KotOR II: The Sith Lords Wrap Report - Part 2

I am sceptical because of the costing to make such technical silicone chipsets and hardwire them into the X-Box style motherboard. its expensive and i can only see the price rising along with the technology...

However if you all prove to be right i will make a new account name saying: They Were Right >.<

mmkay? :)

Console manufacturers actually take a loss on the cost of hardware so they can get the consoles in your home. But, they make money on every title sold.

I think M$ averaged a $150 loss for every XBox sold. Sony lost less, but their hardware cost less.

When all is said and done, M$ says they didn't turn a profit on the XBox, but they didn't lose much either. However, they gained market share.

If they can't launch at $300-$350, then they won't sell many consoles.

Processors need to be able to conduct electricity, and also need to be quite small. A friend of mine works for NanoMetrics, and they develop stages to measure down below nanometers. The stages are used to develop and manufacture processors. We've hit a window where we can't find a substance that can get smaller and conduct electricity as quickly.

Newer processors (like the ones going into the XBox 2 and PS3) are based upon hyperthreading. There are multiple processors, each with two threads.

Instead of one super processor, you get a farm of powerful processors.

The technology is currently available on the standard consumer market, in Macs.

I kid you not.

Personally I would prefer to be a Jedi, but an option to be a non-jedi couldn't hurt, its not like you would have to not be a Jedi. Plus it is possibly for a non Jedi to stand up to a Jedi, the Mandalorians seemed to do a pretty good job of it. I mean yeah they lost, but they took out quite a few.

Yeah Oskant is right, you can't change the style of a game. It would change the essance of a game. They should keep the same engine and just put some upgrades in it, and thoroughly test them of course. If they were to make a new engine because perhaps this one has to many limits (I don't know if it does or not), they should at least try to make it similar and not do something radical like making it into some huge open ended walk fest like Morrowind as I heard proposed in another post.

dr cloak we know that. You need not say it every single time someone posts something about K3's potential development. Might not e now, but it might be at some point, I think that's what everyone here refers to.

Hades, I agree with you in a lot of things. But I can't agree with you that the PC in a KotOR game should not be a Jedi, sorry. I don't mean that there shouldn't be a SW RPG where the PC isn't a Jedi, I agree there should be, just not in the KotOR series. How can you expect the PC not to be a Jedi in a game called Knights of the Old Republic. However, there should be other RPGs made where the option not to be a Jedi should be implemented, I'd like to see that very much.

My two cents.

Personally I would prefer to be a Jedi, but an option to be a non-jedi couldn't hurt, its not like you would have to not be a Jedi. Plus it is possibly for a non Jedi to stand up to a Jedi, the Mandalorians seemed to do a pretty good job of it. I mean yeah they lost, but they took out quite a few.

The Mandalorians fought the Republic not the Jedi soon as the Jedi and only some of them mind you who followed Revan joined the war well down they went. Against wars that threaten the whole Order non-Jedi are no match

Hmm, very interesting read. If anything, I hope they take their time with KoTORIII. I've got other games to play in the meantime I haven't caught up on.

K3 is not in development.

- dr cloak

Maybe and maybe not... the truth is noone knows now isnt it...

LA layed off alot of the designers working on K3 however did it mention "ALL" of them?

Nope :D