When

That would suck if European PC users had to wait another 5 months until they translated all the speech files into the local languages... Its always the case however that games come out first in the country of their creation. However, they almost always do a simaltaneous international release these days. I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Translating all speech files into local languages? That'd be crazy. At most they only do so for three langages: German, French and occassionally spanish, I think (through I could be wrong).

I'm fine if it all comes out in english, as I don't need any other langages, and most don't either. Nowadays few make too many complainments about the games being in english. But then again, this is sweden and most people here learn english to some degree, so...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Translating all speech files into local languages? That'd be crazy. At most they only do so for three langages: German, French and occassionally spanish, I think (through I could be wrong).

I'm fine if it all comes out in english, as I don't need any other langages, and most don't either. Nowadays few make too many complainments about the games being in english. But then again, this is sweden and most people here learn english to some degree, so...

Translating KotOR into all of the local languages would take years, they would never do that. You're right anyways, they'll probably do German, French, and Spanish. They probably wont do Russian and besides, the Russians do a pretty good job of pirating and translating it themselves.

I don't know why they have to translate all the speech files. If you ask me, I'd just put subtitles since its such a waste of time. Ofcourse, if you put subtitles, more people will feel inclined to buy the game and less people will download it. Anyways, I don't really care as long as its in English.

Translating KotOR into all of the local languages would take years, they would never do that. You're right anyways, they'll probably do German, French, and Spanish. They probably wont do Russian and besides, the Russians do a pretty good job of pirating and translating it themselves.

I don't know why they have to translate all the speech files. If you ask me, I'd just put subtitles since its such a waste of time. Ofcourse, if you put subtitles, more people will feel inclined to buy the game and less people will download it. Anyways, I don't really care as long as its in English.

Well, same here. English is no problem. I don't mind if they do subtitles for Frech, German and Spanish, through. Those countries are quite big and contains a large part of the people of europe, plus that many people outside those countries learn those languages too...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I just checked and amazon.co.uk is currently quoting the 11th of feb but since the PC version has not gone gold yet that could easily change.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Why do all these stupid sites post their own release dates? Only trust one source, LucasArts...

Are we talking about the same LA which promised simultaneous release on Xbox and PC? :p"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Why do all these stupid sites post their own release dates? Only trust one source, LucasArts...

Are we talking about the same LA which promised simultaneous release on Xbox and PC? ;)"

Ok Ok Ok but don't forget, its their software and if there is a change in the release date, they know of it first because they wanted it... Thats why I said trust LA and only LA for release date info. That doesn't mean that it won't be delayed but if there is one, they will know of it first.

I have no background in translated games, but just as a logistic suggestion, the game may still keep the audio files in English/various alien languages, but the subtitles at the bottom may be rewritten. Considerably faster, and all you need is an army of translators.

i am desperatly waiting for the PC release in germany.

Besides i prefer the game with german speech/language. Only subtitles will be bad, because a lot of atmosphere is transported by language and if you have to read the subtitles and listen to the actors at the same time a lot of atmosphere will get lost.