KotOR II: The Sith Lords Wrap Report - Part 2

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/575/575798p1.html

Areas for Improvement 

Chris Avellone: As far as the story goes, I think maybe we were trying too hard for an Empire Strikes Back feel especially in terms of the revelations toward the end game and the resolutions - we just wanted the player to feel like there was something more going on, something greater, and it may not have seemed to tie together as well as it should. We could have made more of an effort to keep the game more self-contained, but the more that option was discussed toward the end, the less appealing it seemed - we wanted more of a sense that the saga would continue, that what was happening was only symptomatic of something occurring on an even greater scale. I think this is something that sat well with some gamers, but not others...

Looking Ahead 

Chris Parker: Obsidian Entertainment has always planned to be a two-project studio. We could even go to three at some point, but we don't have any desire to grow bigger than that. We are even worried about three projects - we enjoy the unity and closeness of having less than 50 people. Everybody knows each other, we hang out together, and LAN gaming is super sweet.

But to address the two-project thing, we have been working on NWN2 for several months, and are currently seeking our third project with a number of publishers. That is something we'd like to start in January or February of 2005.

I can't speak of what LucasArts wants or if we've had discussions with them, but if we were to do a KOTOR III, I think it would be a large divergence from the first two. We'd need to create a completely new engine, redo the rules system, and take care of a host of other 'things'. Of course, we'd stick to the Star Wars feel and story-driven gameplay. But that's outside of anything we should talk about here...

What A exellent find funcroc! ;)

As for Chris mentioning about KOTOR III this could be pretty big! (w00t)

I can't speak of what LucasArts wants or if we've had discussions with them, but if we were to do a KOTOR III, I think it would be a large divergence from the first two. We'd need to create a completely new engine, redo the rules system, and take care of a host of other 'things'. Of course, we'd stick to the Star Wars feel and story-driven gameplay. But that's outside of anything we should talk about here...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Chris/Lucasarts/Obsidian :lol:

(If you are reading this) please make KOTOR III,I'm sure everyone would be delighted if there is a KOTOR III and I'm sure I'm not just speaking for my self, there would be other people out there who would probably support me,I believe in you Obsidian that you will make a KOTOR III. I know theres been rumours here and there but I believe there is going to be a KOTOR III !!! GO Obsidain GO Obsidain GO Obsidain. (w00t) (w00t)

Cheers

Bastilla Skywalker

:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the letter a above its just a little cheer on for Obsidian to encourage them to make KOTOR III...I know there will be a KOTOR III,I have good instints that there will be....I raise the stakes....There WILL be a KOTOR III :D

If LA does let Obsidian make KOTOR III Obsidian is going to have its hands full. The last saga of the Trilogy. New story, charecters, engines, rules and fixing "things". KOTOR 3 will be a while off. But I support obsidian no matter. You guys rock!

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

There will be a KOTOR III I have good Instints. :D

Indeed, but don't expect it to come out within the next 2 years.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If they're doing a new engine from scratch, it will be atleast 2 years.  If they license another engine, maybe sooner.

I would suggest that they license the Unreal Engine 3.0, pretty impressive piece of work IMO.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If they're doing a new engine from scratch, it will be atleast 2 years.  If they license another engine, maybe sooner.

I would suggest that they license the Unreal Engine 3.0, pretty impressive piece of work IMO.

Omg it would be a work of art...

Goodluck getting it to run on some ****ty 64mb Ram X-Box though ;)

X-Box 2 could handle it i think.... time for reseaaaaarrrrrrrch >.<

Omg it would be a work of art...

Goodluck getting it to run on some ****ty 64mb Ram X-Box though ;)

X-Box 2 could handle it i think.... time for reseaaaaarrrrrrrch >.<

Unreal Engine 3.0 is designed for the next gen-consoles(PS3, Xbox next) and PCs alike :(

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The Source engine, with full ragdoll physics. Imagine using Force powers in a game with realistic physics and Half-Life 2 caliber graphics.

I get goosebumps.

Imagine racing speeders, or flying the Ebon Hawk in the Source engine.

I also really want proper lightsaber sound effects when I duel.

O i dont doubt it is... but considering the minimum Ram requirements are generally 600mb for that engine then i am not exactly expecting wnoderworks, if you can see where im coming from  ;)

From what i understand, the next gen-consoles will have superior bandwidth, compared to PCs that run Half-Life 2 flawlessly, so that shouldn't be a problem.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy