Thought on the LS ending.

So basically you go off in the ebon hawk in search of Revan.

I was feeling a bit let down about this at first but then I thought about it.. With Traya dead its just My PC going off into the unknown with 3 really hot chicks, 2 droids, a really good micanic and a ****y pilot.

I am failing to see the down side here. :shifty:

I know Kreia's visions of the future imply that you and your party split ways but I really can't see this happening rate then and there except for Mandalore. he obviously will be returning to Duxn.

The new Jedi will need to stay with you to be trained in the ways of the Jedi for some time before they can split off from you. That is unless Bastilla comes out of hiding to train them. Or if Jolee and Juhani are still alive somewhere. (assuming you didn't kill them in KOTOR1)

So really this does leave it open ended big time for fan fic writers and what not. So while I do still feel the ending was rushed and could have been better I am no longer feeling let down because of it.

sorry. it seems a word I used above was caught by the censors. I certainly wasn't trying to swear. I mean smart mouth, over confident, etc. and I just notice I have absolutly no idea how to edit a post I made. :rolleyes:

Its a natural human tendency to imagine and develop things in one's mind, in order to alleviate the let-down they just experienced.

I was let down at the end of the game as well. But I just accepted that feeling and moved on.

- dr cloak

The general consensus is that due to the open-ended nature, YOU decide the ending to be either:

1) Staying with your friends;

2) Returning to Exile;

3) Going off to aid Revan by yourself;

4) Going off to aid Revan with your friends;

5) Any other offshoot one's imagination can aspire.

*shrugs*

The "3 really hot chicks, 2 droids, a really good micanic and a ****y pilot" do make everyting alright in the end I guess. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

I wonder if Revan told Canderous Ordo(aka the Mandalore) about this evil, and told him to unite the Mandalorian Clans to help fight the evil.......

yeah i could see him staying behind to unite the clans for that regardless of what the exile does.

Yeah, Canderous would stay back. I actually found taking Canderous to see the Mandalorians on Nar Shaddaa and Dantooine very cool. It was so rewarding seeing him reunite those clans. :cool:

The remote and GoTo would have died in the LS ending though...and I have a sneaky suspicion Bao-Dur didn't make it either. :rolleyes:

Then again Bao-Dur might well have survived 'cause it wasn't clearly stated - just more 'leave it up the imagination' stuff. :huh:

manthing2.jpg

It seems to me that Bao-Dur had to live, because who else could have fixed the ship after it plummeted down that crater?  o:)

What I find truly amazing, is the fact that people go off into these elaborate ending continuations, based on the limited info they get at the end.

When in truth, these imaginative continuations are all probably inaccurate, since the many questions left unanswered were probably not intentional, but due to having to meet deadlines in a timely fashion

- dr cloak

Actually on the lightside ending I was pleased. It was not as bad as reported. The darkside ending was ok but too much like the lightside ending for my taste. Both endings leave the game open for a sequel and could have either Revan or Exile or both:). The irritating part for me was some of the broken quests.

Revan did not tell Mandalore to go and gather Mandalorians to help him. Mandalore was confused and wanted to know why Revan had left him after Revan was victorious.

Kreia says this to Mandalore, that she will answer his questions, why Revan left him, etc.

Mandalore is Canderous, of course

I haven't beat it on LS yet, maybe she never said that to Mandalore in the LS part of the game, I don't know.

I'm exactly positive what Kiera says because I haven't played for a while but I believe the three choices below are the one she presents you with.

From what I remeber is the choices Kiera gave to LS Revan/LS Exile was to,

1. Go Fight New Hidden Threat

2. Go back to Exile

3. Take Revan's spot (I'm not entirely sure what this meant, but I think it meant to currupt and destory the Jedi).

Kiera's perdictions are not inaccurate because, as Revan did, to fight the hidden threat you have to leave everything behind. That means no

"3 really hot chicks, 2 droids, a really good micanic and a ****y pilot" to accompany you. Not even a ship.

Going to exile agian seems to abandon all friendship, agian making her predictions accurate.

I don't really know about 'replacing Revan', because with a LS Revan it could mean helping defend the Jedi, or Currupting and Destroying the Jedi.

I'm exactly positive what Kiera says because I haven't played for a while but I believe the three choices below are the one she presents you with.

From what I remeber is the choices Kiera gave to LS Revan/LS Exile was to,

1.  Go Fight New Hidden Threat

2.  Go back to Exile

3.  Take Revan's spot (I'm not entirely sure what this meant, but I think it meant to currupt and destory the Jedi).

Kiera's perdictions are not inaccurate because, as Revan did, to fight the hidden threat you have to leave everything behind.  That means no

"3 really hot chicks, 2 droids, a really good micanic and a ****y pilot" to accompany you.  Not even a ship.

Going to exile agian seems to abandon all friendship, agian making her predictions accurate.

I don't really know about 'replacing Revan', because with a LS Revan it could mean helping defend the Jedi, or Currupting and Destroying the Jedi.

Not necessarily. If you select the convesation options about the fate of your companions, then & only then does it imply you left them. If you didn't select those dialogue options, then you inadvertently choose to stay with them. =]

manthing2.jpg

When in truth, these imaginative continuations are all probably inaccurate, since the many questions left unanswered were probably not intentional, but due to having to meet deadlines in a timely fashion

Inaccurate for who? Its a fantasy. Nothing more. If I choose to continue to story that's my choice. My point was that many games don't leave a lot of room for continuation in the minds of the players. This one does.

I'm trying to think up some cool fan fic ideas for later down the road.

The problem is what to call the PC so other readers will get in on it rate away. Exile is ok for the story of Sith Lords but it seems silly to call him/her that afterwards.

Plus I know the game used Gender to give you Disiple or Handmaiden but in reality it would make more senes that both Joined your party no matter what since they are both force sensitive and part of the future of the Jedi.

Inaccurate for who? Its a fantasy. Nothing more. If I choose to continue to story that's my choice. My point was that many games don't leave a lot of room for continuation in the minds of the players. This one does.

I'm trying to think up some cool fan fic ideas for later down the road.

The problem is what to call the PC so other readers will get in on it rate away. Exile is ok for the story of Sith Lords but it seems silly to call him/her that afterwards.

Plus I know the game used Gender to give you Disiple or Handmaiden but in reality it would make more senes that both Joined your party no matter what since they are both force sensitive and part of the future of the Jedi.

:p

manthing2.jpg

Or, here's an idea, saber the witch, fly off with the hot chicks and atton (to keep the one's who aren't spending a particular nite with you happy) and toss GOTO (what I wanted to do as soon as he came aboard the ship) into the nearest sun! Then, fly to korriban and kick Bau-Duar and his annoying remote (I can't remember if he's still alive) off, tell them best of luck, and tear off accross the galaxy! But who'll repair the ship? T3-M4, I have no problem with him, and he won't distract them ladies.

And for security, and just kicks and giggles, HK-47 can stick with us! That's my plan, at least.