day/night cycle, play GTA San Andreas.

I just hope there will be a Kotor3. That would make me happy.

I'm glad that K2 had slightly better DS conversation options. I'm tired of some of the dialog options in the games that don't sound DS at all...more like spoiled child, or a really hostile crack addict. DS options should be cruel and threatening, yet...subtle. They shouldn't be so...childish! There are a few that are okay, but most aren't that great.

Or that's what I think, anyways.

I want to have more of the actions like when the masters taught you different force powers. Although I would have liked to have seen the PC actually attempt the power before you would have gained it, unlike in KOTOR II, where you saw the master do it and then the screen went black and then it said you gained it when the screen came back up.

I think they should also add different lightsaber stances like they had in Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. Fast, Normal and Strong, to go along with the actual attacks like Flurry, Power, etc.......

More Force Powers.....

More interactive people in the surroundings. Everyone that you meet should at least have something worthwhile to say. Unlike where some of the guards would just stare at you.

As in my first post, better at creating the lightsaber......one idea is that when you destroy droids that they would have certain peices on them that could be used to upgrade your lightsaber, and that you could steal parts from machines to do the same. Say you destroy a droid that you could pull the photo receptor lens to use in your lightsaber.

Maybe being able to build your own droid, for different tasks on your ship or building gear and med supplies for you, instead of having a workbench on your ship. You would get low tech parts to build the droid on the first world of the game. And throughout the game you could upgrade it with better parts so that it would have better items available to create.

:lol:

Having a Swoop/Speeder Bike for traveling to far off areas of the world (If they made the worlds larger)

One thing I don't want in KOTOR3 is a new game engine. I do think that's a real good idea, but something to be reserved for a subsequent generation of SW RPGs. For the final chapter of this trilogy, I'd like the game to work pretty much the same as the earlier installments (except for any necessary tweaks, a course).

The main thing I think needs tweaking in the engine is the tendency of some enemies to stop at the edge of whatever room they happen to be in and stand there passively to get slaughtered by the party. That's really screwing with my suspension of disbelief (while at the same time I cna't stop myself from exploiting that glitch). If that can't be fixed, at least the levels should be designed so that you can't strike and/or shoot at enemies who are incapable of fighting back.

The cliffhanger ending makes it seem inevitable that we're looking foward to a game that brings Revan and the Exile into the same fight and resolves their stories. I think it would be real interesting if it would be up to the player if Revan and the Exile end up working together or end up on opposite sides of a Dark/Light showdown. There's three sides to the climactic fight suggested in the first two games:

1. Fight for the Light to preserve the Force and restore the Jedi Order

2. Fight for the Dark to preserve the Froce and rebuild the Sith Order

3. Fight to destroy the Force so Jedi and Sith can no longer use it to manipulate the galaxy (Could be a neutral PC quest, or Light sided (end the suffering wrought by battles over the Force) or Dark sided (killing the Force to eliminate the Light/Dark balance and ushers in an era of unbridled evil)

Since the game'll be on a different platform, it probably wouldn't be able to import the look of your PCs from the first two games, but there should be a character development screen on which you can build models for Revan and the Exile (with heads from both games, of course) and assign them the powers you want them to have.

I imagine we'll have a new PC for the new game, but I also think it would be cool if you could directly play Revan and the Exile as well, but each PC would be the head of a different party of NPCs. You'd have three parties starting in different parts of the galaxy pursuing different quests that eventually bring them into contact and possible conflict. At some point before the new PC is fully leveled up, the new PC will need to choose whether to stand with Revan, The Exile or stand against them both. At that point, maybe you lose control of the other two parties and see how well your new PC can stand up to an antagonist of your own creation.

I want as many of the old characters from both games back as possible, except Carth of course. (I'm kidding! I've always liked Carth and think he gets a bad rap.) I wouldn't mind at all if even characters who may have died on the Unknown Planet got resurrected somehow (some side effect of the destruction of the Star Forge or something Revan did on purpose). A DS Revan would be that much D'er with a broken Jolee, Juhani and Mission under his thumb. A LS Revan reunited with those loyal buds would inject a little bit of the lighter mood of KOTOR into KOTOR3.

I wanna find out that Mandalore isn't Canderous at all, but a close relative. I want Canderous back at Revan's side, Light or Dark.

I like the idea of recycling all the planets from both games (nostalgia and quicker development) with another four or five worlds thrown in. Except Manaan. I'm kidding! Maybe I'm not kidding... no, I am kidding.

I really liked all the additional times in 2 that your party split up and you had more time to play and get to know your various NPCs. I'd like a bunch more of that in 3.

But what's this I hear about KOTOR3 development being on hold?

One thing I don't want in KOTOR3 is a new game engine. I do think that's a real good idea, but something to be reserved for a subsequent generation of SW RPGs. For the final chapter of this trilogy, I'd like the game to work pretty much the same as the earlier installments (except for any necessary tweaks, a course).

The main thing I think needs tweaking in the engine is the tendency of some enemies to stop at the edge of whatever room they happen to be in and stand there passively to get slaughtered by the party. That's really screwing with my suspension of disbelief (while at the same time I cna't stop myself from exploiting that glitch). If that can't be fixed, at least the levels should be designed so that you can't strike and/or shoot at enemies who are incapable of fighting back.

The cliffhanger ending makes it seem inevitable that we're looking foward to a game that brings Revan and the Exile into the same fight and resolves their stories. I think it would be real interesting if it would be up to the player if Revan and the Exile end up working together or end up on opposite sides of a Dark/Light showdown. There's three sides to the climactic fight suggested in the first two games:

1. Fight for the Light to preserve the Force and restore the Jedi Order

2. Fight for the Dark to preserve the Froce and rebuild the Sith Order

3. Fight to destroy the Force so Jedi and Sith can no longer use it to manipulate the galaxy (Could be a neutral PC quest, or Light sided (end the suffering wrought by battles over the Force) or Dark sided (killing the Force to eliminate the Light/Dark balance and ushers in an era of unbridled evil)

Since the game'll be on a different platform, it probably wouldn't be able to import the look of your PCs from the first two games, but there should be a character development screen on which you can build models for Revan and the Exile (with heads from both games, of course) and assign them the powers you want them to have.

I imagine we'll have a new PC for the new game, but I also think it would be cool if you could directly play Revan and the Exile as well, but each PC would be the head of a different party of NPCs. You'd have three parties starting in different parts of the galaxy pursuing different quests that eventually bring them into contact and possible conflict. At some point before the new PC is fully leveled up, the new PC will need to choose whether to stand with Revan, The Exile or stand against them both. At that point, maybe you lose control of the other two parties and see how well your new PC can stand up to an antagonist of your own creation.

I want as many of the old characters from both games back as possible, except Carth of course. (I'm kidding! I've always liked Carth and think he gets a bad rap.) I wouldn't mind at all if even characters who may have died on the Unknown Planet got resurrected somehow (some side effect of the destruction of the Star Forge or something Revan did on purpose). A DS Revan would be that much D'er with a broken Jolee, Juhani and Mission under his thumb. A LS Revan reunited with those loyal buds would inject a little bit of the lighter mood of KOTOR into KOTOR3.

I wanna find out that Mandalore isn't Canderous at all, but a close relative. I want Canderous back at Revan's side, Light or Dark.

I like the idea of recycling all the planets from both games (nostalgia and quicker development) with another four or five worlds thrown in. Except Manaan. I'm kidding! Maybe I'm not kidding... no, I am kidding.

I really liked all the additional times in 2 that your party split up and you had more time to play and get to know your various NPCs. I'd like a bunch more of that in 3.

But what's this I hear about KOTOR3 development being on hold?

Obi, I vist LA site daily and never seen any announcement that Knights 3 development on hold so since no link was provided regarding this statement Im taking that as rumor only.

But even if its true, rest assured KotOR series has been a major cash cow for LA and Obsidian/Bioware so even if on hold, it will never be discontinued until such a time as the interest is no longer there (IE: profits drop dramatically).

I think its safe to say, we all can expect at a minimum parts 3,4,5 down the road of the old republic series. Part 3 might end the Revan/Excile storyline but Im sure (if thats the case) they will just create a new storyline based in the Old Republic and start anew :)

heheh now if only they would start making a Old Republic MMORPG!!!!! Just cancelled my 2 SWG accounts as SWG is but a shadow compared to the fun of the Old Republic games and just couldnt get back into SWG after playing KotOR2. Dang it all, I need my daily fix tho <shivers and shakes from withdrawl> heheheh

I am not sure why people are so against there being a new engine used for Kotor 3, I know that it would help continuity if the world and NPCs all had a simalar feel. But I think that the benefits would far out weigh the losses by using a new game engine. One of the first major improvements that would/could come from using a new engine would be Physics being introduced into the game play and enviroment, Another would be the ability to have hoods go up and down at the players will, not too mention the better graphics that would come with using a newer engine. All minor stuff compaired to a great story but it would still only add to the feel of the game play. The only real reason I can see them choosing to use the old engine would be to push out another game as soon as possible, by using a new engine it would mean that the earliest the third installment would hit the shelves would be late 2006 or 2007 and not sooner, which is why I think most are against them using a new eninge.

Also it hasn't been confirmed that there are only going to be three in this series, so as far as we know right now there might be 30 in this series before LA gives it up :ermm: .

Obi, I vist LA site daily and never seen any announcement that Knights 3 development on hold so since no link was provided regarding this statement Im taking that as rumor only.

But even if its true, rest assured KotOR series has been a major cash cow for LA and Obsidian/Bioware so even if on hold, it will never be discontinued until such a time as the interest is no longer there (IE: profits drop dramatically).

I think its safe to say, we all can expect at a minimum parts 3,4,5 down the road of the old republic series. Part 3 might end the Revan/Excile storyline but Im sure (if thats the case) they will just create a new storyline based in the Old Republic and start anew :)

heheh now if only they would start making a Old Republic MMORPG!!!!! Just cancelled my 2 SWG accounts as SWG is but a shadow compared to the fun of the Old Republic games and just couldnt get back into SWG after playing KotOR2. Dang it all, I need my daily fix tho <shivers and shakes from withdrawl> heheheh

THe talk about KOTOR 3 being put on hold stems from the layoffs at LA at the end of summer, according to IGN (I think) one of the departments that was hit with layoffs was the pre-production team working on KOTOR 3 though LA neither confirmed nor denied this, so Yes its really just a rummor that most have taken for fact.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I highly disagree with your first point. Here's why:

For KotOR to stay the series it is, it would need to keep it's same game engine. If they change it it would be completely different. Using Halo, as you did, as an example. Say the say on their third Halo game, they used the same type of engine that the KotOR series has. It would greatly dissappoint. The engine is what makes games unique, copy from another game or change it will change the atmosphere and wouldn't be a KotOR game. It would be more or less following the Jedi Knight's series.

NEW ENGINE FOR NEW GAME would mean taking Halo's or Half-Life's game engines, and changing them to have an RPG element. It would completely screw over the whole series and make them look like a bunch of idiots. KotOR is an RPG, Halo is a FPS. See the difference? Completely different games all together. If you want a Star Wars FPS maybe wait for Republic Commando.

If they do anything to the game engine, it should be to upgrade it 100%. Not completely change it to a different genre.

I highly disagree with your first point.  Here's why:

For KotOR to stay the series it is, it would need to keep it's same game engine.  If they change it it would be completely different.  Using Halo, as you did, as an example.  Say the say on their third Halo game, they used the same type of engine that the KotOR series has.  It would greatly dissappoint.  The engine is what makes games unique, copy from another game or change it will change the atmosphere and wouldn't be a KotOR game.  It would be more or less following the Jedi Knight's series.

NEW ENGINE FOR NEW GAME would mean taking Halo's or Half-Life's game engines, and changing them to have an RPG element.  It would completely screw over the whole series and make them look like a bunch of idiots.  KotOR is an RPG, Halo is a FPS.  See the difference?  Completely different games all together.  If you want a Star Wars FPS maybe wait for Republic Commando. 

If they do anything to the game engine, it should be to upgrade it 100%.  Not completely change it to a different genre.

I am not sure if your talking to me or not.... sicne I never mentioned Halo in my post (since I Hate that game!!!) but anyway, There are a couple reasons why I think there should be a new engine. The most important I guess would have to be that since it seems very unlikely that KOTOR 3 will be hitting the shelves in the Xbox 1's lifespan it seems only reasonable that they would want to get a new engine from the Xbox 2 so they could take more advantage of the extra power comming with the new box. The second reason is because to be completely honest better graphics do sell, and as it sits right now while some gammers were happy with LA and Obsidian keeping the old engine most of the reveiwer were not and thus gave it a low score... (mind you according to the sale results for Dec 20004 this didn't seem to hurt TSL sales). I was thinking that LA should use the engine being used for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, since this game not only sports great graphics and is a physics based engine but its also being used for a RPG so I think it would work perfect for the KOTOR series (the picts below are screenshots from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion). I can sorta understand why somepeople are wanting them to keep the old engine but the things is with the game moving over to Xbox 2 and the leeps and bounds that have been made in graphics for computers since KOTOR first started development it just seems like it might be a good time to put this paticular engine to bed and start the third installment with a brand new engine which not only would look good but which would also allow some of the things that the developers wanted to put into this game but couldn't because of limitations of the engine.

With all that being said I do have to add that should LA decide that they are only going to make three KOTOR's then by all means keep the old engine since it would allow for continuity between all three games, But if LA is thinking of making more than just three games in this series then they should maybe think of miving up to the newer engine for some of the reasons I have listed in above posts.

post-1819-1105940099_thumb.jpgpost-1819-1105940383_thumb.jpgpost-1819-1105940606_thumb.jpg

AscendedPaladin.png

- Engine: use Unreal Engine 3.0, but keep the character/world proportions the same and the gamemechanics intact. Improve character animations, add more enviroment interaction.

- Influence: Modify the influence system so that it's incorporated with the character levelling. I.e. everytime you level up, there's a new dialogue option for each character, but you have to gain enough influence to make the party member to answer to you.

- Include character banters outside the Ebon Hawk/your ship aswell.

- DO NOT sacrifice quantity over quality, i rather have 10 planets and 10 well developed characters than 30 shoddy ones.

- Make sure that this game has a conclusive ending, marking it the end of Revan's/The Exile's stories.

- Make the random-item-generator 'less' random. Finding mutakai apprentice robe on Peragus was a bit odd.

- Have the option to holster your weapons.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy