idea for a good kotor 3 ideas

I don't.

By the time Revan faced malak he was level 20.  Exile was level 25 to 27 at the end of KotOR 2.  Once again the developers LEFT NO ROOM FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.  Very poor design work if you want to use the same character in a sequel.

Which can only mean->

A. there won't be KotOR III

or

B. they do the same as in KotOR II and give you a new PC to play

or

C. you continue either Revan or Exile and start the game with 20+ levels, in which case i'll say "no thanks" to that one too.

Now if I were a gambler I'd put my money on option B.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

In terms of gameplay balance I might be inclined to agree with you, that both former PCs are very powerful when considering their roles in KotOR 3.

However from a story standpoint, it is necessary for KotOR 3 to have as the protagonists either Revan, the Exile or both. A new PC simply will not work and will firther butcher the storyline into loosely related mini-adventures as opposed to a trilogy, should that be the devs wish to make.

So Revan was 20 and the Exile 27, so what? Then make the starting enemies level 30 and keep going up from there, maybe the bosses are 50 or something similar. Wouldn't that solve the problem?

So Revan was 20 and the Exile 27, so what? Then make the starting enemies level 30 and keep going up from there, maybe the bosses are 50 or something similar. Wouldn't that solve the problem?

So then what new force powers would there be? Super Duper Awesome Bitchin' Force Storm?

That actually sounds pretty cool.... :ph34r:

Well, I have an idea. Why don't they just have you start as a new character, extract information from your previous games through a process like the did with Atton, and you have to find the Exile or Revan, and tell them about a discovery...as in something you discovered that was worth discovering...

*ahem*

Anyways, you find yourself in uncharted space, getting bombarded by a huge transport ship, fight some fighters or get captured by the ship...don't know where the story goes from there, but needless to say you probably end up on a tropical island singing a Tropical Song.

Personally, for KotOR 3 they should visit the first two, follow the Star Wars d20 System completely and rebalance it all out that by the end of each game you are around 10 to 12th level and then start KotOR 3 with either Revan or Exile at that level.

Of course that would never happen.

but if the game was wholly d20 it would lose a lot of fans, if the first kotor had been d20 i wudda bought it just to see, but i wudnt of wanted ot buy number 2

so do you appreciate why it wudnt happen, d20 is just to hardcore for sum people, u need compromise

d20 is too hardcore!?!?!?!

Man, what are you smoking?  Rolemaster is hardcore.  FUZION is hardcore.  Rifts is hardcore.  The d20 System is one the more user friendly PnP systems out there.  Man, you think d20 is hardcore?  I have to laugh at that.

If I can be taught D20 in an afternoon, anybody can learn D20.

Have anyone considered the possibility that you're talking to a 13 years old SW fanboy, to them D20 could well be too, shell we say sufisticated.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

I do agree with you in terms of gameplay that the leveling was too high.

Obviously I know next to nothing about d20 systems and rules sets, after all the only PnP RPG I ever played was Vampire the Masquerade and only a very few times. So you'll have to forgive me when I don't realize the significance of such systems in an RPG.

I figured since your principal grievance was that the party members and more particular the PC were overly powerful compared to the enemies, why not elevate the enemies' stats to balance the PC's strength. Since I haven't a clue how the d20 thing works, I figured making enemies more powerful than where the PC left off might work and since as I've read countlessly this game doesn't use the actual d20 rules system I figured that might solve the inbalance between enemy/player stats. So that can't be done...well excuse me for not knowing.

Balance is a very important issue in a game and surely since I lack any real knowledge of how these games and their rules work I can't give a proper and intelligent suggestion. All I was commenting on was the storyline element of the games, I feel that the only way to have a proper KotOR 3 would be to tie up the first two games and create a conclusion to the storyline in the third. To do this, I think it can only be done if the PC is either Revan, Exile or both.

All you needed to tell me was that in d20 leveling up enemies to somthing like I said wouldn't work because of the game mechanics or whatever. I'll take a look at the link you provided to see how d20 works.

Edited by Muad'Dib

I have seen 8 year olds figure out the d20 System at local gaming events. Kids who are still teething on Pokemon. Once you sit down and read the material, its not that hard to figure out.

Edit: I am not trying to be insulting, and if I came across that way I apologize. If you can play Vampire you can easily figure out the d20 System. I am at a lost at the Vampire system. :blink:

Here is a link to where you can download the d20 rules, both modern/future and fantasy as well a host of other material.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/20040121a

You want to click on the SRD main links.

I edited my own post as it was uncalled for, sorry. I appreciate the link to the d20 rules system, I'll be looking it over to see if I can understand how it all works. I only played Vampire 3 times before the group broke up so I really have almost no experience with PnP RPGs, hence my lack of knowledge about the balancing within the rules system.

I just want KotOR to become one cohesive and unforgettable story; as it stands, it isn't that. KotOR 3 would be my last hope to tie everything together and make a real story out of it all as opposed to a bunch of loose sub-stories it is right now. That's the reason for my insistance of returning the previous 2 PCs as the protagonists of the third. Story and characters are the most important parts of any game, movie or book for me; and all things considered I find the KotOR games to have the best stories and characters of any SW game. To have a new cast in 3 or not continue the story left open in 2, it would completely diminish the quality of the series extremely for me.

I really wish there was a way to implement both what you'd like in balance and what I'd like for story to make KotOR 3 a truly lengendary RPG when and if it's ever made.

With every single Ultima game you played the same character. And you know what, you always started over at level 1.

No one bitched that the Avatar lost his powers. It was accepted that you needed to start over for game balance reasons. Ultima IV-V-VI did allow you to transfer a charcter if you really wanted to keep your level, but in those games, power wasn't that important.

The Exile is also a powerful war general who starts at level 1 despite his past.

You get over it.

The MOST IMPORTANT factor in a game is not realism. It's having fun.

With every single Ultima game you played the same character.  And you know what, you always started over at level 1.

No one bitched that the Avatar lost his powers.  It was accepted that you needed to start over for game balance reasons.  Ultima IV-V-VI did allow you to transfer a charcter if you really wanted to keep your level, but in those games, power wasn't that important.

The Exile is also a powerful war general who starts at level 1 despite his past.

You get over it.

The MOST IMPORTANT factor in a game is not realism.  It's having fun.

Fun is definitely the most important thing. If there was a K3, I would pray that they didn't use the ole' "Bump on the head Amnesia" trick, or the ole' "Woops, I lost my connection to the Force" trick lol.

There has to be better ways of describing how you start out as weakling without relying on those cliches.

- dr cloak

For the story to have any merit there needs to be some realism to it. For any sory of immersion there must be a way which the player can feel that it is real within the context of the setting.

Ultima is not d20 so it is not govern by the same rules and it did irk me quite a bit actually. Without a good dose of realism, within the context of setting, I cannot have fun.

Because lightsabers, starships, and aliens fit within the context of the story and setting and which needs to be consistant within itself. The game mechanics need to fit within this consistancy in a CRPG or PnP RPG in order to effective tell that story in an interactive manner.

I have seen 8 year olds figure out the d20 System at local gaming events.  Kids who are still teething on Pokemon.  Once you sit down and read the material, its not that hard to figure out.

Edit:  I am not trying to be insulting, and if I came across that way I apologize.  If you can play Vampire you can easily figure out the d20 System.  I am at a lost at the Vampire system.  :)

Here is a link to where you can download the d20 rules, both modern/future and fantasy as well a host of other material.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/20040121a

You want to click on the SRD main links.

I can play Vampire, but I can't be the DM("Storyteller") because I simply can't wrap my mind around the rolling system. Our storyteller has to have her book with her all the time. <_< Did I just admit that? Alas, I must harden myself to mad bashings.

What these people really need to do is play a Star Wars D20 based mud. . .That'll help them figure out the system pretty darn quick.

Fnord.

I personally think the Vamp system to be quite simple. Try playing Shadowrun or an old Paladium game.

With the Storyteller/WoD system, you take an attribute and a skill. That's your dice pool. To swing a sword, you use DEX+MELEE.

Most things have a standard difficulty of 7. Any die that is a 7 or higher is a success.

If you have a success, you succeeded. Extra successes equate to bonues, such as bonus dice for damage.

It used to be that sometimes you needed X number of sucesses to actually suceed at something. Which is silly.

"I rolled 3 successes, but didn't succeed." That has been eliminated in the new rule system, which is actually a little simpler and more streamlined.

Instead of needed additional successes for something particularly difficult, you lose or add dice to your dice pool for modifiers. And the difficulty is always set at 7. Like I said, modifiers just affect the size of your dice pool.

Roll a success, and you succeed.

It's simple to a point. When it comes to botches and requiem's re-roll system it gets difficult. Many a time we've asked our storyteller "Didn't we botch?" and the answer was no.

In our games (where we have mostly combat pcs who load up on flaws so they can get that new specialty) there's so many things that you have to take into account ("my character has enchanting voice, but she has a difficulty to social rolls by 2!") you really don't know what you're doing with dice rolls to a point. Plus, one of the STs I've been under can't properly do a difficulty. Guh. (Our av. difficulty is actually six, not seven, in games.)

Fnord.