Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"Night Watch"

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

zer"0"

zer"0"

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 276 posts
Came across this and thought it worth sharing.

Nival Interactive, a Russian based developer mostly known for "Silent Storm","Blitzkrieg" and games like "Rage of Mages", "Evil Islands" etc. Is busy working on a new game called Nightwatch.

Nightwatch is based on material from Russian writer Lukyanenko and will be using the Silent Storm Engine™. Situated in the not so distant future. The game will have you battle vampires, werewolves and other creatures throughout various European cities.

No release date announced yet.
And the best news? ... Its Turnbased!

Here are the links and some more info.

http://www.worthplay...e.php?sid=22317
http://www.nival.com/nightwatch_ru

* You begin your adventure as a weak 7th level other, - 7th is the weakest, first the most powerful level.

* Classes:
-shapeshifter
-sorcerer
-warrior wizard

* Complex magic system.

* Detailed NPCs that are exactly like their prototypes from russian writer Lukyanenko's "Watch" books. They have their own agendas, fears, wishes and will interact accordingly in game.

* A fascinating plot about the intrigues of the Great Mages. Storyline is revealed through clues ingame.

* Fully destructable environment using the upgraded Silent Storm Engine™.

kumquatq3

kumquatq3

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3477 posts
I'm very interested in anything using that engine

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12328 posts
OMG :D this is great news :D

Thank you for posting it :D

kumquatq3

kumquatq3

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3477 posts
Where to get Silent Storm and Silent Storm Sentinals in NA (English Import). THe Expansion is better than the first game, but shortish. Click me.

Ludozee

Ludozee

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 867 posts
:-
I thought it was about Terry Pratchett's book Nightwatch...

Diogo Ribeiro

Diogo Ribeiro

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4823 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:ModernPlague

SHOCK HORROR!!

Aponez

Aponez

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 419 posts
Very good news, but are that the only clases? Mages only?

deganawida

deganawida

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 778 posts
Sounds a lot like WoD, to me. 'Course, I'd pay good money for a good Mage game.

Dark Wanderer

Dark Wanderer

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 770 posts
Hmm, dunno what to think about this, but it SOUNDS promising. Then, again, so do a lot of things nowadays... <_<

Aponez

Aponez

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 419 posts

Sounds a lot like WoD, to me.  'Course, I'd pay good money for a good Mage game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only good mage is the dead mage :)

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12328 posts
:angry:

;)

Aponez

Aponez

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 419 posts

:angry:

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Say me nothing, your favourite class is the mage, then maybe will be any good mage, who isn't good for be dead ;)"

NeverwinterKnight

NeverwinterKnight

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1320 posts
i hope this game turns out to be good. afterall, the more good games there are out there, the better for me (the gamer). :ermm:

Aponez

Aponez

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 419 posts

SHOCK HORROR!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why Role-Player? a turn based game can be at least as fun as a real time game, remember Panzer General, Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate, Final Liberation: Epic 40K, Silent Storm, etc. :ermm:

Dhruin

Dhruin

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I'm pretty sure Role-player likes turnbased games. He's being a little cynical because many publishers say there's no market for turnbased stuff. o:)

Diogo Ribeiro

Diogo Ribeiro

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4823 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:ModernPlague
Dhruin wins :cool:

kumquatq3

kumquatq3

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3477 posts

I'm pretty sure Role-player likes turnbased games.  He's being a little cynical because many publishers say there's no market for turnbased stuff. o:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Nivals SStorm did pretty poorly over here. TO the point that their having trouble releasing the expansion here.

I seriously doubt that this game has an easy time making it to the states.

raneforyon

raneforyon

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm pretty sure Role-player likes turnbased games.  He's being a little cynical because many publishers say there's no market for turnbased stuff. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Nivals SStorm did pretty poorly over here. TO the point that their having trouble releasing the expansion here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to Gamespot, Silent Storm managed to sell less than 20k copies (SS won the "Best Game No One Played" award) :(

chemchok

chemchok

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm pretty sure Role-player likes turnbased games.  He's being a little cynical because many publishers say there's no market for turnbased stuff. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was posted by Serge Orlovsky a couple of weeks ago in Nival's forum. I'd imagine that one of the "next projects" he is referring to is Night Watch.

Hi,

We are aware of distribution problems of S2 and S3. Unfortunately we can't improve it, since we are not publishers, and contracts for these projects were signed long ago. I'm sorry for this and can assure you that our next projects will have a MUCH better distribution in both States and EU.

Regards,

Serge

Dhruin

Dhruin

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm pretty sure Role-player likes turnbased games.  He's being a little cynical because many publishers say there's no market for turnbased stuff. >_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But it sold quite well in Europe (can't give you an easy link, I'm sorry, developer friend gave me some comparisons with the US NPD numbers but I've forgotten the exact numbers). So, does that prove TB games don't sell in the US, US gamers don't like Russian games, Europeans do like Tb games -- or that Encore sucks as a distributor? I can fully understand why some publishers think this way but I'm not convinced it's quite that black and white.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users